LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy Official Reveal

BernardP

Thinking about the turbo relocation.

If the turbo were mounted low and forward, say towards the RF of the motor, it would allow for really short primaries (equal length too) and no UP. Also since it is at the front of the motor, a FMIC is now a short run of tubing which is attractive from a production cost/simplicity perspective.

Thinking about that kinda gets me more interested in seeing the new GT.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thinking about the turbo relocation.

If the turbo were mounted low and forward, say towards the RF of the motor, it would allow for really short primaries (equal length too) and no UP. Also since it is at the front of the motor, a FMIC is now a short run of tubing which is attractive from a production cost/simplicity perspective.

Thinking about that kinda gets me more interested in seeing the new GT.

If the GT is very power mod friendly, you will see a lot of attitudes move toward the favorable.

Just like plenty have said - CamrAltimAccord - just too 'big' looking and chunky. Kinda like the previous generation Camry which was just boat-big and super fugly.

Not gonna grow on me, but that's OK, just makes my 05 wagon look less dated and unfugly. But then I don't like the Altima/Maxima (never grew on me either - too 'chunky' and bloated too) and I'm not a fan of the new TL either...

But then of course I am a wagon guy ;)

If the GT is very power mod friendly, you will see a lot of attitudes move toward the favorable.

I'd assume the new turbo is not interchangeable with current designs. Unless Impreza gets that layout (unlikely before 2013) expect none to nil turbo options for the car.

Im also curious on how they located the turbo. I have a feeling the LGT will have a twinscroll unit or a very small single scroll considering the torque peak at such low rpm. Im curious the max power this turbo is capable of.

The front end has elements of the G35/G37 (amongst other things). I'm a little disappointed in it, to be quite honest. I was hoping for something more like the Exiga. It looks too pedestrian... That's my two cents...

Call me old, but I have to honestly say, all the comments make me laugh. When the 05 Legacy came out, I heard the same comments about how the generation of Legacy before it was the pinnacle of design, and the new one was too big, too blah, too this, too that. When the previous generation of Impreza replaced the 1st Gen GC8 Impreza's, it was exactly the same deal. Forester? Same.

In fact, I can confidently say that, no matter what the design, people would be complaining about it. Looked more european? "Too Euro-design". Was smaller? "Why did they go to a smaller car? I need a larger car!". Was sportier? "It's way too sporty for a family car, I'd be embarrassed to be seen in it!" Had a full STI drivetrain but was 40k? "Wow, nice, but I cannot afford it. Too bad Subaru."

Me? I kind of like it from the photos, but those are just photos, and I don't know how good the photographer was that took them. They are also photos of a base-spec 2.5i. So I'll reserve any final opinion to actually seeing a turbo model in person, and after driving it.

Call me old, but I have to honestly say, all the comments make me laugh. When the 05 Legacy came out, I heard the same comments about how the generation of Legacy before it was the pinnacle of design, and the new one was too big, too blah, too this, too that. When the previous generation of Impreza replaced the 1st Gen GC8 Impreza's, it was exactly the same deal. Forester? Same.

In fact, I can confidently say that, no matter what the design, people would be complaining about it. Looked more european? "Too Euro-design". Was smaller? "Why did they go to a smaller car? I need a larger car!". Was sportier? "It's way too sporty for a family car, I'd be embarrassed to be seen in it!" Had a full STI drivetrain but was 40k? "Wow, nice, but I cannot afford it. Too bad Subaru."

Me? I kind of like it from the photos, but those are just photos, and I don't know how good the photographer was that took them. They are also photos of a base-spec 2.5i. So I'll reserve any final opinion to actually seeing a turbo model in person, and after driving it.

Well said!

Who said they didn't like the 05 redesign and preferred the earlier model??? :confused:

Whoever said that, had to be nuts!! (For it's time) The current Legacy design is the best since it's inception. The new looks hopeless!

The current design is based around making the car bulkier because of losing sales to the competition and that is probably the only reason the cars are set to get uglier. If Legacys sold well we'd still have a sexier design over this behemoth.

Even if I could get past not offering a wagon version, I'd turn it down because there is no automatic GT version. Yes, I've owned several MT cars but prefer an auto; just my choice and I find the 5EAT a very good version. Subaru seems to have narrowed the appeal of the Legacy GT instead of widened it. Lucky for me that I still have quite a few miles to go on my LGT wagon until I need to think about a new something.

not having the fogs up there stock wouldn't bother me- aka FMIC and custom LED fogs or somethin..

but really, the back sucks ass. Even with the dual exhaust, i hate the bumper. and the cutouts or the exhaust pipes are so tiny that I couldn't fit a classy exhaust

I hope the wagon is better, then maybe I'll get that

if not, bye bye subaru

I’m shocked that the only noticeable difference between the 2 is the number of spokes and the extra tail pipe, hood is what a GT should be.

If the fogs are integrated into the headlights like the 05 TL then that’s why the nose doesn’t change.

The very high blinker kind of negates the need for a blinker in the mirrors; the extra 3 – 5 inches in elevation would be negligible from the front.

The front is nice and well pulled, the wheels seem to not fit the style at all, and the back I do like large lights to be seen, but what about the wing?

I have been looking forward to this to replace what I have now, not a fan of the fake wood, but the radio looks much nicer.

Archived