LegacyGT.com

2010 LGT up close

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd
IF they offered a GT with auto, it would raise the price to more than $35K. Which is probably what the 3.6 is going to cost, or $36K

I don't know, I don't think it is horrible, it just lacks character....big time. With larger wheels and lowered it will look a lot better. The interior is pretty nice...looks toyota-ish but I think the dash/center counsol looks more refined than our current model.

I hope to see it in person next week at the show..

were any of you 05 guys really planning on ditching for the 2010 if this turned out even halfway decent?

Hopefully I'm keeping my 05 for a long time to eventually become a real weekend warrior. I would have definitely bought another new LGT when the time came for a DD but now I doubt I will given the apparent new direction.

I went to the Subaru press conference this morning at NY Auto Show. They have NOT released pricing, but say they will do so soon. I'm disappointed to see that Subaru seems to be going to more of an a la carte menu with more items optional on the Legacys. (It appears that the real losers may be people who want the 2010 equivalent of the 2.5i SE, since moonroof, windshield de-icer and other such items are now extra.) With this pricing strategy, it's entirely possible that an LGT with leather and nav could reach $34K . . . or more.

Some additional details:

• LGT 0-60 acceleration "under six seconds."
  • No LGT automatic available, only 6MT. Six-speed is 50 lbs. lighter than the one in the '09.
  • There's an LGT "Premium" that doesn't include 4-way power passenger seat, auto climate control or leather. It looks like the "Premium" versions use some kind of brushed silver trim instead of the fake wood (which could be a plus).
  • Parking brake is "electronic," whatever that means.
  • Power moonroof and voice-activated GPS are optional on all LGTs.
  • Turbo is mounted below the engine and helps to lower center of gravity. Larger turbocharger increases boost and new exhaust lowers backpressure.
  • LGT tires are 225/45R18.
  • They talked about using more high-strength steel than ever before, including a new engine cradle.

I still like the new Legacy, especially the luxo interior, although the rear does have a little bit of Toyota Avalon in it. It's 3.6" wider, but the car doesn't look it. The problem may be Subaru trying to get a sport sedan and family sedan out of one body style (although that doesn't seem to be a problem for Audi). The current Legacy is really too tight in back to be a competitive family car. Subaru also has to compete against the plain vanilla Accords, Mazda 6s and Camrys. For example, they boast about "one of the largest trunks in the segment." That tells you something about target audience.

I'm an old guy of 58, so maybe I'd be more satisfied with the combo of luxury and sport that Subaru is offering in the new Legacy. I've always liked the look of the current version (that's one reason why I bought one), but the new one looks just as good to me, although different.

Now, the real travesty is the Outback (see below), which was unveiled for the first time this morning. It also has a real nice luxo interior, but the body looks like a shrunken Tribeca with touches of Forester. It's also larger than the old model. As far as I'm concerned, the Outback as we know it is dead. They're no longer offering a turbo. Engine choices are the 170hp 2.5 or the 256hp 3.6.

I've got the press materials on both Legacy and Outback, so if I can answer any questions or post additional photos, let me know.

subaruoutback.jpg.756be013a92c3af5abf3d9bd383ecb69.jpg

were any of you 05 guys really planning on ditching for the 2010 if this turned out even halfway decent?

The thought had crossed my mind! I love my leggy, but I it was recently hit while parked on the street and I had some... scandalous... thoughts while I was driving my wife's corolla and waiting for reapairs.

Thoughts of '10 STi s and '10 LGT s were dancing around in the back of my head...

When I got my car back with a new clutch, turbo and a full TBE it quickly rekindled the flames!

Now that the '10 LGT is known about and I just paid off my '05...

I'm content...

Unless, I can work a way to trade in my wife's corolla... :lol:

:lol: Oh man that hilarious. Good job killing yourself Subaru. You just lost me as a customer. The new Legacy, even in GT form looks hideous. Looks like they are trying to follow the mainstream designs from Hyundai, Honda, Nissan. It's back to the Euro market I go. I knew I should have never have left.

^ i'll bet that has them shaking in their boots :rolleyes::lol:

Oh I know they couldn't care less if they lost one customer. I just always have this sense of buyers remorse when I step on the go pedal in the Legacy. It's time to start modding and I'm sure my opinion will change. It's just the Legacy is missing those little "things" the little comforts and extras that you get from the euro market.

Archived