LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy Official Reveal

BernardP

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just opened up this thread and I must say I am not pleased with the results. Subaru is not going to win us over with this re-design. The car does look like a Camry mixed with a little Infinity style in the front. Even though the interior is bigger the dash and rest of the inside looks out of place. I hope Subaru NA has plans to introduce a Spec B that will blow all of us away because this certainly has not. 09 WRX will get my vote if I had to choose between the 2.

The exterior isn't offensive as the concept but its no where near as nice as the bl/bp.

The interior looks flat and I wish was more driver centric. More cockpit like.

The new turbo setup and the new engine cradle sound interesting but we'll have to wait and see. A less restrictive DP could have gotten subaru most of new response gains.

Also, what does this mean for the STI's engine?

Usually, the STI leads the engine development and has a more performance advantageuous setup. I wonder if we'll see a change in the 2010 STI.

Key things from Jalopnik:

2.5 GT:

Max. output/ max. torque: 265 hp@ 5,600rpm/ 258 lb-ft.@2,000- 5,200rpm

mmm....that's torquelicious right there.

A 10-way driver's seat, with power lumber support adjustment

For the first time in the U.S. market, the six-speed manual transmission is offered with the 2.5-liter non-turbo Legacy model.

The compact design of the modified 6-speed transmission for turbo engine models is made possible by optimizing the gear layout. This unit is also more than 25 kg lighter than the previous unit. (HOLY CRAP that's alot of weight savings)

The MacPherson-type strut front suspension is mounted to the new engine cradle

A new double-wishbone rear suspension is mounted to the sub frame. All suspension links and the rear differential are also mounted to the sub frame via bushes, while the link bushes and shock absorber mounts are optimized to suit the new Legacy.

And the 2.5 turbo models are richly furnished with 18-in. alloy wheels

with 225/45R18 tires

A new electronic parking brake eliminates the traditional parking brake handle and allowsfor more storage space in the center console. An electronic Hill Holder System in the parking brake is automatically activated if the vehicle stops on any hill with a slope of more than 5%. (Boo!)

Cstefanic - Now add the 18" wheels from the new LGT, maybe lower it .5" with the LGT suspension (that thing looks tall for a "sports sedan", but fits the base model).

Add some fog lights and side mirror lights (hopefully both standard on the LGT).

And maybe black out the grille trim and trim along the windows, ALA the BMW sport package.

I'm wondering if Subaru added a thigh support extension to the new LGT seats...or adjustable bolsters or some kind.

The compact design of the modified 6-speed transmission for turbo engine models is made possible by optimizing the gear layout. This unit is also more than 25 kg lighter than the previous unit. (HOLY CRAP that's alot of weight savings)

I hope this doesn't mean this is a fork in the road for the 6MT, between the STI and the rest of the Subaru lineup.

Anyone have the curb weight of the new car?

I'm guessing it must have gone up and subaru hasn't said otherwise.

supposedly about the same weight (according to Edmunds). Hill holder, 6mt, ugly looks that pisses people off (traditional Subaru). I'm fine with it. Never bought a suby for looks. (and honestly, you guys didn't either) I wanna see the luxed-up models. The GT will be to-be-wifey's new car.

Jeebus, typical Subaru fans. Everything sucks, is terrible, and the world is ending.

Those pictures are of a base model Legacy. I think the only weird design is the headlights, which desperately need some projectors/blackening.

Other than that, the side and rear are pretty stately and nice. The rear needs the dual exhaust outlets...I'm surprised they dropped those on the base model.

As for the inside: The seats look cheap, but so do the current tan cloth base model seats. Lets see how an upper-level trim model looks.

Everything else looks pretty decent to me. Where's the complaint? What's cheap about the interior? Are those real aluminum accents, or faux? Will leather interiors get a leather covered and padded center armrest, steering wheel, and door armrest?

How about that turbocharger? 30% faster response...

Actually, I said in my first post that this appears to be the WRX engine (due to power output)....but if they moved the turbo, then we're talking about a new setup, right?

If the turbo is behind and under the engine, where's the intercooler going to be placed?

Will this have faster spool up than the new WRX?

Oh so many questions.

That article said the new

Some of us only get automatic transmissions, and it seems that the manual transmission is the only option for the GT model. If you want an H6, it only comes with automatic.

The interior is quirky just like Subarus of the past, and I assume the higher trim models will look much nicer than this base stripper model.

The new LGT is only available with the 6-speed manual (at least, that is one is written several places). I guess they want the automatic owners to get the H6? Either that or the automatic couldn't handle that low-end torque just yet.

Subaru made the new WRX lighter than the last, the new Forester pretty damn light (lighter?), and I expect the same here. Especially if they dropped 55 pounds from the 6-speed transmission.

That being said, it's longer, bigger, taller, and more powerful. Hard to do all that without adding weight somewhere.

If it's 3400-3500 pounds, I'll be happy. That'll be the lightest cars in it's class with AWD.

Cstefanic - Now add the 18" wheels from the new LGT, maybe lower it .5" with the LGT suspension (that thing looks tall for a "sports sedan", but fits the base model).

Add some fog lights and side mirror lights (hopefully both standard on the LGT).

And maybe black out the grille trim and trim along the windows, ALA the BMW sport package.

I'm wondering if Subaru added a thigh support extension to the new LGT seats...or adjustable bolsters or some kind.

add tint and a small trunk lip spoiler

Man, my PS skills were basically maxed out on what you saw, so I'll have to leave that up to someone else. Sorry!

I like the position of the shifter relevant to the driver, the armrest (useful!), but I don't like the lack of cupholders with a cover. And those gauges look more Acura than Subaru....the 2005-2006 LGT gauges are some of my favorites....

Can't wait to see a GT model in and out.

The new LGT is only available with the 6-speed manual (at least, that is one is written several places). I guess they want the automatic owners to get the H6? Either that or the automatic couldn't handle that low-end torque just yet.

Subaru made the new WRX lighter than the last, the new Forester pretty damn light (lighter?), and I expect the same here. Especially if they dropped 55 pounds from the 6-speed transmission.

That being said, it's longer, bigger, taller, and more powerful. Hard to do all that without adding weight somewhere.

If it's 3400-3500 pounds, I'll be happy. That'll be the lightest cars in it's class with AWD.

My Forester feels very light, maybe it is the steering, maybe it's the large size and the actual weight of it (I think it's ~ 3400 lbs).

The lack of a 5EAT with the new Legacy is a major disappointment, as I love the response and feel of the turbo H4 engine.

Sorry man, I wasn't requesting it of you, just mentionign what I was picturing for the GT :)

We're cool, we're cool. I just can't wait to see what people on this board do to these once they're finally out on the road. I bet we'll have 80% of that "Ugly" painted/cutout/replaced in no time!

I'll reserve final judgment until I see them in person... as I thought the new Impeza was God-awful ugly til I saw it in person and then drove one (all the way home).

I like that it has a 6sp now; that means the 2010 WRX is likely to have one, which I can then legally update my 2008 to (autox rules), unless the ratios end up really short like on the STI (not as likely). Now if I can make my clutch last that long... :)

I hope the GT model gets more agressive looks too. I'm sure it will. Heck maybe they'll give us the Legacy STI this time too... although I'm one of those 23 who wanted the wagon, so I'd go for the Outback myself.

From the pix, it looks like they genetically merged the Nissan Altima with the Honda Accord, while grafting on an existing Legacy nose, but with G35 headlights.

Rob

hmm...interesting. the lines of the car from the roof to the trunk look like a nissan. the front end still looks leggy-like, i sorta like the headlights. that automatic shifter looks like it has a manu-matic mode....there's a slot to the left that has space for moving up/down.

waiting to see real pictures (not professional ones for the company) before making my complete judgement. just looks like the current model is bloated right now.

Archived