LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy Official Reveal

BernardP

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why everyone forgets how much the 05-07 LGT looked like a Camry from behind and a taurus from the front. Love my 06 LGT, but don't think it won any design awards.

This new car I like considering it as a base model. I think it has potential to look even better as a GT model. Its amazing what bigger better wheels can make. Plus, what other NEW car can you get with real AWD, this HP and a 6 speed manual. None come to mind right now, unless you get a base A4 at 31k.

I wonder how these wheels would look on it.

1256448538_Picture2.png.f1c4d373cbe711c2884ccefcc8ec1215.png

:nono:

Looks like Subaru has lost me with this new model. Time to go STI when the LGT gets to be too modded to drive everyday.

Im with you on this one, but this will be my first and last subaru.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

It looks like Subaru thought of the masses but didn't forget the enthusiasts. I hope to say well done!

First impression isn't bad...much better than the new WRX was and it grew on me. This will look good in person...I bet the LGT will be very good looking...simple mods will make it look great.

More power, sportier looking (subjective), better tires, 6spd that is lighter, better response, and they ditched the chrome strip on the rear of the concept. Probably more details to come too that will make us happy

Kudos Subaru you may have a winner here...waiting to see the LGT in person before I pass judgement.

I really wish they did a wagon I am one of the 23 that loves mine...

It looks like Subaru thought of the masses but didn't forget the enthusiasts. I hope to say well done!

First impression isn't bad...much better than the new WRX was and it grew on me. This will look good in person...I bet the LGT will be very good looking...simple mods will make it look great.

More power, sportier looking (subjective), 6spd that is lighter, better response, and they ditched the chrome strip on the rear of the concept. Probably more details to come too that will make us happy

Kudos Subaru you may have a winner here...waiting to see the LGT in person before I pass judgement.

I really wish they did a wagon I am one of the 23 that loves mine...

:stupid:

put down the bong! :spin:

This is definitely a step backwards. Still happy with my 06 and don't see anything worth noting. And I even like the current WRX/STi look which many don't. This Legacy just has an identity crisis.

+1

Bingo! I think the Legacy peaked in '06 and since '07 has progressively become more like the competition rather than emphasizing its uniqueness as a driver's car.

This could be a very good thing.

Maybe not for the people that want to move their power mods from their old LGT to the new one.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

having read through the whole thread, i must say, at this point, i am somewhat disappointed, but at the same time, i am eagerly waiting for SOJ to release their information on the Legacy. this is cause the JDM models always differ from the USDM models - unless this time (which i have forgotten or something) - the USDM models will be the same as the JDM models, which i don't think is too possible. another reason for this is due to the large Legacy Wagon market that is in Japan. moreover, it can not be neglected that even though they don't offer the legacy wagon in the states, every other place in the world - even minature hong kong SAR - will be offered the wagon. thus, i would speculate that the wagon wouldn't be dropped, its just forever more not offered in the states.

as for the base model, i actually now think having removed some of the - can i say "vulgar" parts on the concept, it does lead to possible inspiration for new ideas, but the rear end really does look crap at this point and really like a Lexus GS, upon which the Lexus GS rear end does somewhat look better in contrast. and i must say, the headlights do look really nice now, even though they are now much much more different to the USDM 05-09 design. to have a bigger nav screen and possible bluetooth, i think that is a plus too.

JDM Legacy Wagon, JDM Legacy Spec B, JDM Legacy GT version...JDM Legacy S403 (if possible) and even a Tune by STi...about time already! someone also better start modding this thing already too...=PPPPPPPP

i'm also thinking if it would end up like the current generation of the Honda Civic Type R, where the UK version looks like a Potato and first loved by jeremy clarkson but now hates it to death, while the JDM civic Type R is a 4 door sedan, which looked way better.

#3 here (I saw at least two others mention the wagon)...

I'm sure we can get 230 wagon fans just from this board.. Edmunds - you suck!

Yay! Directed at me I think! :lol::rolleyes: Pretty obvious what asshat wrote it (doesn't qualify to be called journalist with his attitude). Not surprising with his constant cheerleading for turning Subarus into mobile appliances on nasioc and recently on our board.

Anyway, since it wasn't posted in this thread. USDM Legacy is extra-wide porker for USDM market - about 1.6" wider than the car for ROW:

http://www.subaru.com.au/about-subaru/news/breaking-news/2009/04/01/stylish-liberty-for-new-york/

01 Apr 2009

Stylish Liberty for New York

Get News via RSS

The North American version of the new generation Subaru Legacy will be unveiled at the New York International Auto Show on April 9.

Known as Liberty in Australia, the refined Legacy version revealed today will be exclusively available in the United States and Canada, and will go on sale around June in those markets.

Other markets, including Australia, will share a different version of the car, based on the Japanese domestic specification vehicles.

The major difference between the U.S. produced Legacy and the Japanese-made vehicles that will come to Australia, is that the American cars are slightly wider.

However, all new generation versions are wider and longer than the current car, offering significant increases in passenger and cargo area.

Japanese domestic market versions will go on sale in Japan mid-year.

Liberty will be launched on the Australian market in September.

It will be available with a wide variety of technical innovations, including Lineartronic CVT and six-speed manual transmission options on some variants, plus the choice of a 3.6 litre six-cylinder horizontally opposed boxer engine. The car is built on an entirely new platform.

Nick Senior, Managing Director, Subaru Australia, said: “Safety, performance and style are all key ingredients in the new generation Liberty mix. Combined with the high quality engineering for which Subaru is renowned, it represents a formidable package.”

new car is BUTT

I found the 05-09's smartly styled and a little classy looking even......the new car looks BLECHH...

But the 3rd gens have grown on me...a little at least...

The 2nd gens and 4th gens are the only ones where I thought the styling was good the first time I saw them...

Went from copying BMW's 3 series interior to MB's C class.

Rear looks like honda accord, toyota camry, mitsubishi diamante, and infiniti gs all chopped up and thrown into a blender. Front, is G37, but not as aggressive.

http://i40.tinypic.com/ao45th.jpg

as for me, im really reserving final judgement until CreoSTi gets his hands on one of these, throws some insane fitment Advan RS on it and makes it something to truly lust over :spin:

Don't wait for me... I don't intend to ever buy a first model year of a newly released car. ;)

-Mike-

Ugh..even though its a base model we've all been looking at...the fact of the matter is, when we're hit with a new look..it should make us have SOME interest in the car....

for most of us it seems...there is none. I'm all about seeing one when they roll but im not impressed.

Archived