lossol

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy new year!

Good news! I got confirmation today that my connectors are shipping. This means I will attempt to ship beta units as a "plug-in" configuration type.

These connectors I speak of mate with both the trip computer and the trip computer wiring harness. Lets hope they arrive fast so we can get these beta units out and tested.

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

Whoa, Here is the very first 'beta' "GTBoost Digital" !!!

The final configuration will have a slightly different look, however the concept is the same.

I have acquired the mating connector to the trip computer as well as the oem harness connector. This allows for a nice plug in solution.

The pressure sensor for the boost gauge sits on the back of the PCB board. On the front of the board are some switches for configuration of the gauge. Also on the front of the board is a beeper for alarming at a set boost which is configurable by performing the following:

-Set trip computer to display temperature.

-With the driver's door open, double click trip select button on gauge cluster.

-Gauge will beep for 1 sec. when the setup is activated and 0 will display on the trip computer.

-Press the trip select button to increase the max boost alarm set point. (1 PSI resolution) Max set point is 20 PSI. If you pass the desired set point, keep clicking the set point will reset to zero after you exceed 20.

Don't be tempted to hold down the trip select button to increase the set point faster, this will still reset you trip computer millage.

-When you have selected the set point you want simple close the driver's door. The set point is now stored in memory.

video showing setting max boost alarm: (posted earlier) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIe1twPujEw]YouTube - GTBoost Digital programing[/ame]

So it will be a little while before they are available for regular sale. First I need to get several ready for beta testing. Beta testers have already been selected. I will be providing you guys with a coupon code to order the beta unit from the http://www.gtboostgauge.com website.

DSC03684.thumb.jpg.bfcaee7d1060b03e461539f8c09dd660.jpg

DSC03689.thumb.jpg.49551cc8c8ab1198ab39eb208b789c07.jpg

DSC03691.thumb.jpg.2cc4fb35a2244bff7ddabfc7eaa6fc24.jpg

DSC03693.thumb.jpg.92ec1c0042cff0f1536e97a683b083b9.jpg

Nice, can't wait til they are available!

But they are available Spartan. Check out his website you too can have one for introductory price of ...

$1,065.00

:lol:

looking forward to this going beyond beta testing. Brilliant work Lossol. We are in the presence of greatness.

-tim

i've figured out how to get the boost gauge in the factory nav gauges. Replacing the dumb throttle position gauge. Give me a month or so to get a prototype going. I found this while exploring how to get rid of the nav agreement screen.....

Vwown3d, Very looking forward to that info!

I have been looking at the 05-06 wiring diagrams, it is not clear to me how info is going to the NAV unit. I think it may be on the low speed CAN bus directly linked to the Body Integrated Unit. However there is a chance for the 05-06 that is same serial data that the trip computer uses, if I actually had an 06 with NAV I would be tearing apart my dash right now! For now...:iam: