LegacyGT.com

2010 LGT up close

I had the same thought. I actually would've considered a Saturn Aura, but I hated the bugeye headlights. I did consider a Pontiac G6, but it's a Pontiac! ;) And it has a cheaper interior and is not as refined as its platform mates, the Aura and the Chevy Malibu.

I am completely the opposite... if Saturn had brought the Aura wagon and a RWD configuration (a.k.a Vaxhaul Vectra Saloon) I would have bought it.... Really enjoy the Aura design....

Me no likey 2010 Leggy!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
after seeing the car at the auto show i definitely wouldn't even consider buying one. its too big for my needs. yes, my 08 LGT's back seat is kinda small but i don't use it anyway. the 2010 interior was a bit more comfy but the exterior styling doesn't float my boat. more power or not it has to weigh more due to the bulkier body and roomier interior.i can vision myself driving in one from the inside ut just can't vision myself actually standing outside of it.

I think I've got a good idea of how this is going to end up . . . a ton of 45-65 year old people (predominantly women) will buy the 2.5i, making the car a success. While the LGT will have very minimal sales for ~2 years and then Subaru will pull the plug on the turbo Legacy stating no one is interested. I've got $100 on that conclusion. At this point I'm doubting another Subaru will be in my future. :(

I think I've got a good idea of how this is going to end up . . . a ton of 45-65 year old people (predominantly women) will buy the 2.5i, making the car a success. While the LGT will have very minimal sales for ~2 years and then Subaru will pull the plug on the turbo Legacy stating no one is interested. I've got $100 on that conclusion. At this point I'm doubting another Subaru will be in my future. :(

Don't give up hope! By that time, the STi will be as big and bland as a current LGT!:lol:

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I had a chance to examine the 2010 LGT at NY Auto Show today. I'm sold. See photos below.

Some observations:

• The interior feels like a car that costs $10,000 more and is light years ahead of the current version. Seats are well-padded and supportive, and the center armrest is much more thickly padded and moved forward (giving great elbow rest and probably negating the need for the armrest extension option). The armrest has two levels inside: a deep box for storage and a second level -- sort of a tray, where it looks like you could store an iPod or cell phone. Perforated leather looks great, although the charcoal color seems slightly grayer than what I have on my '08 2.5i. Nice fit and finish on the dash. I could do without the fake bird's-eye maple trim. It's better than the plastic wood on the current Legacys, but it looks a little out of place on the LGT. I'd rather see some brushed aluminum or fake carbon fiber.
  • While I haven't checked the dimensions against the '09, the car looks longer and, as promised, there appears to be several inches more knee room in the rear. However, it doesn't visually appear any wider. If you look at it from the rear, the car has kind of a long and narrow look, as if the current model was simply stretched.
  • The doors close with a nice "thunk." Trunk is huge and LGT maintains dual exhausts, while the 2.5i goes to a single exhaust.
  • The exterior and interior, IMHO, look better than the factory photos. The front grille and bumper don't seem to jut out as much as the '09s and the eyebrows over the wheel arches look less pronounced in person.

They also had a 2.5i Limited there in DGM, but the seats didn't feel as good.

If this car goes, stops and handles like it should, I could see myself trading both my 2.5i and Porsche for it. I was drooling as I sat in it. I hereby take back any previous posts saying I don't really need the added power of an LGT. :)

You still wont get enough to buy it :lol:

The LGT doesnt look soo much like and Altima like the 2.5i but man Subbie went into the parts bin for this one WRX wheels that hideous shifter oh well i mena it does have 265crank hp which means with 22% loss it puts about 207 hp to the wheels that aint half bad. And all things are better in black so i would love to see a OBP

I said this once before; I'll take the engine. They can keep the chassis.

Any reason why Subaru has decided to can the current BL/BP chassis design? Any reason why they dumped the GD6/7 body design? I really hope Subaru bounces back from these bad designs. They're almost ready to be nominated for the "Fugly Car Design" award, knocking out BMW from the stand.

You still wont get enough to buy it :lol:

Subaru will have a problem with the LGT if a fully equipped vehicle stickers up to the mid $30s. At that point, you start to get into Audi and Infiniti territory. I don't believe they've announced pricing, but if you look at their new, a la carte option menu, it's clear that they plan to charge extra for content that's now bundled in the '09s.

If they can keep the NA cars at or near current pricing levels, they'll sell really well. If I could get a 2010 NA Limited for the under $23K I paid for my '08, I'd jump on it. It also depends on the state of the auto market and how much discounting is being done by the competition.

Guest heightsgtltd
I don't think thats right on prices, and even if it was correct, the option structure will increase the prices anyway

You know what's funny? I've been buying Scoobys since '85. The arguments/complaints you guys have is exactly the same as every time Subaru has released a new Legacy, Impreza or whatever. Exactly the same. But guess what? Subaru is still here. Is still a great car. I'm pretty sure it will continue to be. And if, just if, they ever make a 300+ version of the new Leggy, I'm all over it. Nuff Said.

-joe-

anyone noticed how big the headlights is?

THAT'S NOT GONNA FIT IN MY OVEN! :eek: :eek:

:dm:

Yeah, hard to miss! Contrary to what the previous poster said, that's something we never had to complain about on previous Legacy redesigns. Those headlights are hideous.

Generally, I like cars where they don't try to draw attention to a particular part of the car. If everything is proportional, the car as a whole looks good. When you try to exaggerate the proportions of certain parts, like the headlights or wheel arches on the new Legacy, I think it looks like crap.

You know what's funny? I've been buying Scoobys since '85. The arguments/complaints you guys have is exactly the same as every time Subaru has released a new Legacy, Impreza or whatever. Exactly the same. But guess what? Subaru is still here. Is still a great car. I'm pretty sure it will continue to be. And if, just if, they ever make a 300+ version of the new Leggy, I'm all over it. Nuff Said.

-joe-

Errr... Yeah, that's not true at all. No one complained said the bl/bp was ugly, decontented or increased too much in size over the BE/BH.

Although, those bl/bp introduction threads haven't disappeared from 5-6 year ago. If you want to make this claim you should at least provide links;)

Aftermarket turbo placement is gonna be interesting...if it happens at all.

Will sell well, but the small number of enthusiasts that bought a LGT or Outback XT in the past won't in the future.

A win-win for Subaru. More sales to folks that don't come in complaining about blown turbos, hehe.

Kinda a shame for me though. Back in 2004/2005, Subaru had three options for me, WRX wagon, Forester XT, and LGT wagon.

Will either downgrade to WRX wagon or more likely, head to Audi/BMW for the LGT replacement.

You can't polish a turd.

well... u can coat it in chrome and THEN polish it.

but it's still a turd, as the saying goes.

anyway it's okay. my car should last the next model cycle. maybe by then subaru will get their heads out of their asses and provide a decent car.

car for sale. PM me!

Guest heightsgtltd
Blah, blah. Same whines. You'll be talking about how wonderful it is before it's over with.

-joe-

Umm no we won't

and BTW, please show us these threads where people complained about the last gen legacy when it came out. It was a step ahead in every category (interior, power, handling, features, appearance)

Umm no we won't

and BTW, please show us these threads where people complained about the last gen legacy when it came out. It was a step ahead in every category (interior, power, handling, features, appearance)

Exactly. There is this category of parrots and "above it all" douchebags, they read that "people are always complain" bs and repeat it mindlessly...

Guest heightsgtltd

There may have been an initial negativity towards the 08 Impreza for many people and that softened a bit but that's not the same story for the last gen Legacy.

For the record, I hated the Impreza redesign then and I hate it now.

I did like the original Tribeca design...

Archived