LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

If anyone wants to know with VW tuning software, its not like software for subarus. VW's dont have to worry about getting tuned with each phase of adding performance parts. The ecu will learn and adapt to whats going on with the flash tune up to a certain point. Basic bolt ons would be intake, intake manifold, exhaust and intercooler. Some tuning companies for VW/Audi do have different tuning flashes to support for injectors and different turbos
:spin:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only do the colours match perfectly, the brightness matches perfectly too. If I didn't know, I'd think this was stock. It matches perfectly, also during the opening ceremony.

One of the best purchases I made, and a very simple install (I was worried about that part).

Can we have a separate "official" thread on this, with the facts, features, etc? This thread is more of a developmental phase. The vent gauge can now do boost, temp and AFR from a wideband sensor, am I right? Am I missing anything?

what temp? mine only does boost, battery voltage, and wideband readout. I want oil pressure so i can get rid of my cubby pod! The install is very straight forward as long as you read the directions! If not you'll be running power twice, i guarantee it.

You need to use the IGN2 fuse. The Cigarette fuse cuts power during cranking, and doesn't allow the pressure sensor to auto-calibrate. That's why your readings are off.

On this point, would it be advisable to hook up the headunit to the IGN2 fuse? So it doesn't cut power during cranking.

Or, question rephrased, is it bad for a headunit to be powered while engine is cranking?

Jimblaz, Thanks for posting your pics.

The vent gauge can now do boost, temp and AFR from a wideband sensor, am I right? Am I missing anything?

Nope - The vent gauge can only do boost as well as AFR when using an LC-1 compatible (0-5V) output. Oh, and it can display voltage. See the manual for more info: Manual

Is there any way to get this to read out in metric? I'd definitely be in for one if you could.

This is actually in the works but is not supported yet.

Update: I should be getting a much larger shipment in of pre-assembled gauges in house in about a week. So there should be more availability soon.

RHD people, I have a the pcb in house and the new RHD graphic overlay out for quote. If all goes well with the new overlay and pcb assembly we should have a RHD version in about 2 weeks.

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

RHD UPDATE:

The new graphics overlay for the RHD version is being shipped this Friday, so pretty soon we should have the first assembled RHD unit ready for a fit test.

I was also wondering, do you have the min and max opererating temp of the gauge?

Since this winter I will most likely see temps near -10F to -20F, will the gauge support cold temperature for a long period of time?

Theoretically theses things should be good down to -40F. You should also notice that in cold weather the oled displays are as quick as they are in warm weather. Unlike the sluggish LCD displays. Winter is coming, and I appreciate any abnormal feedback regarding the gauge.

RHD UPDATE:

The new graphics overlay for the RHD version is being shipped this Friday, so pretty soon we should have the first assembled RHD unit ready for a fit test.

Theoretically theses things should be good down to -40F. You should also notice that in cold weather the oled displays are as quick as they are in warm weather. Unlike the sluggish LCD displays. Winter is coming, and I appreciate any abnormal feedback regarding the gauge.

you going to need any RHD beta testers? :cool:

Looks like you are sold out of the vent guage. When will you have any in stock?

I really dont need boost and all that but I want a display for LC1 wideband.

Too bad the center trip display couldnt do LC1 wideband.

I found the nylon signal line not necessary. Because we aren't putting the vacuum tube through anything that is pinching it, we're ok with just the vacuum tube.

I purchased 1/4" tubing that did the trick for the signal line. And the "T" adapter I got was also from the same place. I'm sure any generic auto parts store would have it. Get atleast 5" though, as I bought 10" and probably used up 6" of it.

you going to need any RHD beta testers?

LegacyDan, yeah I will. I already have 1. I could use 1 more. I think two beta testers will be good for the RHD version. Pretty much a fit test. If you want in let me know. just received word yesterday that the new overlay has shipped. So they may be ready by late next week.

any way to alter the programming or change it up to accomodate higher levels of boost?

Good question. The sending unit can actually read values much higher than 25 PSI. The Led display is limited to displaying 25 PSI at a scale of 1 Per psi. The digital display will currently read beyond 25. I don't have an official top end, I will do some testing to let you know.

Looks like you are sold out of the vent guage. When will you have any in stock?

I really dont need boost and all that but I want a display for LC1 wideband.

Too bad the center trip display couldnt do LC1 wideband.

They will be back in stock soon, shooting for late this coming week, I may have one before the end of the weekend.

Yeah this gauge is really a boost gauge that displays AFR wideband using the input from an LC1 analog out.

also...can it be set up to display AFR and volt side by side? leave boost not hooked up and not displayed or is one display dedicated to boost permanently?

Since it was designed as a boost gauge I decided to always leave the left display dedicated to displaying VAC and Boost.

I wouldn't recommend just leaving the boost "not hooked up" it's designed to allow the user to enter menu items and adjust parameters while the sensor detects a vac. If the sensor is just sitting at ATM it may not let you adjust menu items.

If there is interest in a dedicated LC1 wide band display using the same hardware as the VBG1 - I could write new code for this and just use the existing hardware. If there is interest lets start a new thread on this topic.

we could call the unit VWD1 - Vent Wideband Display - I dunno :redface: