LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy Official Reveal

BernardP

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Mazda 6 looks amazing too ... I see this new Subaru and the first thing that pops in my head is Nissan ... Hopefully they will restyle this disaster after a year because it looks horrible. Its really just the headlights ... this car would be flat out amazing if they tone them down.
I love my car ... basically.

Bye bye dual exhausts bye bye unique subaru look :confused:

look closely at the rear pictures on autoblog, theres a cutout for the second muffler on the right.

keep in mind guys, it seems like you're only looking at released pictures of the 2.5i (base model) who knows what the 2.5GT and 3.6R will have included :p

Center diff replacement

Dashboard replacement

Pedal setup replacement

Master cylinder replacement

Fuel injection set-up replacement

That's just off the top of my head.....

I hope you realize you tend to get more problems with the first year of a new design . . . same mistake twice???

Ok this is my impression ... The 05-09 Legacy GT was simply amazing because it was really the last true "drivers" sports sedan you could buy.

Look at the interior ... the control panel is now flat instead of facing the driver like it should. The seats make the car look like a boring sedan and not something more hugging of the passengers. The dash also looks a lot higher and more SUVish ... not what i want in a sports car.

IDK i just .... don't like it ...

I love my car ... basically.

I hope you realize you tend to get more problems with the first year of a new design . . . same mistake twice???

Yes, you do have a point there.

Still, with all of those problems I don't regret my current ride.

Advantage is with the new one all potential problems would be covered under warranty and my dealer was great at getting me into a Subaru loaner when the repairs were done.

look closely at the rear pictures on autoblog, theres a cutout for the second muffler on the right.

keep in mind guys, it seems like you're only looking at released pictures of the 2.5i (base model) who knows what the 2.5GT and 3.6R will have included :p

Look at a 2.5i LGT and 3.0R and please tell me that they are different as well? Once you figure out that they dont different body (minus the hood scoop for LGT SpecB) wise then why would you think the new generation would be any different?

I save my opinions for when I see one roll off the truck in person... I'm a little concerned though with the modified / lighter design of the 6mt. I wonder where the weight was taken from and if the once bullet proof 6mt is now not so tough.

Yes, you do have a point there.

Still, with all of those problems I don't regret my current ride.

Advantage is with the new one all potential problems would be covered under warranty and my dealer was great at getting me into a Subaru loaner when the repairs were done.

Very true there. I don't plan on using my LGT as a daily driver once the warranty expires. I currently don't intend on ever selling it either though.

I save my opinions for when I see one roll off the truck in person... I'm a little concerned though with the modified / lighter design of the 6mt. I wonder where the weight was taken from and if the once bullet proof 6mt is now not so tough.

That's the first thing that went through my mind too!

Bean counters just can't resist cutting a few pennies here and there, ESPECIALLY from things that are WORKING.

I.e. if the "normal" failure rate was say, 1%, and for the 6MT Subaru found it was only failing at 0.2%, then it was too beefy (i.e. they were putting too good of a transmission into the car), and they must find a cheaper model that has a 1% failure rate..

So all 23 of you out there who are fans of the Legacy GT wagon can go ahead and stop reading now.

#3 here (I saw at least two others mention the wagon)...

I'm sure we can get 230 wagon fans just from this board.. Edmunds - you suck!

Am I the only one disappointed in the 3.6 liter's power output when compared to other cars? As for the GT, here we go again with the lack of turbo options available and high priced turbos...
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Can't say I'm loving it. I don't look at it and go, damn.... gotta trade in the '05 wagon for one of these. But, I will say that the more I've looked at it today it's grown on me a bit. With the right mods: new grill, blacked out headlights, hood scoop, bigger/better rims... it could look pretty sharp. That said, if it don't come in a wagon then I wouldn't buy one.

Perhaps we'll get lucky up here in Canada though and get a wagon version?!?

Look at a 2.5i LGT and 3.0R and please tell me that they are different as well? Once you figure out that they dont different body (minus the hood scoop for LGT SpecB) wise then why would you think the new generation would be any different?

i didnt say that they'd have a different body, i just wanted to remind people that this base legacy (like the current legacy) lacks many subtle 'extras' that can change how it looks, ex: fog lights, mirror turn signals, rims, door stills, sunroof, muffler, brakes ect..

legacyback.jpg.060859b169f5384465636f1d9cf11fc6.jpg

honestly, i dont see why so many people think it's atrocious...i think it looks pretty aggressive...and AGAIN, this is the BASE model...we have yet to see what the GT comes out looking like...some good looking 18 inchers and small tweaks to the exterior can go a LONG way for the appearance of the car...we also have yet to see the more expensive interior....

as for me, im really reserving final judgement until CreoSTi gets his hands on one of these, throws some insane fitment Advan RS on it and makes it something to truly lust over :spin:

Cut and paste from other thread:

So far I see the new WRX engine/turbo and a 6-speed standard on the LGT. Me likey.

Joe

Did you miss the part that they moved the turbo to beneath that engine? What turbo will fit now? I stick with my wagon for now.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Did you miss the part that they moved the turbo to beneath that engine? What turbo will fit now? I stick with my wagon for now.

This could be a very good thing.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Archived