LegacyGT.com

$340 XO2 Racing FMIC install pictures(56k beware)

itsme

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am thining of just painting the inside (where the fogs were) and the piping all black...the piping leading to the IC stands out down there.

I will try to get some pics of my 2.5i fog lamp covers, they really cleaned that look up.

I tried as well on my 2007. Air pump, battery, and possibly coolant tank are blocking the piping route.

Clears coolant tank and battery on my 05, tight but it clears everything. I can't picture the air pump but the IC tube routes between the oil filler tube and battery.

FWIW, just go with the 9" core. Less hacking, just a slight trim on the backside if the bumper beam.

Nice man! i like this setup how long did it take you to do all of this?

Thanks . Really not very long. After I tried to install most of the WRX kit, found that all the pipes fit our cars. The only thing that didn't fit were the turbo outlet and the throttle body inlet. I came up with the flange for the turbo and changed the pipe for the inlet. It took me about 2 or 3 hours to fab.

Just to update how the 9" core works with my 20g w ewg. I'm hitting @20.5 psi at @3300rpms and holds @19.7 psi till 7000rpms. I'm making about 340whp on 91 cali pump gas.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any word on exactly what is need to get this installed on an 08? I've searched but wasn't able to come up with much.

I never tried to install the kit on a car with an air pump like the '08. So I don't know.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Any word on exactly what is need to get this installed on an 08? I've searched but wasn't able to come up with much.

your answer lies on pages two or three of this very thread you posted in. pretty sure the 08's are set up like the 07's.... (air pump, battery placement)

just read through this thread, seems like a steal of a deal for a FMIC. my only concern would be me trying to use it in new england with our salty winters. i wonder how rust does on these things? is it the same material as their catbacks (seen it mentioned they tend to rust a bit)? that and i like having foglights...still not ready to give those up....they've actually been pretty useful for me.

do you know what your WHP would have been like with a TMIC? or infamous if he had the same setup previous to the FMIC conversion. it seems like you (itsme) upgraded turbo and EWG at the same time as the FMIC install. just curious as to how much it can really help.

your answer lies on pages two or three of this very thread you posted in. pretty sure the 08's are set up like the 07's.... (air pump, battery placement)

just read through this thread, seems like a steal of a deal for a FMIC. my only concern would be me trying to use it in new england with our salty winters. i wonder how rust does on these things? is it the same material as their catbacks (seen it mentioned they tend to rust a bit)? that and i like having foglights...still not ready to give those up....they've actually been pretty useful for me.

do you know what your WHP would have been like with a TMIC? or infamous if he had the same setup previous to the FMIC conversion. it seems like you (itsme) upgraded turbo and EWG at the same time as the FMIC install. just curious as to how much it can really help.

To answer your questions. The whole kit is aluminum and not the same stuff the exhaust is made out of. So I don't know what could make it rust. No one has ever reported rust.

Most that make a big deal about the fogs have no problem with the other kits getting rid of the bumper beam. I'm keep my 5mph beam over IMHO poor foglight. With other kits a minor bump in a parking lot can leave you stranded with a busted fmic. Your car won't drive with a busted core. With the money I saved I got HIDs(that do alot more then factory fogs) and a turbo. But, to each it own.

I had my fmic on for over a year with no problem. I did not add my 20g till much later. With my stock turbo, k&n tyyphoon intake, and stg 2 3 inch tbe w/ hi flow catt and 3 mufflers. I hit 18.5 psi @ 2800 rpms and made 277whp on 91 cali pump gas. With my 20g I hit @20psi at @ 3400rpms and holds 20psi all the way to 7000rpms and made 340whp. On e85 I made 371whp. I'm running the smaller 20g with the 2.4 inlet and 7cm hotside. The ewg helps me hold boost. I can post the graphs when I get home. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

I love my X02, holding up well with this harsh winter. Everything is aluminum, so no rust issues. It's just a shame the beautifully polished IC assembly gets pelted with road salt and rocks.

+1 with mine..everything looks good after 1 winter.

honestly i think for the price difference this kit is WELL worth it... and thats y ive decided i wanted to get this one as well.... any suggestions on cheapest place to buy??

xo2 should be the only place you can get it. I sold the kit to them.

i saw the kit on ebay... 2 different sellers had it... are these fake then??

No, X02 sells on e-bay. FWIW, go with the 9" core and you can keep the bumper beam. A small notch on the bottom, both sides and it fits right back on there. Any strength lost notching them should be OK since you have that big core out front to absorb impact. Just a theory.

Fog lights...., dump em and go with a 4300 hid kit. My hid's perform so well I could not tell when the fog lights were on.

To answer your questions. The whole kit is aluminum and not the same stuff the exhaust is made out of. So I don't know what could make it rust. No one has ever reported rust.

Most that make a big deal about the fogs have no problem with the other kits getting rid of the bumper beam. I'm keep my 5mph beam over IMHO poor foglight. With other kits a minor bump in a parking lot can leave you stranded with a busted fmic. Your car won't drive with a busted core. With the money I saved I got HIDs(that do alot more then factory fogs) and a turbo. But, to each it own.

I had my fmic on for over a year with no problem. I did not add my 20g till much later. With my stock turbo, k&n tyyphoon intake, and stg 2 3 inch tbe w/ hi flow catt and 3 mufflers. I hit 18.5 psi @ 2800 rpms and made 277whp on 91 cali pump gas. With my 20g I hit @20psi at @ 3400rpms and holds 20psi all the way to 7000rpms and made 340whp. On e85 I made 371whp. I'm running the smaller 20g with the 2.4 inlet and 7cm hotside. The ewg helps me hold boost. I can post the graphs when I get home. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

thank you all for your info about the core and bad weather.

i would rather lose the fogs than the bumper beam, anyway.

so the HID's spread out light well? with foglights I'm not looking for them to project out in front of the car (though the spill does help fill in the lower area of the low beams). they have been most helpful to me in lighting up the road around the outside corners of the car. meaning, when sitting in the driver's seat the road area to the left/right in front of the front driver's side corner of the car gets illuminated allowing me to see the edges of the road better. same for the passenger side except my angle isn't as nice so the extra spill off to the side helps. i've been trying to think of a way to fit something more shallow in the leftover housing area. trying to find some sort of LED that has a lense to allow the light to focus somewhat and not just spread. is there any chance you could take a closer picture of where the foglight used to be (i guess from in front of the car, through the hole in the bumper, unless you see a better angle to show how the pipes interfere with that area)

I was more asking what your WHP was BEFORE the FMIC. So on "stock turbo, k&n tyyphoon intake, and stg 2 3 inch tbe w/ hi flow catt and 3 mufflers" with a TMIC what kind of power were you making before the FMIC?

oh, and are you able to fit the engine cover back on?

thanks for the info.

Cooling Radiator: Are there any issues under hard driving with the radiator having trouble keeping up because the FMIC is now there? I'm sure you guys would have piped up. I'm thinking of at the track when you're basically full throttle for 20 or 30 minutes straight (other than when you're braking ;-)

Also curious about:

- Before and after HP

- Before and after spool

thank you all for your info about the core and bad weather.

i would rather lose the fogs than the bumper beam, anyway.

so the HID's spread out light well? with foglights I'm not looking for them to project out in front of the car (though the spill does help fill in the lower area of the low beams). they have been most helpful to me in lighting up the road around the outside corners of the car. meaning, when sitting in the driver's seat the road area to the left/right in front of the front driver's side corner of the car gets illuminated allowing me to see the edges of the road better. same for the passenger side except my angle isn't as nice so the extra spill off to the side helps. i've been trying to think of a way to fit something more shallow in the leftover housing area. trying to find some sort of LED that has a lense to allow the light to focus somewhat and not just spread. is there any chance you could take a closer picture of where the foglight used to be (i guess from in front of the car, through the hole in the bumper, unless you see a better angle to show how the pipes interfere with that area)

I was more asking what your WHP was BEFORE the FMIC. So on "stock turbo, k&n tyyphoon intake, and stg 2 3 inch tbe w/ hi flow catt and 3 mufflers" with a TMIC what kind of power were you making before the FMIC?

oh, and are you able to fit the engine cover back on?

thanks for the info.

Yea... the projectors do a really good job spreading out the light.... but if u do too high temp like 10000k or 12000k probably won't be as bright as u like... but would look really nice :)

Archived