LegacyGT.com

lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

Well, I just found out that my left-front Epic spring in broken.

The same thing happened to me with a front Epic spring. I ended up with King springs on front. I have had HR on a 1998 Legacy with KYBs and liked them. I might be going back to stock springs though for winter.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The same thing happened to me with a front Epic spring. I ended up with King springs on front. I have had HR on a 1998 Legacy with KYBs and liked them. I might be going back to stock springs though for winter.

I went with the H&R springs. I really like them. More compliant than the Epic Engineering springs and they have a lifetime warranty. I contacted EE about the spring breaking and talked with Horacio. I sent him an email and a text later, but no one ever got back to me. Stay away from EE springs. Much better options out there with better customer service. I can say H&R customer service was fantastic.

• 1 month later...

Hey first post on here, was wondering if anyone has any recommendations or knows what springs and struts would be compatible with my car. I know someone has probably already posted the answers I am looking for but I've been digging online for days and I cant find anything. So evcn if anyone can just link me in the right direction that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...
I’m running 17x9s with 245/40s on my 05 lgt and not sure how low I can go without rubbing. Wanna get a set of springs need some recommendations and tips for any problems I might run into thanks.d5ba75b5878eec905379839989a9f70f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t want anything too stiff it’s my daily

H&R springs with Koni yellow struts is nice.

I have that combo and love them. Fairly comfortable and compliant in regular driving, but tightens up when you lean into the curves. H&R springs have progressive spring rates. They lower the car an inch or so. Much better the the Epic Engineering springs I had. The front spring broke and Epic would call me back. Stay away from them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, first time posting here but been browsing the site for a while now.

I have an '07 limited edition legacy wagon that I recently started modifying to make the car a bit more fun than your average grocery getter haha. I want to lower the cars overall ride height to eliminate some of the wheel gap and have been looking at Tein High Tech springs and H&R Sports springs. The H&R's lower the car by 1.4" in the front and 1.3" in the back which seems a bit much to be honest. The Teins lower both front and back by 0.9" which seems a tad more reasonable.

My question is; does anyone have experience with either or both of these sets on their legacy wagon? Would you recommend one over the other? Do you have any issue running stock struts with these new springs? I've browsed the fourms looking for answers but keep finding mixed responses and primarily for the sedan model legacy.

Any info is appreciated! Thanks boys!

I have (had) the Tein H-Techs on Konis. Never had them on stock struts. You can check my build thread for my thoughts on them (search "h-tech", "Tein" and "H-techs" in my thread). Basically they are a good compromise. A wee bit soft, but that makes them ride nice. Edited by rebourne

I have (had) the Tein H-Techs on Konis. Never had them on stock struts. You can check my build thread for my thoughts on them (search "h-tech", "Tein" and "H-techs" in my thread). Basically they are a good compromise. A wee bit soft, but that makes them ride nice.

Awesome, I'll check out that thread, thanks. You've got a great looking OB!

• 2 weeks later...

KYB shocks, Swift (wagon specific) sport springs. Looked great, rode great. Idk why the bad reviews. Been in much much worse lowered vehicles. Stance is an absolute thing of beauty. Put abt 10k on em before I sold the car (regretfully). Nice ride on clean roads and not so bad on rough roads. Whiteline rear sway and front poly bushings along with the shocks n springs did wonders for the overall fun

Adjustments.thumb.jpg.35c5130198b02667cd58ba7cf0de814d.jpg

Edited by Wooosh

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 05 lgt sedan with 17x9 et42 245/40s and bilstein shocks and struts. I plan on getting a set of H&R springs but not sure how low I can go without hitting the strut perch or having to roll my fenders a lot. I’m sorry if this has been mentioned before but I have difficulty navigating throughout the forums and haven’t found anything. 516e123ba231fd38eacf6d04754d2185.jpg

I have a 05 lgt sedan with 17x9 et42 245/40s and bilstein shocks and struts. I plan on getting a set of H&R springs but not sure how low I can go without hitting the strut perch or having to roll my fenders a lot. I’m sorry if this has been mentioned before but I have difficulty navigating throughout the forums and haven’t found anything. 516e123ba231fd38eacf6d04754d2185.jpg

Idk how low the H&Rs bring you but the pic above of my wagon with the Swifts (1.2” front, 1” rear drop I believe) are with 18x8 Enkei Raijin et40 and rear with a 5mm spacer on them (et35). IIRC tires were 225/40/18. No scrub full turn either way, no scrub on bumps. Not the same springs but a comparison reference at least

Lowering won't impact the strut perch. However at 245/40 you probably will have to roll the rear.

Getting your alignment dialed will help, but be prepared to role the fender lip front and rear.

Just reread and saw you are on Bilsteins, the Bilsteins have a higher strut perch so you pretty much never have to worry about it.

You do want springs made for the Bilsteins / JDM cause otherwise the front will always be too high.

Imo the front of your car needs to come down. Rear looks great.

Edited by Rhitter

• 4 months later...
From what I read, they seem to be too aggressive for me. I'll ask my speed shop about them though. Thanks.

I think they are a fantastic balance and handle great paired with HD's. There's no way to evaluate a single component, it's the combination that matters.

• 11 months later...
KYB shocks, Swift (wagon specific) sport springs. Looked great, rode great. Idk why the bad reviews. Been in much much worse lowered vehicles. Stance is an absolute thing of beauty. Put abt 10k on em before I sold the car (regretfully). Nice ride on clean roads and not so bad on rough roads. Whiteline rear sway and front poly bushings along with the shocks n springs did wonders for the overall fun

[ATTACH]287352[/ATTACH]

this is insane looking, holy shit

• 2 months later...