LegacyGT.com

lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

That makes sense now- I thought my old Perrin end links ran out of grease in their ball and socket joints- I replaced with kartboys- added the "bils" as you call 'em and still the "creaky-id-yee-creek" over bumps and out of driveways.( thats not the reason I replaced everything- but I thought it would help). Now it makes sense to grease the bushings( they are polyurethane ).

Thanks B Monkey!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

B Monkey?

Oh yeah, my "Title". OK, that just got changed. When you get 2400+ posts you too can be a Burning Monkey. :lol: :lol: ;)

It could be something else that's squeaking but the sway bushings are a good place to start.

Which springs will give about a 1" or bit more drop when matched to the Bilstein struts on the spec.B? (Question asked before by 2 others)... I'm looking at Tein S-tech Lowering springs... they say Drop: F: -1.54" / R: -1.46" and in the Spec B, that might be perfect because they sit higher. anyone use them?

Anyone know the difference between Eibach Pro Kit and Epic Engineering springs?

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Eibach

F: -1.0 inch, 3.0-4.0 kg/mm

R: -0.76 inch, 3.0-6.0 kg/mm

Epic Engineering

F: -1.0 inch, 4.0kg/mm

R: -0.8 inch, 5.9kg/mm

Veeery similar, except it looks like Eibachs are progressive and the EE's are linear

Thanks! So I take it Eibach will be a bit more comfortable DD and epic a bit more performance orientated?

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Yea, that's the general rule between progressive and linear springs. Progressive will be more comfy while cruising. Linear will be better for quick transitions, like Auto-X.

Sounds good. I think the Eibach are for me then. I'm considering pairing them with some KYB GR2 struts for a cheap comfortable setup with less body roll.

I think the Epics are a rebranding of the Eibachs produced for Epic, i.e., they are the same. Therefore I think they are both progressive. The Ralliteks are progressive rate springs also made by Eibach but Rallitek hasn't disclosed spring rates. All three look very similar (except for color) and have a similar drop. My guess is that they will produce a very similar ride.

I just looked into it, you're right about EE and Eibach being the same, which makes me wonder why EE doesnt provide the starting rate

Well, When Eibach made & private labeled these for us - they made them to the exact spec of their Pro-Kit they used to produce...

Rallitek specs are as follows...

F: -1.1 inches, 5.5-6.1 kg/mm

R: -0.9 inches, 4.3-6.5 kg/mm

• 2 weeks later...
Is the consensus that the Eibachs are permanently out of production? Tire rack says ETA of 6/6/2011. From what I've read MSI did a group buy, but those are mostly gone. Apparently these Epic Eng springs are identical to the Eibach, so maybe that means they will become the solution going forward. Just trying to gauge the options for an Eibach/clone in 1 years time.

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Eibach-Pro-Kit-Lowering-Springs-Subaru-Legacy-GT-2005-2009

if you want actual Eibach springs. Otherwise like others have said, I'm fairly certain the Epic Engineering springs are exactly the same as Eibach springs aside from color. You could double check with FredBeansParts

Fred Beans told me they are not the same, but wouldn't really say more. I did get Eibach though as I found them for less. I haven't installed them yet though.

The Eibach brand appears to be back in production. A 6/6/11 delivery would seem to indicate an inventory issue and not a production issue. And they are all progressive springs. The Eibachs, Epics, MSIs and Ralliteks are all related (on the mother's side I think). The differences will likely be minimal (although I certainly haven't tried them all; just based on my own research and looking at the pics). Mostly it's a matter of price, brand, color, support, and who you like to buy from.

It's funny how in another thread a while back, Fred Beans said EE springs are the same as the Eibachs. MSI's are also re-branded Eibachs.

RalliTEK's may be manufactured by Eibach, but with different spring rates.

The Ralliteks look identical to the Eibachs. But when I asked about spring rates a while back they wouldn't disclose but someone above had reported rates for them (not sure where info was from - Rallitek or independent measure?). They are close though. And they all have about the same drop.

I remember the post but didn't go back to see the source. Where did you get the spring rates? I had tried to find them (as had others in the past) but they had been reluctant to release them. Glad you could find them.

I have the Epics mounted on Konis (thanks to m sprank). Simply love them. And the drop isn't so severe that I can still get up my Rino-Ramps to change my oil.

Dan from FBPs told me the Epics were identical to the Eibachs, just rebadged.

I'm running ralliteks on OEM and the set up is pretty good. Better dampers would be better. The GR2s are supposed to be little better and I've read somewhere hereabouts that they have worked well/better than OEMs. I'll probably switch to Konis at some point. But the ralliteks plus some rear sway bar changes (20mm AVO) make the handling much better than straight OEM.

will I wear them out drastically quicker? Ralliteks are a pretty mild drop so I don't think they'll be too terrible. I just can't justify the extra price for the koni's or coils since it is only a DD. I drive spirited occasionally but I don't auto x or anything