LegacyGT.com

Official Test for NTD Throttle Control Unit

I was in a situation the other day when I was wondering why my car was so sluggish, then I looked down and realized my unit had reset itself back to the normal sitting. . .I shrugged, set it to SP7, and went on my way. I'm pretty sure I wired it correctly. I notice that my foot comes dangerously close to the OBD port while going for the clutch. Sometimes I do manage to hit the wire going to it.

Hmm well the 05 must be different or maybe you could try tucking them up a little better. I forget my is installed sometimes im just so used to it being right there its like it is part of the car :eek:

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on my 2010 there is a fuse panel near your left knee,with a hinged bottom. with it pulled out you can read it perfectly . and when my wife drives my car i close it and she doesn't even know i have anything installed. i'll take a pic soon . its a very clean look

I just got mine all hooked up, and I would have to say this is a must have for anyone that enjoys driving a Subaru. It free's your car from the throttle response jail! This is a awesome product!!! Even for a automatic!

YAY! now I can say 4EAT FTW!*

*only with said throttle controller installed :lol:

hmmm...now you guys have got me interested. :) I didn't think it would be that beneficial to driving with a 4EAT. I hardly have to touch the throttle to have decent response in city driving...mashing it is another story. Can you provide more details on your experience?

hmmm...now you guys have got me interested. :) I didn't think it would be that beneficial to driving with a 4EAT. I hardly have to touch the throttle to have decent response in city driving...mashing it is another story. Can you provide more details on your experience?

From my experiences; SP7 is very drivable for me. I mean, put your car in sports drive and SP7 and have a lot of fun! or shift it your self with the manual shift. I also notice that my car accelerates faster on the freeway. I'm able to hit around 110 MPH, compared to when I used to just hit 100 MPH. All in all, this kit gives your car a very aggressive feel. Which is kind of funny, because when I first installed it, It didn't do much. Then I forgot the unit learns itself to the ECU... After that, it drove like a beast.

Thanks for the details. I was concerned that throttle may be too jumpy with an AT. Anyone else installed this on an automatic?

The throttle is not so much jumpy but stronger. Typically you could step on and off the gas rapidly and your car wouldnt do anything due to the lag well try on SP7 you will get a jerk everytime you set on the gas if that makes sense.

On a AT i would imagine you'd be put back in the seat constantly :)

Thanks for the details. I was concerned that throttle may be too jumpy with an AT. Anyone else installed this on an automatic?

Check post #124, my friend :)

The throttle is not so much jumpy but stronger. Typically you could step on and off the gas rapidly and your car wouldnt do anything due to the lag well try on SP7 you will get a jerk everytime you set on the gas if that makes sense.

On a AT i would imagine you'd be put back in the seat constantly :)

+1. The throttle is more responsive, ala 'stronger'. And yes, I'm always put back in my seat under SP6 & 7 in SportShift mode :D

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

i got mine in the mail today. installed it in 12 minutes and took it out for a test drive. at first i was like WTF this doesnt do anything but after about 20 minutes of driving it started making a difference i noticed faster accelleration in sp mode and a huge lag in ec mode. so far i am satisfied with this unit.

i got mine in the mail today. installed it in 12 minutes and took it out for a test drive. at first i was like WTF this doesnt do anything but after about 20 minutes of driving it started making a difference i noticed faster accelleration in sp mode and a huge lag in ec mode. so far i am satisfied with this unit.

Yeah the lower SP setting arent as drastic. I drive full time in SP2 it suits my style better

I also notice that my car accelerates faster on the freeway. I'm able to hit around 110 MPH, compared to when I used to just hit 100 MPH.

Are you saying that this device changed the top speed of your car, and how fast it gets there?

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

mine had the cel light on. reset ecu and on SP3 most of time. got a zerosports crank pulley installed too. it helps alittle. tried sports mode with sp7 once. liked it but the petrol consumption lol. on the 4eat is ok.

Are you saying that this device changed the top speed of your car, and how fast it gets there?

Yeah, thats what I have noticed. I'm not proud of it, but on two different occasions while out on a cruise I would get on it and the car had more power on top end. Previously I struggled to get past 100MPH, now it goes to 110 with no problems. I'm not sure why it does this on a technical level. I just know that it does... Take it for what it's worth, could be a little in my head, but i don't think so. Anyone else similar results?

also FWIW, I tried this today, I reset my ECU and then reset the ETC and it performs considerably better. I don't know how well this will work for everyone, but I had reset my ETC unit serveral times without resetting the ECU, so it may have had a negative impact on performance in the long run. Resetting the ECU definitely increased the performance of response of the ETC.

Also my car was doing that RPM dip when put in neutral, so I wanted to reset the ECU to get rid of that.

Just wondering, does this plug into the same port that an accessport would eventually plug into? Like is it the same port that the GT users plug their accessports into, or a different one?

I guess worrying about isn't that important though, cause who knows when thatll come out for us.

Previously I struggled to get past 100MPH, now it goes to 110 with no problems.

Really? I'm surprised!

Have a pretty similar setup to you engine/tranny wise.....I did take mine up to 100 mph once and it got there in pretty short order....it seemed like it would have done a decent amount more as well with no problem at all. Never taken it up that fast again since then....

Curious if anyone else out there with the 2.5i/4EAT combo has figured out the top end speed from experience? :rolleyes: Stock setup I mean.

What about the 2.5i/5MT? Anyone know the stock top end speed?

Sorry to go a bit off-topic!

Steve C.

2009 Legacy 2.5i Wagon

Touring Package

Satin White Pearl

Archived