LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy Official Reveal

BernardP

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a sad day for Subaru when all the magazines rave about Hyundai's new car and the majority Subaru's own enthusiasts as well as most magazines reviews hint to ask "when will Subaru start building the cars they used to build again?"

I bought my first WRX in 1994 and have owned turbo Imprezas and Liberties (Legacies) ever since. Every time there has been a new model launched, the same thing happens and despite technical enhancements, existing owners claim the new car is ugly, unlike the one they own.

This is no different and in a few years there will be a crew of MY10/MY11 owners asking how Subaru got it so wrong with the MY15. I'm really excited about the new turbo location, revised suspension, plus diesel and cvt options.

The Liberty (Legacy) has always just been half a dozen metres of generic car, if you want something beautiful save up for a 599GTB.

It's a sad day for Subaru when all the magazines rave about Hyundai's new car and the majority Subaru's own enthusiasts as well as most magazines reviews hint to ask "when will Subaru start building the cars they used to build again?"

I've been thinking the same thing. We are in Bizarro world now as Hyundai/Kia and Mazda are coming out with the hottest cars (or at least getting the most press) while Subaru, Toyota, and Acura has everyone saying, "What are they doing?"

They may be coming out with some cool cars but let's see how well they hold up. Mazda should do alright as they are not new to high(er) output engines, but hyundai is. I wonder how the long term reliability will be on the genisis...Dodge wasn't so sucessful with the SRT4. It was cool, but once it broke it really wasn't worth repairing...not to mention it couldn't handle much more power on the stock block.

As for Subaru and Acura....well, while Subaru is trying to go more "mainstream", I haven't a clue as to what Acura is doing with their designs....that new TL is AWEFUL!!!!! It looks like it's smiling (on both the front and rear) with those HUGE "chrome" pieces.

I just saw the new LGT at the NY auto show..I really like it. It is completely different from our cars, but it is a big step forward in interior refinement, the interior is much nicer than I have seen in any Subaru. The exterior looks pretty bad, the wheel arches are HUGE..but I think a nice set of larger wheels and a drop will make a huge difference. i also popped the hood and took a look, I was a little surprised that I could not find the turbo, it must resided somewhere under the car..the TMIC looked about the same size, maybe a little bit bigger.

I just saw the new LGT at the NY auto show..I really like it. It is completely different from our cars, but it is a big step forward in interior refinement, the interior is much nicer than I have seen in any Subaru. The exterior looks pretty bad, the wheel arches are HUGE..but I think a nice set of larger wheels and a drop will make a huge difference. i also popped the hood and took a look, I was a little surprised that I could not find the turbo, it must resided somewhere under the car..the TMIC looked about the same size, maybe a little bit bigger.

TMIC really does look bigger and the turbo is now mounted underneath the car right next to the exhaust manifold/headers.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/04/car_photo_258126_25_450op.jpg

Here is the new speed6. Looks like a nice alternative.

^ JDM, your not going to see it here.

Back to the 2010 Legacy...

As much as i hate to say, even though most of us "enthusiasts" find it unappealing, it really will probably satisfy the masses.

I mean c'mon, what percent of Legacy's (all models) do you see that have enthusiasts behind the wheel. Most have more conservative consumers driving, who have families or are grown up. This will satisfy the "modern" consumer who complained about leg room, and features like navi, back up cameras, and bluetooth. Suzy and Tom with 2 kids won't care about folding mirrors or things like that, certainly won't be a deal breaker like people on here do.

In Subaru's eyes, they still have the STi or WRX to tailor to the "enthusiasts", and in this crappy market they need to sell cars, or the brand may cease to exist at all.

That being said, I don't hate the 2010... I was hoping it would be a little more appealing in all honestly, but it's not god awful. I reserve my final opinion until I see one in person. :D

As much as i hate to say, even though most of us "enthusiasts" find it unappealing, it really will probably satisfy the masses.

I mean c'mon, what percent of Legacy's (all models) do you see that have enthusiasts behind the wheel. Most have more conservative consumers driving, who have families or are grown up. This will satisfy the "modern" consumer who complained about leg room, and features like navi, back up cameras, and bluetooth. Suzy and Tom with 2 kids won't care about folding mirrors or things like that, certainly won't be a deal breaker like people on here do.

In Subaru's eyes, they still have the STi or WRX to tailor to the "enthusiasts", and in this crappy market they need to sell cars, or the brand may cease to exist at all.

That being said, I don't hate the 2010... I was hoping it would be a little more appealing in all honestly, but it's not god awful. I reserve my final opinion until I see one in person. :D

My sentiments exactly. Well said BigInALegacy!

Well said indeed. I did post that I'm not a fan, and most of the folks who are have bashed people like me for saying so. But you made a very fair and eloquent point.

So as long as my 05 survives, I'll be happy driving it - knowing that there's no new wagons and that it still looks good and unique and sedan owners can be happy they don't feel the need to trade up to an MY10.

Besides I can't afford to start modding a whole new car ;)

Yes, suzy and tom won't care about the folding mirrors until they lose one of them backing out of their garage or while parking on a street. :lol:

I do get what you're saying though. It will be a good fit for the majority of the buyers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I hope the next gen Legacy changes the appearance back to the 05-09 models... Something similar anyway. i'm lookin towards one in the future (LGT) and i would be sadly disappointed if I couldnt get a new one that looks good... Suppose I could go with used, but by that time, all the used ones are gonna have hella miles on them and wear'n'tear.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived