LegacyGT.com

$340 XO2 Racing FMIC install pictures(56k beware)

itsme

well it's know that a fmic makes more power then tmic. FMIC have less pressure drop than tmic. It doesn't have the same heat soak problem. I have seen about 20+whp with fmic over tmic setups.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thank you all for your info about the core and bad weather.

i would rather lose the fogs than the bumper beam, anyway.

so the HID's spread out light well? with foglights I'm not looking for them to project out in front of the car (though the spill does help fill in the lower area of the low beams). they have been most helpful to me in lighting up the road around the outside corners of the car. meaning, when sitting in the driver's seat the road area to the left/right in front of the front driver's side corner of the car gets illuminated allowing me to see the edges of the road better. same for the passenger side except my angle isn't as nice so the extra spill off to the side helps. i've been trying to think of a way to fit something more shallow in the leftover housing area. trying to find some sort of LED that has a lense to allow the light to focus somewhat and not just spread. is there any chance you could take a closer picture of where the foglight used to be (i guess from in front of the car, through the hole in the bumper, unless you see a better angle to show how the pipes interfere with that area)

fog lights purpose is to shine the ground right infront of u.. the reason y u probably see it off to the sides a little more is because the fogs are also projector... if you have a HID kit 8000k or lower... u will be fine... only bad thing is if you live anywhere it snows.... visibility is TERRIBLE...

well it's know that a fmic makes more power then tmic. FMIC have less pressure drop than tmic. It doesn't have the same heat soak problem. I have seen about 20+whp with fmic over tmic setups.

Here is my road dyno of my basic stage 2 setup with the Xo2 FMIC..yes, i love showing it off. :)

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/littlebluegt/SpecB3rd.jpg

fog lights purpose is to shine the ground right infront of u.. the reason y u probably see it off to the sides a little more is because the fogs are also projector... if you have a HID kit 8000k or lower... u will be fine... only bad thing is if you live anywhere it snows.... visibility is TERRIBLE...

whats the point of HIDs then? the snow is when the foglights have helped me the most. followed by one night driving home from work that i thought i was in a cloud.

the ground in front of my car is lit up by the low beams. there might be a small space of dimmer light but for the most part it is filled. the foglight splash adds to that dimmer light area. plus the head lights light up the road ahead of you so you know what is coming anyway, why do you need to see immediately in front of the car? anyway this is not the topic at hand....

sorry to go OT.

so if you wanted to, could the engine cover go back on? just curious.

Here is my road dyno of my basic stage 2 setup with the Xo2 FMIC..yes, i love showing it off. :)

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/littlebluegt/SpecB3rd.jpg

which turbo were u runnin again with those numbers?? do u have a graph maybe without the FMIC so we can maybe compare??

Stock Turbo..

Xo2 FMIC

Invidia DP

K&N Typhoon

X02 Mid and Y pipes

Borla Mufflers

Gutted stock Up

MickeyD OS tune

I never graphed my Perrin TMIC log..I will dig it out and post a graph, the FMIC made and mickeyD tune made a very significant difference over the Perrin TMIC and TDC Email tune.

I used Airboys interpolation sheet to estimate WHP...based off of your logs, it measures time and distance covered to estimate WHP. It takes into account the wieght of the vehicle, the wheel and tire size and the the aerodynamic coifficiency to come up with the estimate. The only thing that will skew the number is if you cheat (do a WOT run downhill) or input the wrong wheel/tire size or wieght of the car...all of these variables effect the results. Assuming it is used correctly, it is pretty accurate and consistant.

I have never dyno'd the car so who knows if it is close, but most people (who have actually dyno'd theirs and used the sheet) say it is pretty comparable to Dynojet (+ or - 5%).

Check this link..there is a ton of other Road dyno data that demonstrates what other setups put down. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91718&highlight=turbo+data

No, that is WHP.

Very nice #'s BTW

Thank you..to be honest, that was my best run ever. All my other runs are about 10-12 peak HP less. The point really is..the FMIC makes a difference, even on the stock turbo.

Agreed, Here is my set up

stock turbo

Stock airbox

Stock cbe

x02 FMIC

Hks catless up

x02 catless dp

spec stg2+ clutch

spec LWF

TA E-tune

I got 266AWHP and 311AWTQ

With the E-tune and the FMIC i knocked off .3 seconds in the 1/4 mile and gained around an extra 3MPH in my trap speed from cobb ots maps and the stock TMIC.

With the addtion of the x02 mid and y pipe still with stock mufflers and an updated map i was up to 278AWHP and 321AWTQ. Have not been to the track yet...

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/kevkel50/dynosheetsuny.jpg

+1, thats about as much as you could squeeze out of the vf40..Kevkel and i are putting down basically the same power. He could probably get a little more out of it with a CBE (EDIT NM, just read his post)..

My tune is on 93 octane..

i was always wonderin about the aem and xo2... is it the CAI?? i heard it fits but i wanted to hear from someone that actually did it... how much are u guys boosting?? i only put 230'swhp and 270'swtq... stock boost though... 14.5.. with my vf52 i think imma run 17-18psi...

The vf52 will definately put down a lot more..especially if you upgrade injectors/pump. that is a great turbo.

yea.. i heard both sides of that though.... seems like everyone agreed on one thing though... to really unlock the potential of vf52 u gotta go e85... i am doing injectors... 740cc/255lph... the highest vf52 graph ive seen is 315whp, 360wtq i think??? i forgot.. but i guess thats no injectors no pump and duty cycle of 95%.. yea.. dangerous...

Archived