LegacyGT.com

ERZ Catted DP

istealfrombums

Why nervous. I am just a tight wad with money (cause I don't have tons to throw around) and I want to make sure they all go on without a hitch.

If you are a frugal spender looking for an awesome piece of gear this DP is as nice as some twice the price!

BUMP FOR AN AWESOME DP!

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry if this was covered someplace deep in this thread, but I have a question about the bellmouth portion of the pipe. I know it is "cast" but is it cast iron or other? Is it coated with some sort of paint that will burn off and begin to surface rust?

Thanks,

- Allen.

I think the catless ERZ DP is like $180. Shoot erzperformance a PM and ask.

Allen- The bellmouth is cast iron. It is properly welded to the stainless. It is also painted with 1000 degree silver paint to prevent rusting. I verified the paint with ERZ. If you are familiar with iron to stainless welds it is easy to visually inspect for the proper technique and materials.

anyone know where to pick up a cheap plug for the wideband o2 sensor on the catted version? I know i read it on the boards somewhere but cant seem to find it... oh and i need it asap because emissions test happens later today...

my o2 plug was missing i was able to use a 18x1.5mm oil drain plug said it fits chryslers and toyota, threaded right in, no problem

I bet if you contact ERZ and let them know you were shorted a plug, they will send you one if you want it (although your drain plug fix is full of WIN).

i had the same problem with not getting the O2 sensor bung... but thought that it's because i didn't order with the "CEL fix" (what ever that is) so i got one from a friend. maybe that's the reason maybe not. can't say for sure...but it's good to know about that drain plug fix. sounds cool.

i had the same problem with not getting the O2 sensor bung... but thought that it's because i didn't order with the "CEL fix" (what ever that is) so i got one from a friend. maybe that's the reason maybe not. can't say for sure...but it's good to know about that drain plug fix. sounds cool.

You should have received one. If for some reason it is not in the packaging contact ERZ immediately for a free replacement.

The "cel fix" is an old school trick to keep the cel from coming on if you dont have a tune. You better have a tune. We all know what happens to stage 2 cars with no tune. BOOM!

question: is it safe to run a ap stg 2 program, 93 oct, with just the catless dp and stock mid, y pipe and cans? dont want engine to go boom

You really need to change the uppipe on your 05 too. There is a cat in the uppipe that is restricting flow too. might want to call Cobb and ask about not having the uppipe in. the CBE is the least of your worries.

oh yeah i have full intentions of doing the u/p, first take care of bumper cover then u/p. ive seen some post on here about people removing the cat out of the u/p,i might do that as a quick mod. cash is tight new bumper, materials, labor and paint $500.00 this sucks,

oh yeah i have full intentions of doing the u/p, first take care of bumper cover then u/p. ive seen some post on here about people removing the cat out of the u/p,i might do that as a quick mod. cash is tight new bumper, materials, labor and paint $500.00 this sucks,

Then have no fear about the CBE. You should be just fine. Always log. Its just good practice.

You should have received one. If for some reason it is not in the packaging contact ERZ immediately for a free replacement.

The "cel fix" is an old school trick to keep the cel from coming on if you dont have a tune. You better have a tune. We all know what happens to stage 2 cars with no tune. BOOM!

well i already got a plug and it's installed. i am using a cobb ap and running stage 2 93 octane with stock midpipe minus resonator, stock y pipe and XO2 cans. feels good and stable for now...haven't done a top speed run yet but by the weekend i'll know for sure. and thanks for the "cel fix" info.

Archived