lossol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gd ideal. You sure o cant make the limit higher. I have my 20g hitting around 21lbs . So I wont be able to see if I overboost. If you need a higher boost range tester let me know.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

So it's been a while since the last post but don't be worried GTboost digital is still in the works. Although I don't expect them to be for sale until Jan 09. I'm struggling with a good way to hook them up.

The data line needs to be interrupted, so without a mating connector...that means cutting a wire. I'm trying to design a solution around this, or find the mating connector from some distributer.

Testing kinda of came to a stand-still while my own connector got worn our from many numerous disconnects. Although I have been in touch with some other on the forum and they are helping me out with new terminals!

Many have been asking about a higher max pressure capability. I'm working on this as well and expect to have this improved beyond the current 22 PSI max.

Some have also been wondering about a 2007+ solution. I hope to be working on that in 2009 as well. The product would actually be a clock replacement, still maintaining clock capability of course, but adding other functionality including boost pressure. Think of it as a LCD that would replace the clock display...the options then for additional functionality could be endless.

Love the feedback! keep it coming.

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

One thing I really like about BMWs is that there is a button on the stalk to toggle the multifunction display. The Legacy has a washer mist button on the stalk. Would it be possible to build a board that can intercept the signal coming from the mist button and do this:

1. If there is a short press on the mist button, toggle the multifunction display

2. If there is a long press on the mist button, mist as normal.

3. ?

I was wondering if there is a way to use something like the info cluster relocation kit to add this type of functionality to those of use with factory navigation systems? Not sure if this would be feasible but just a thought.

Quite a few people have been asking about a 2007+ solution.

Because the 2007 trip computer is integrated into the gauge cluster It's not as easy to replace the data stream with boost data. From what I have been researching it seems it is a can protocol direct to the gauge cluster that contains all gauge cluster information. Although it's probably possible, the risk of screwing something up is much bigger.

However 2007 still have a clock. What about replacing that PCB board with this one? You see what I'm getting at? Look at the pic. Dual OLED Displays with boost info, time info, temp info? jeeze I don't know the possibility's are endless really. It's a thought. Then all the 07+ guys could have a nice solution.

DSC03404.thumb.jpg.1ae9270c20cd50c890a341564071d6c1.jpg

I was hoping you'd come up with something like this (similar to the one I shared with you earlier that was made for the Forester).

Something like this could be a solution for all years but the 05 guys would have to keep their original plugged in so the airbag light wouldn't come on...

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't work for 07+ spec B's. We do not have the clock except for the one on our nav. Which makes me wonder...what was the outcome of the Nav temp readings?

Quite a few people have been asking about a 2007+ solution.

Because the 2007 trip computer is integrated into the gauge cluster It's not as easy to replace the data stream with boost data. From what I have been researching it seems it is a can protocol direct to the gauge cluster that contains all gauge cluster information. Although it's probably possible, the risk of screwing something up is much bigger.

However 2007 still have a clock. What about replacing that PCB board with this one? You see what I'm getting at? Look at the pic. Dual OLED Displays with boost info, time info, temp info? jeeze I don't know the possibility's are endless really. It's a thought. Then all the 07+ guys could have a nice solution.

True, The guys without clock are left out of this one.

Nothing has been tested with a navigation system yet. It may work for the older navigation system, however the navigation system may get the data via another method (not the serial line from the gauge cluster, maybe directly off the can bus)

for now...:iam:

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since the last update:

Good news! I have found and will be receiving sample connectors for both male and female sides. This means there will be a "no cutting" installation method for the GTBoost digital gauge.

I have been riding around with the prototype in my car for almost a month now, still works great, with no software issues cropping up. I choose to display Boost pressure in the instant MPG data slot, and choose not to view vac. Most of the time it reads "---" or course until you boost and it reads boost pressure. I'm really enjoying this unique little mod.

Hopefully this will work in the 2005 cars. I expect to be contacting beta testers in early to mid Jan 2009

Many have been asking about price, It's not official, however i expect it should be less than 90 bucks.

Happy holidays

It's been a while since the last update:

Good news! I have found and will be receiving sample connectors for both male and female sides. This means there will be a "no cutting" installation method for the GTBoost digital gauge.

I have been riding around with the prototype in my car for almost a month now, still works great, with no software issues cropping up. I choose to display Boost pressure in the instant MPG data slot, and choose not to view vac. Most of the time it reads "---" or course until you boost and it reads boost pressure. I'm really enjoying this unique little mod.

Hopefully this will work in the 2005 cars. I expect to be contacting beta testers in early to mid Jan 2009

Many have been asking about price, It's not official, however i expect it should be less than 90 bucks.

Happy holidays

that's great I also have bigger injectors so the instant doesn't work anyway.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

... Many have been asking about a higher max pressure capability. I'm working on this as well and expect to have this improved beyond the current 22 PSI max...

Hi Andy,

I use this GM 3-Bar MAP on my turbo Buick:

http://www.casperselectronics.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CEI&Product_Code=107109&Category_Code=8687OEM

It works well and can be located in the engine bay to broaden installation options.

Bill

Wow 3 bar is around 43.5 psi! Thanks for the link. I have a sensor in mind similar to the mpx4250 currently used. I like the idea of broadening installation options. There may even be a wireless version in the future, that would get rid of the need to run vac hose through the firewall.