LegacyGT.com

2010 LGT up close

I've said it before (not on this forum) and i'll say it again:

it's rife with all the raciness that the legacy had been designed to avoid in the past, IMO.

BINGO. Looks WAY too "boy racer-ish" and like the WRX. The dash is about as confused & discordant as I've seen in awhile.

What a shame--could have been so much more & kept the understated design & deliberate avoidance of tacky "JC Whitney" design elements.

As an aside, does anyone know if it'll finally have HID lights?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went and saw the car at the NYC auto show. I see everyone's criticisms but honestly it is not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The wheel arches are not nearly as exaggerated in person as they look in to be in the pictures. The interior is nice, different certainly, but still very nice. The spokes person also mentioned that the car is only 50 pounds heavier, so although it is bigger it shouldn't be that bad all things considered.

is it just me or does the wheel size look mismatched? or is it just that they fucked up the shape of our beautiful legacy and made like one person already stated, a fat chick halfway through fat camp. No me gusta. I do not want. I'm very happy I rushed and grabbed one of the last 09 LGTs

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

Maybe SOA will read this and the 2 other threads on the 2010 Legacy and change the design for 2011. Look what they did for the B6 Tribeca. They changed practically every body panel, new headlights and a new 3.6 L engine that burns regualr gas with the same HP as the 3.0 that burned premium......Could happen.

Maybe SOA will read this and the 2 other threads on the 2010 Legacy and change the design for 2011. Look what they did for the B6 Tribeca. They changed practically every body panel, new headlights and a new 3.6 L engine that burns regualr gas with the same HP as the 3.0 that burned premium......Could happen.

They couldn't care less about what we are saying at this point. The only thing that will change their minds about the car is sales. I wouldn't expect any changes until 2012.

I went and saw the car at the NYC auto show. I see everyone's criticisms but honestly it is not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The wheel arches are not nearly as exaggerated in person as they look in to be in the pictures. The interior is nice, different certainly, but still very nice. The spokes person also mentioned that the car is only 50 pounds heavier, so although it is bigger it shouldn't be that bad all things considered.

exactly what i was gonna say!

The only things that I see that are unforgivable are the headlights (do they extend all the way to the doors!?!) and the C pillar transition. The rest is do-able. One can paint or replace the fugly wood trim.

I'll reserve judgement until I see it in person, or see the JDM version.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Hey it could be worse, it could always look like a retarded happy japanese anime transformer.....

Oh wait acura already took that look for the TL

http://image.motortrend.com/f/10373357/112_0810_19z+2009_acura_TL+rear_view.jpg

LOL

It looks MUCH MUCH worse when you actually see it in person...

I agree 100000000% That TL... and the TSX, even are fugly!

I saw a TL parked in an open garage yesterday... and I had to look hard to determine if it was the front or the back of the car!

I think it sux compared to the older ones I mean I cant argue with more power but I wonder if the turbo below the motor is suseptable to getting wet cracking etc... I think the Toyota ownership really shows in this new model and to me is disappointing

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/turntablemessiah/legacyoftravesty.jpg

:hide:

:lol:

I had the same thought. I actually would've considered a Saturn Aura, but I hated the bugeye headlights. I did consider a Pontiac G6, but it's a Pontiac! ;) And it has a cheaper interior and is not as refined as its platform mates, the Aura and the Chevy Malibu.

I am not quite sure how to say this. The new cars look like they were designed by a group of children with ZERO design / style taste. The Outback is even worse! What a bunch of nonsense. The last generation was nice because it appeared that they were not trying too hard, but just designed a decent car. This one looks like a cartoon.

Sorry, but those lame Chinese car makers have nicer designs. So did Chrysler with the last Sebring (Horrible by any standard). These new Subaru are by far the most unbalanced, unattractive cars on the market. They somehow beat Nissan this time. Very sad about this!

it's just all following the design trend of cars for the past 10 years. subaru is just late to catch up. make the car look bloated and generic.

jay leno said it the best...back in the day you could tell which car it was when you saw an american car coming down the street. now they all look the same. and the japanese are starting to follow this trend...

Hey it could be worse, it could always look like a retarded happy japanese anime transformer.....

Oh wait acura already took that look for the TL

http://image.motortrend.com/f/10373357/112_0810_19z+2009_acura_TL+rear_view.jpg

LOL

It looks MUCH MUCH worse when you actually see it in person...

You posted a pic of the prettier end of the new TL, you've got to see that big honkin' plastic "Power Plenum" grille to fully appreciate the ugliness of the car. [insert puking smiley here]

The ONE thing Acura got right is the sleek, sporty, aggressive looking headlights. Subaru should have put some of those on the new Legacy, instead of those whopping big deer in the headlights looking ones they used :eek::eek: !

i was excited to see what the '10 looked like until i saw the pics. eh. they took pieces from all the bestsellers and combined them. now i dont know what to do. i love my 05 but i was thinking maybe its time for a new one. is the 6mt some generic or is it the one out of the STI? i guess i'll wait and see it in person but it might be time to start looking for an 09 specB or WRX.

At the right price I would consider buying one. With a sportier grill, lower stance, and better rims (with a better looking offset), it would look much better. I used to think the LGT was bland, so I lowered it and thew on a front lip, and got a new grill. Done. Not to say it will be as easy with the 2010, but it has potential to look better.

Subaru screwed up the 2008 WRX, and they made up for some of that in the 2009. Perhaps the same will be true for the 2011 Legacy.

I would be afraid to buy this because it is the first year they moved the turbo... so who knows if that will spark any issues they missed. The turbo has been in the same location for a while now. I wonder what the hot pipe will look like. The air needs to travel further to get up to the TMIC from the compressor outlet.

Archived