LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy Official Reveal

BernardP

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It look so much bigger, the front is ok but the real doesnt have much styling for us to see as a legacy. It'll def will need some black house headlights and CF pieces to make it look aggressive. I still like my 06 legacy better , and think of the 08-09 they look pretty good now compare to the 2010,,,lol.

Yes, very typical Subaru community responses. Last time I also jumped on the band wagon and bashed the new WRX, until I saw it in person and realized it was badass. So I'll wait till I see this in person.

I do like the front, but the back says camry/lexus way too much, not original IMO. Interior looks a bit too "boxy" for me, not as smooth as in the past. But as I stated, I won't actually make any hateful statements till I see this thing in person, especially the higher end models which I'm assuming are quite different just like every other Subaru compared to it's base model.

Either way, I'm happy with my 07', so no matter how it goes, I'll still have a car I love.

For full torque at 2000 RPM, I wonder if they went with a twinscroll setup with that new turbo location? Just a wild guess, but the 2 changes combined would yield results like that. Since the stroke is increased for the 2.5L, would the red line be slightly lower than previous years also?

Wonder if indeed the 2010 LGT is using the turbo from the S402, but different tuning.

(similarities...bump in HP, same low peek torque, 6 speed and not powered by the VF40)

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/05/subaru-legacy-sti-s402-limited-edition.html

S402 turbo...(my guess still is this could have been Subaru's way to test the '10 set up)

Subaru_Legacy_S402_14.jpg.dc95cdcebd676bf0d12fed7d37a7376f.jpg

I have an 05 manual GT, however in America to NOT offer an automatic in a performance car is a major mistake. The origional SHO , last gen Cadillac CTS etc that only offers a manual , eliminates about 80% of their market of buyers.

Lots of talk of love of manual trans cars but the buyers buy autos.

Every time I see this new car on the road, I like it more and more. Purely from a style standpoint.

Yes I know, no AWD, blah blah... but it's pretty sweet lookng.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/gireland/untitled-1.jpg

The new mazda 6 looks awesome. One was following me home last night, it looked mean in the rear-view. +1 for mazda styling.

i'm sure we'll all get used to it..but i just think it looks too much of a luxury car and it lost its sporty looks. however ill have to wait for the LGT pics, i dont think a hoodscoop will cut it to make it that much more sporty. The wider and taller dimensions make it look too heavy, almost slow looking. and CVT? personally hate it. tested on the nissans. would be nice if they made 6 sd auto for the LGT. just have to wait till i see it and drive it.

Do I like it as much as the 05 version? No.

But, it has what I want and I’m going to buy a new car over the next 3 to 12 months. My 05 is getting older and all those pesky problems that have been paid with my extended warranty are going to start coming out of pocket so a new one is in order.

For me I want AWD with a manual transmission. Last I checked I could buy a BMW that is MUCH slower and vinyl seats for 10K more. Or, a bmw (with the same vinyl seats) that is faster for $15K more. The new a4 is starting to trickle in with the 6MT but that is still $5K more and word has it the 2.0t still chatters your teeth with vibrations. A Saab? No thank you. This is still going to be the best MT AWD option out there.

Advantages:

- 6MT

- VDC

- Bigger rear seat (my kids are getting bigger)

Drawbacks:

- Yes, the dash looks like a calamity or an accordion. But so does the base Forester. Does the forester XT have a nicer gauge package?

- Cheesy styling but I haven’t ever bought a Subaru for styling alone. The LGT/OBXT has great styling and no one beyond Subaru junkies ever seemed to notice.

- Hill holder? That will take some getting used to.

- No parking brake handle to emphatically pull up when I’m done parking? More getting used to

- Dedicated summer tires. I’m used to all seasons in the summer and snows/winter for the rest of the year. Really this is just me.

Do I like it as much as the 05 version? No.

But, it has what I want and I’m going to buy a new car over the next 3 to 12 months. My 05 is getting older and all those pesky problems that have been paid with my extended warranty are going to start coming out of pocket so a new one is in order.

What pesky problems?? I thought these were problem-free cars! :redface:

What pesky problems?? I thought these were problem-free cars! :redface:

Center diff replacement

Dashboard replacement

Pedal setup replacement

Master cylinder replacement

Fuel injection set-up replacement

That's just off the top of my head.....

Outback will be the "wagon" option, I wager. Have to wait and see what that design will be like.

Well, it looks like another all new turbocharger for us to design. I wonder if they move the intercooler up front, or just stick with the current location with a long pipe up to it? Not that that is a particularly bad thing, mind.

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

Archived