LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy Official Reveal

BernardP

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No future for me in any Subaru model. Was that a base Legacy Interior, terrible looking seat fabric.

I look forward to many miles and hopefully not too many repair bills from our 2005 LGT wagon paid for but at 62k already.

The new ones definitely will blend into parking lots more if Subaru was aiming for that. Nothing too radical just like the redesigned Forester and Impreza sedan. No worse than the 2000-2004 generation, just more room.

/subaruBuyingForMe

Alright, I realize for the most part the consensus vote would be a thumbs down on the new 2010 Legacy. That said, I thought it might be interesting to see how a GT version might look, and since I'm home sick today, I thought I'd add a little Photoshop magic and mock one up. I even took the 'Liberty', pun intended, to do a somewhat crude version of what a Pacific Blue coloured wagon would look like, although the back end is perhaps swooping down a bit to much....

/Users/willjohnson/Desktop/2010-Subaru-LegacyGT.jpg

/Users/willjohnson/Desktop/2010-Subaru-LegacyGTwagon.jpg

Alright, I realize for the most part the consensus vote would be a thumbs down on the new 2010 Legacy. That said, I thought it might be interesting to see how a GT version might look, and since I'm home sick today, I thought I'd add a little Photoshop magic and mock one up. I even took the 'Liberty', pun intended, to do a somewhat crude version of what a Pacific Blue coloured wagon would look like, although the back end is perhaps swooping down a bit to much....

Alright, photo's didn't load, let's try this...

2010-Subaru-LegacyGT.jpg.89ccd4781e09dd377ac5cbfa9282bc7a.jpg

2010-Subaru-LegacyGTwagon.jpg.00f353be14e6ce7be910a7a4762ac36f.jpg

Alright, photo's didn't load, let's try this...

I like it!

Dissapointed with the design inside and out. Just doesn't meld as well as the previous version, especially the one we get in Australia with a shorter bumper at the front. But this seems to be the trend from Subaru these days.

Front I can see:

- Infinity G series in the headlights

Side Profile:

- Side Windows are from Infinity G series. Even the Chrome is identical, or that Lexus GS crhome? Hoffmiester kink is originally from BMW which Infinity borrowed.

- Pumped wheel arches are from the Mazda 6.

- Door profile is from previous gen Audi A4.

- Door Hanldes look like they are from Lexus.

Rear

I don't know what I see here. I can't work it out, I tend to just stare at it and it makes my head hurt.

I see Kia Cerato (and therefore Citroen c5), Lexus GS and maybe some Genesis.

Yes I understand desingers borrow but I find the exterior design to be confused.

Interior looks okay, but materials look cheaper.

I'm not a fan of this. I don't understand why every single car company thinks they need to make these cars bigger. Even though its only 3 inches more the body just looks huge. Get ready for some super mega ultra body roll with that one.

When I get out of school someone better sell me their 07,08,09 spec B. :rolleyes: ....Three years from now.....

The 6 speed manual , is it the type with two overdrive gears , say 0.85 and 0.70 gears , or just more gears with a single overdrive , say 1.00 and 0.85.

For a street car ,for a 6 speed to make sense ,to me, it needs a "double overdrive" if not its not helping me.

this is disgusting

subaru has been going downhill since 2004, I feel sorry for the company and all their new products. 2004 STi and 2006 LGT were the peak of great products. Now it's all downhill.

Subaru sold its soul to Toyota - results were obvious from day 1

For full torque at 2000 RPM, I wonder if they went with a twinscroll setup with that new turbo location? Just a wild guess, but the 2 changes combined would yield results like that. Since the stroke is increased for the 2.5L, would the red line be slightly lower than previous years also?

From the photos it appears the tach goes to 8K. Maybe higher rpm???:confused:

I don't think it looks bad at all. As soon as somebody starts to modify it you all will start to like it. It was the same with the '08+ WRX/STi.

The 08wrx/STi is still ugly, lol. Even after modification/body kit/rims. Just look at the STi in the new F&F, uuuuuugly!

Archived