LegacyGT.com

2.5i Subaru 25mm Front sway bar.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HA! ok ok ok

The rear end of a 2.5i and a LGT are identical so the parts are interchangeable. (mounting locations are identical)

The front end of a 2.5i differs from a LGT so we have to get creative.

The Tribeca bar can be made to fit our cars in light of these differences.

That red perrin bar that you pictured a few posts back is Rear Sway Bar.

:)

Has anyone done this on an 04 BH? I've been reading through and it seams most are on 05+ Legacy's. I know I have the thinner chassis, but I'm looking for a low cost partner to my 20mm Whiteline RSB. I saw in thread that the Tribeca are hollow so it handles like a 22-23mm FSB. Good info all around! Thanks

• 2 months later...

I am curious about something. I may be doing this on my 3.0R soon. I put a bigger fsb on my 98 Legacy and I had unbolt that on ramps. Then jack the car up and take a wheel off and slide the sway bar out the side. Is it the same process on the 05-09 NA cars or is it similar to the GT where it can be slid out the front:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/front-sway-bar-install-w-pics-196346.html

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Bringing this back. Read this thread a while ago but only today finally had Tribeca's FSB with forester links installed on son's 05 NA OB. All I can say is WOW. We put Perrin 22 RSB on his car some time ago and it helped a lot, but with Tribeca's FSB this is a totally different car! Thanks to shtbxr22 for detailed description and parts list!

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• 2 months later...
Process is the same, unbolt enlinks, light remove wheel(s) wiggle in new bar. On the H6 it may be different give the dual headers + 5EAT.

Well, I installed the fsb with the help of a friend today. The H6 headers are thicker and must be disconnected to get the old sway bar out and the new one in. Or at least it will save a lot of time.

• 1 year later...
If the stock 3.0R front bar is a 21mm and folks on here are saying the Tribeca's longer arms make it act like a 21-22mm bar. What's the point of "upgrading"? I was really excited to upgrade but if they both have the same affective width on a 3.0R, would t just make sense to upgrade the endlink sand bushings to help load it faster?

If the stock 3.0R front bar is a 21mm and folks on here are saying the Tribeca's longer arms make it act like a 21-22mm bar. What's the point of "upgrading"? I was really excited to upgrade but if they both have the same affective width on a 3.0R, would t just make sense to upgrade the endlink sand bushings to help load it faster?

The front sway on the 3.0 Legacy might be different, but the stock sway on my 3.0 Outback is 19mm. The difference after adding the 25mm Tribeca bar is night and day.

Yeah so the front 3.0R Legacy bar is confirmed 21mm. Might now need to do anything. A jump from 21-23mm isn't as big a jump from 16mm to the 20mm I'm doing in th rear. I'll just experiment with it.

Anyone here having issues with the Tribeca bar hitting the wheels on full lock?

Yeah so the front 3.0R Legacy bar is confirmed 21mm. Might now need to do anything. A jump from 21-23mm isn't as big a jump from 16mm to the 20mm I'm doing in th rear. I'll just experiment with it.

Anyone here having issues with the Tribeca bar hitting the wheels on full lock?

I have not had issues with it. Since we already spoke, you know my take on the fsb.

I didn't catch why the 25mm Tribeca bar is more like a 23mm Legacy sway bar. Why was that?

As far as thickness of bar versus stiffness, this http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Sway-Bar-Shenanigans&A=112694 suggests its a simple size^4 formula. For example, going from 16mm rear to 20mm rear is (20^4)/(16^4) = 2.4x times stiffer. On the front, going from 21mm to 23mm is (23^4)/(21^4) = 1.4x stiffer. 1.4x stiffer (i.e. 40% stiffer) would still be a significant difference, I would think.

[url=http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Sway-Bar-Shenanigans&A=112694][/url]

I didn't catch why the 25mm Tribeca bar is more like a 23mm Legacy sway bar. Why was that?

I had seen what he read a while back. People say its because of the shape and how it curves over the tie rods instead of under. Personally, I think the Tribeca FSB made a nice difference on my 3.0R.

As far as thickness of bar versus stiffness, this http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Sway-Bar-Shenanigans&A=112694 suggests its a simple size^4 formula. For example, going from 16mm rear to 20mm rear is (20^4)/(16^4) = 2.4x times stiffer. On the front, going from 21mm to 23mm is (23^4)/(21^4) = 1.4x stiffer. 1.4x stiffer (i.e. 40% stiffer) would still be a significant difference, I would think.

[url=http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Sway-Bar-Shenanigans&A=112694][/url]

Well you all have me convinced to upgrade to the Tribeca front. :) I look forward to my new gyroscopic legacy! 40% stiffer front and 140% stiffer rear. I think this is going to get fun. You all are awesome!

Archived