LegacyGT.com

2010 LGT up close

Why are they making all of there cars look the same now??? That ass end looks just like the wrx. I love out tail lights why would they change them over to that fugly generic style. God damnit. This is the last subaru i will ever own

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Subaru is going to sell a ton of these, but not to any of you guys. The Legacy has gone mainstream, it looks like a Camry or a Maxima/Altima, Saturn, Hyundai. This is what America wants. It's priced right, great AWD, good handling, nice ride. For Subaru to keep you guys they've made the Impreza bigger, sportier, much closer to your Legacy. I sold my 07 LGT and bought a new Outback. It's bigger, roomier, lots of torque from the 2.5 and the CVT does a great job. I never liked the Outbacks before, but this proportions to look better than the old ones, it has more of a "Buick" look but I'm an old guy and getting close to my time for a Buick.

If I get another Subaru it will be another BL/BP, or the rumored coupe, or a next-generation Impreza or Legacy. It won't be the new Legacy or the current Impreza.

I have a love/hate relationship with Subaru styling for a long time though. I liked the last-gen Loyale, but didn't care for the 1st-gen Legacy. I still think there's a good chance that they'll make a 2012ish Impreza or 2015ish Legacy that I'll be interested in. More likely the Impreza than the Legacy - the next Legacy redesign will be ginormous by my standards.

got my new "Drive" magazine the other day and it features the 2010 Legacy and so far imo Subaru has a winner here. the car looks modern with an aggressive edge to it. check out the white one on page 10 :wub:

carry on :lol:

Stay Stock Stay Happy

got my new "Drive" magazine the other day and it features the 2010 Legacy and so far imo Subaru has a winner here. the car looks modern with an aggressive edge to it. check out the white one on page 10 :wub:

carry on :lol:

I received mine as well. Still don't like the new Legacy, but I like the article on soaring! I've taken a couple of lessons in an old Schweizer 2-33 sailplane...would love to pick it up again, once I have money again!

Our review of the new Legacy lineup was posted over the weekend:

http://www.subiesport.com/site/2009/07/2010-legacy-cvt-36r-gt/

Cheers,

R

The review was ok.

Except for the assertion that the Legacy was undesized, people were clammering for a bigger Legacy and the rear seats were undersized. It has always been sized a japanese exective sized car(ie. Skyline, Altezza etc) for its "class" and in the past 5 years from what I can find on the internet, size is no where near a top complaint for the Legacy. If size, is the only real improvement over the last generation then Subaru has a real problem on its hands.

BTW - SOA has positioned(or featured advertisements of BE against the 3 series) the Legacy in North America against the 3 series since the BE/BH. That didn't start with the BL/BP.

I'll have to mostly agree wit camber, here. While it gets tight when you have a tall person sitting behind a tall person, according to the review, I need to tell my friend who is 6'4", 250 lbs., and often sits behind me comfortably (I'm a mere 5'10"), that he is "child-sized."

That ought to go over well.

Really, the rear seat room in the BP/BL is the same as the 3-series, if not better. It's no Camry, but it really isn't positioned against the Camry/Accord/Maxima. Nor is it positioned against the Corolla/Civic. Probably the closest match is to the Altima, size and purpose-wise.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

It has always been sized a japanese exective sized car(ie. Skyline, Altezza etc)

...um the '10 is comparably sized in every dimension to the current Skyline/G3x sedan w/the exception of height.

Really, the rear seat room in the BP/BL is the same as the 3-series, if not better. It's no Camry, but it really isn't positioned against the Camry/Accord/Maxima. Nor is it positioned against the Corolla/Civic. Probably the closest match is to the Altima, size and purpose-wise.

...just a note, the Maxima isn't a Accord/Camry segment car, it hasn't been for years. The Altima represents Nissan entry into the mid-sized family sedan segment. Also, in terms of interior volume the current E9x 3-series has about the same interior volume as the current Civic.

...um the '10 is comparably sized in every dimension to the current Skyline/G3x sedan w/the exception of height.

Um.. Nope.

2010 Legacy versus 2009 G37 Sedan

Length

186.4 vs. 187.0

Width

71.7 vs. 69.8

Height

59.3 vs. 57.2

G37 is longer by half an inch but the new Legacy is 2 inches bigger in every other dimension. Also, the interior space dimensions are similar with the new Legacy having an advantage in shoulder room and rear leg room. Which is surprising because the exterior of the Legacy is much larger. However, the G37 does has 3 inches less in rear seat leg room and a much smaller trunk.

Um.. Nope.

2010 Legacy versus 2009 G37 Sedan

Length

186.4 vs. 187.0

Width

71.7 vs. 69.8

Height

59.3 vs. 57.2

...2" is not a massive difference, the difference in size (save the height) is negligible.

...just a note, the Maxima isn't a Accord/Camry segment car, it hasn't been for years. The Altima represents Nissan entry into the mid-sized family sedan segment. Also, in terms of interior volume the current E9x 3-series has about the same interior volume as the current Civic.

I agree with you, but I wouldn't exactly call the Accord/Camry "mid-sized." They are friggin' huge. They are wider and almost as long as my old '97 Dodge Intrepid, with easily the interior space. ...Which was the same size as the previous-gen BMW 7 series.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I'm getting to this thread a little late, but here are some comparison pics between the current Legacy and the '10. They speak for themselves considering the current Legacy is already a pretty big car.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5346/legacycompare1.jpg%3C/a%3Ehttp://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5346/legacycompare1.jpg

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1069/legacycompare2.jpg

...2" is not a massive difference, the difference in size (save the height) is negligible.

2 inches isn't much?

If that's the case then the old Legacy was just as good size and there is no size problem with the old model.

Or is SOA lying about all this new found room?'

You can't have it both ways;)

Drive magazine said the new Legacy is appox. 3" wider in track, wheelbase, over all length, width and height wow 3" looks huge in that pic. maybe it's camera angle?
Stay Stock Stay Happy

Drive magazine said the new Legacy is appox. 3" wider in track, wheelbase, over all length, width and height wow 3" looks huge in that pic. maybe it's camera angle?

3" in every dimension makes a HUGE difference. It's quite honestly cavernous inside compared to the 05-09's. sport sedan --> family/old timer sedan (they handle like it too) :redface:

Archived