LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy Official Reveal

BernardP

I concure with most of you folks. I don't like it. I'm sure it will grow on me, but right now.....I'm not feeling it. The center of the dash sticks out too far and the body looks too bulky. The Photochops were awesome (great work to those who gave it a shot), but the body just looks too fat (too high, too wide, too everything). Nornally, I buy cars every other model cycle, so my next run of this would be the 2015 model. Maybe the refreshes will look better.

there will be an "sti" photoshop as well. but yes, the simple fact is that its too tall. I can fix that in photoshop but no one would ever be able to chop a few inched of the cars height :-p

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So all 23 of you out there who are fans of the Legacy GT wagon can go ahead and stop reading now.

...and I did exactly that. My beloved '05 LGT atlantic blue wagon 5MT non -limited (without hole in the roof) are not my first wagon but might be my last, unless I'll move overseas.

This news is depressing, no wagon, new disign is horrible, I would rather look at speculated pictures:

http://www.0-60mag.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/legacy1.jpg

^^ see that design would have been PERFECT for the 2010. It looks good and its a continuation of the current design.

+1 Not bad, a little EVO-ish, but one hell of a step up from looking like something that crawled out of the Black Lagoon, should submit this to Subie, and see what they say :lol:.

Out of curiosity, to all you wagon lovers (and I don't hate, I dig wagons) -- what's the difference to you between the 5door hatch (Impreza) and the wagon, or the Forester and the wagon?

To me, if I were jumping out of the sedan world for cargo/versatility, I'm pretty sure I'd beeline for the Forester.

Out of curiosity, to all you wagon lovers (and I don't hate, I dig wagons) -- what's the difference to you between the 5door hatch (Impreza) and the wagon, or the Forester and the wagon?

To me, if I were jumping out of the sedan world for cargo/versatility, I'm pretty sure I'd beeline for the Forester.

Are you kidding? Impreza and Forester are cheap econoboxes in their respective categories. Impreza hatch is very small cargo wise compared to Legacy wagon. New Forester is a boat, devoid of fun-to-drive factor completely.

the difference is my long legs ;)

Forester, no way!

Though when I saw this cool sti, I might be able to reposition the seat so I can fit in it...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h285/geeboyjibber/GRB/IMG_1148.jpg

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103264

But I'll have to haul a trailer for my stuff though... can you imagine, sti with U-haul trailer?

Are you kidding? Impreza and Forester are cheap econoboxes in their respective categories. Impreza hatch is very small cargo wise compared to Legacy wagon. New Forester is a boat, devoid of fun-to-drive factor completely.

Exactly - not enough cargo room. Although I MIGHT consider the new WRX/STI in a 3-4 years when the minivan is paid off, if the Legacy is still running (wife says: 1 car payment at time :-)

You guys said the same think about the new WRX/STi then you traded in your legacys and got a WRX/STi. You guys really overreact. It's new. It will grow on you. When see the it in person and see the improvement you will be trading in your car for one.(Just not us wagon guys ;) ) I think it has potential. If our car looks so great we would all have them bone stock, No lips , grills , rims , lowered, etc... So calm down. You are the same guys that are driving a Camry with a hood scoop. I'm just wondering which parts are interchangeable? What kind of turbo upgrades and if they reach peak torque 2000 rpms with a stock turbo, maybe I can get a 20g to spool 20psi by 2500 rpms. ;)
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Styling is conservative. A mixture of Camry and Altima with a taste of Subaru.

Waiting to see GT model.

Still think it's too small for a mid-size, but too big for a compact.

It's trying to fit the in-between a 3-series and a 5-series class.

Think Subie sould support a larger 5-series competitor & the current 3-series competitor? Who knows.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

i like the improvements on this new car. i'm sure subaru targeted some areas to improve (ie leg room back seat). it's a nice looking car. i reserve judgement until the gt model comes out.

in terms of oem looks, the 05 legacy cant be beat.

Styling is conservative. A mixture of Camry and Altima with a taste of Subaru.

Waiting to see GT model.

Still think it's too small for a mid-size, but too big for a compact.

It's trying to fit the in-between a 3-series and a 5-series class.

Think Subie sould support a larger 5-series competitor & the current 3-series competitor? Who knows.

It would be neat if they had a compact legacy and a larger legacy and just rename one liberty. The boat sedan for those who desire more space and the compact cornering demon for those who like to take corners.

Unfortunately there really isn't space in the model line up for another compact sedan. I think the impreza is the placeholder there.

Just in case anyone was wondering.....

Side by side dimentions, I'm sure we all know this stuff. But have we looked at them all together.

09 Legacy 09 Impreza 4dr

Length: 185.0 L: 180.3

Width: 68.1 W: 68.5

Height : 56.1 H: 58.1

WB: 105.1 WB: 103.1

Headroom F/R: 39.5/36.5 Head: 40.3/37.6

Leg: 44.1/33.9 Leg: 43.5/33.5

Shoulder: 54.2/53.7 Shoulder: 54.8/53.2

Pass volume: 93.5 cubic ft Pass: 94.6 cubic ft

Cargo: 11.4 cubic ft Cargo: 11.3 cubic ft

2010 Legacy Toyota Camry

L: 186.4 L: 189.22

W: 71.7 W: 71.7

H: 59.3 H: 57.7

WB: 108.3 WB: 109.3

Just more to talk about..........

the front end destroys that car. I'm sad to see that it's going to have window frames instead of the old style window/roofline seal. My car is 17 years old and it doesn't leak... Sometimes the wind noise is a bit noticeable but I like the look of the design. The interior isn't too bad, but the exterior is horrible. I'd take an '09 Legacy anyday.

And a CVT tranny? C'mon, I know if any company can make this practical it's Subaru, but I mean... I'm scared of the future! Besides, They aren't terribly efficient and they rely on friction to drive around at low RPM's... Who knows how it will hold up over the long haul. I think most peoplw will stick to the 6 speed, or just go with another brand of car... At least until CVT technology gets a little better.

The 08wrx/STi is still ugly, lol. Even after modification/body kit/rims. Just look at the STi in the new F&F, uuuuuugly!

LOL. It's people like you, that I can almost guarantee, will like it in about a year's time. :lol: Especially when you see the GT.

Sorry guys, this new one isn't too exciting. Don't even want to see that in a wagon if it were ever an option. A little more leg room for my drunk friends in the back seat and little added horsepower dont make up for the poor updated exterior and interior. Fugly

Archived