LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's why he has some to spare. ;)

Whoohoo! An appointment I had after work with a client has been cancelled. That means I've got 3 hours to work on my car. But first I'm going to put on the STi spoiler, and if I have time, this boost gauge will go in too.

HAHA around the tail light...nothing wrong with adding a little slack, or having extra so you don't have to take a second trip!

I was talking about having extra fuse taps left over, even though I do have extra vacuum hose as well. I bought 10 feet in case I accidentally split a line while running it from the engine bay to the wheel well or through the firewall.

A quick update for those who are interested in a RHD VBG1...I have ordered the pcb. It will look somthing like this:

RHD.JPG.1f34d5d28a38689d153cb6c108888deb.JPG

The display unit PCB main board stays the same, the mounting pcb board changes shape (reverses dimensionally only). The graphic overlay will also have to change.

I still need to order the graphic overlay.

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

I'm still loving this gauge!

The only downside I've seen is that while boosting, I hear this small wistle coming from the sending unit.

Other than that great gauge! Stock car I'm boosting at 13,2-13,7psi peak!

JP

did you put a zip tie or something around the vacuum hose at the connection? And what size vacuum line are you using? I have a a zip tie around a 5/32 hose that i'm using and have no problems.

By the way, finally got the gauge wired up this past weekend and Its awesome, all my friends are amazed. Its great to see gauges getting away from the conventional circular pod design!

:spin:

did you put a zip tie or something around the vacuum hose at the connection? And what size vacuum line are you using? I have a a zip tie around a 5/32 hose that i'm using and have no problems.

By the way, finally got the gauge wired up this past weekend and Its awesome, all my friends are amazed. Its great to see gauges getting away from the conventional circular pod design!

Yea, fixed my leak... the tubing wasn't tight... put zip tie on it and all seems good!

I also measured the hose.. its OD:0.25'' and its ID:0.17'' which is what Andy recommended!

JP

Suggestions for those of us that do not have the area/space/room/tools required to do the install? I'm at college right now and I park outside in a residence hall parking lot...is there a set of instructions I can give to a good shop around here to install the thing without f-ing up the wiring/failing to make it neat?

geezus, 10 feet? Are you wrapping it around the tail light twice? :lol:

Seriously...we're going from the the center of the engine, through the firewall via the fender, and into the fuse box outboard of the steering column.

So, you guys using all of 10 feet for vac hose?

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

My car is at the shop (ESP in Serling, MA) right now getting this gauge installed. can't wait to pick it up.
Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

I had to buy 10' too. They didn't sell any less.

I've got the gauge installed with the wiring done. Just gotta do the vacuum hose part, and cutting into the BOV line.

Which fuse were you guys using for the parking lights input? I couldn't really find any, and just put it to "Illumination" but that's not really dimming the gauge at all. Is that what that input is for? Or is it something else?

+1 to that, where does everyone tap-in for the wiring of the illumination? I have it setup for auto right now, but I'd like to get it done sooner than later!

Loving this gauge and all aspects of it! The only thing left is to wire the illumination wire somewhere to dim the gauge while diming the cluster and all!

JP