LegacyGT.com

2010 LGT up close

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
at least we can thank Toyota: the value of 2004-2006 LGTs just went up 30%. At least.

Yes i concour, its absolutely horrible looking like you also before and you beat me to it with saying our cars will be worth worlds more thanks to this POS. Now maybe I can by that viper i've always wanted :lol:

I guess I'm in the minority. I generally really like the new design. The one major disappointment for me is that Subaru went along with the majority of Japanese car makers and went with huge ugly, bug-eyed headlights. The damn headlight goes halfway back the length of the fender! Looks like bat wings or something.

That's the one (and only) thing that Acura got right on the new TL (as well as the rest of the Acura line), the headlights are still small, thin and sexy. Of course the "power plenum" grille on the TL is so damn ugly, most people will not even realize it has headlights.

IMO a few good things and a few bad things...

The Good:

-can't tell from the pic, but if they kept the rimless windows on the doors, that's +1

I believe they now have window frames, although I honestly didn't pay attention when I was there. The reason I think there are frames is that it appears the third side window is now integrated into the rear door.

I'll also reserve judgment, but it's not looking good, lol.

Despite being RWD, it's looking like my next car might be a used G8..

If you put a high value on interiors and think the G8 is better than the new Legacy, you'll be sorely disappointed. I spent some time in the G8s yesterday -- the GXP, GT and base -- and the interiors don't even compare well with the current Legacys. There were big panel gaps and the dash was crooked, with a small gap on one side and a large one on the other. The silver-painted trim is really cheesy. The seats aren't as good as Subaru's. I keep going back to GM, hoping that they might make a car I would buy beyond the Corvette. I'm always disappointed. That company still doesn't get it.

Do I understand this correctly: This thing essentially has the 2009+ WRX engine, but the turbo has been re-positioned and now peak torque comes on at 2000 rpms and stays till 5200 rpms?

If that is true it would be cool.

So... you would need to touch her before you'd draw conclusions about her beauty? :eek::lol:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a369/imadork5/fat-brazilian-woman.jpg

Well spoken....she would be cute after a 6 month submarine cruise...kinda like the new Legacy would be sexy after driving a Hyundai for 6 months:spin:

They had to change the orientation of the battery just to get those monster headlights in :eek:

Some people were referring to engine placement in Subarus as being in "between headlights". Now that's literally true....

I spent some time in the G8s yesterday -- the GXP, GT and base -- and the interiors don't even compare well with the current Legacys. There were big panel gaps and the dash was crooked, with a small gap on one side and a large one on the other. The silver-painted trim is really cheesy. The seats aren't as good as Subaru's. I keep going back to GM, hoping that they might make a car I would buy beyond the Corvette. I'm always disappointed. That company still doesn't get it.

I don't get GM. It is so inconsistent. The new Malibu has a decent interior, yet its platform-mate, the Pontiac G6, still has a much cheaper feeling interior. It seems Pontiac seems to get the worst interiors of the bunch in the GM family.

Guest heightsgtltd
The G8 is a bit of an older design as it's based on the Holden which came out a few years back. The newest GM interiors seem to be a step forward in terms of quality

What a shame- Instead of updating the classy & understated '09 interior, Subaru went all "Fast & Furious" on us with a soon to be dated & overly swoopy/complicated and fussy mess. Looks like a damned Honda Civic instead of more upscale.

Too bad--the car had potential & then went & appealed to the 19 year olds among us.

Don't get me started on the lack of side moldings. Don't these people live in the real world? Stupid....:confused:

It is like women, how can you really draw conclusions about a woman's beauty from a mere photo. You can't - you have to see her (and feel her) in person. There are plenty of ladies, and cars for that matter, that are really underrepresented in photo and must be experienced in first person to truly appreciate their aesthetics and curves.

i'm not trying to **** it, i'm trying to drive it. and i'm also trying to drive something i can confidently say that i love to look at. (note that my perception of the automotive world only goes skin deep, as i'm sure is the same with MANY consumers looking to buy something that is meant to convey a feeling of prosperity to both the driver and the observer)

in short, i'm looking for a great looking car that i can afford to upkeep without living beyond my means. this new generation of legacy may satisfy the latter but it most definitely doesn't fit the former.

i've said it before (not on this forum) and i'll say it again:

it's rife with all the raciness that the legacy had been designed to avoid in the past, IMO.

now granted I'm not in my car right now but why is the tach on the left?? I swear in my 3.0R it's on the right. That would be hard to get used to. Other than that it just looks a bit plain to me. I guess other colors might tell a different story though.

Haven't been around Subaru long, have you?

They change FREQUENTLY.

My 09 OB2.5I has the tach on the left. My 98 Forester has the tach on the right. My old 91 and 94 Turbo Legacys had the tachs on the Left, and my 95 Legacy L on the left.

No real rhyme or reason. I thought the Indiana cars had them on the left, and the Japan cars on the right. But both of my Turbo Legacys were Japan cars, and had the tach on the left.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived