LegacyGT.com

Official Test for NTD Throttle Control Unit

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the type of product that will definitely have some people saying it's not worth it... It's to be expected. People will either like the product and believe in it or they may not. The rice cooker was an analogy to help explain one perspective of how these devices apply to our cars - a different way of doing the same thing.

Pan, I still want to see some vids or something with this on a few cars. I could look at graphs all day man. I want to see some VIDS with this on a legacy. GEE-otto, do you have any vids or anything yet? I am thinking about getting it for my moms 09 Escape. She told me it needs some more power. I herd this work for many different cars right? I am sure this is a good thing, but like stated before I want to make sure tis is not like the turbonator type thing ya know.

Pan, I still want to see some vids or something with this on a few cars. I could look at graphs all day man. I want to see some VIDS with this on a legacy. GEE-otto, do you have any vids or anything yet? I am thinking about getting it for my moms 09 Escape. She told me it needs some more power. I herd this work for many different cars right? I am sure this is a good thing, but like stated before I want to make sure tis is not like the turbonator type thing ya know.

No turbonator LOL ill get a vid today. The hard part is getting a shot that shows the difference in the settings :confused:. But I think I know how keep the throttle at the same "A" value and change the "mode" setting :eek:

Seriously - Forum rules are for all members - read them and heed them. Beyond that, please don't grapp on a vendor's thread and take it down a rat-hole. pansontw my apologies on behalf of the site.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

wish i had money :(

i wana see some installed pics, where did people mount it?

I mounted the control module under the steering wheel console:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/GEE-OTTO/unit.jpg

I mounted the display module above the volume knob on the head unit :

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/GEE-OTTO/unit1.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/GEE-OTTO/unit2.jpg

All the wires are tucked away and ran under the shroud that covers the bottom of the dash area

If i get beat by a Yaris, I will hang my self. :(, looking good GEE. now let's get some vids up.

Pansontw, you think we could get better then 28-30 MPG with this? i might go ahead and try one and test that out. i get a consistent 29 now and that doing about 78-80 MPH on the highway with cruise control on all the time. What do you think?

If i get beat by a Yaris, I will hang my self. :(, looking good GEE. now let's get some vids up.

Pansontw, you think we could get better then 28-30 MPG with this? i might go ahead and try one and test that out. i get a consistent 29 now and that doing about 78-80 MPH on the highway with cruise control on all the time. What do you think?

If you get walked by a YARIS it isnt stock :lol:

Hello forum friends and interested others. I haven't installed it yet b/c I left the office later than I wanted to yesterday. But the instruction call for the pedal assembly to be removed which after looking may not be needed because the connector can be removed while it is still attached it would make things easier but it isn't totally necessary.

Count me in for one of these, I will place an order on Friday... But the one thing that concerns me is " pedal assembly to be removed" GEE-OTTO, how did that fair for you? Did you actually remove the pedal? and if so, this require additional work? I'm going to order regardless, I just want to know what I'm getting involved in.

Thanks

Count me in for one of these, I will place an order on Friday... But the one thing that concerns me is " pedal assembly to be removed" GEE-OTTO, how did that fair for you? Did you actually remove the pedal? and if so, this require additional work? I'm going to order regardless, I just want to know what I'm getting involved in.

Thanks

NO pedal removal is needed for this install the plug can be reached no problem :)

Archived