Turn your trip computer into a boost gauge

lossol

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The max boost alarm goes to 21 before cycling back to 0.

One cool feature I discovered is that the Peak Hold value in the the mpg and temp displays is held no matter what you have displayed on the computer. So if you've got it on the miles left in the tank display and hit boost, you've got a few seconds to cycle to temp or mpg and you can see your previous peak boost.

Yeah i have noticed my self doing the same thing after accelerating hard.

Update: I got a call from my connector source today and they will be shipping connectors and terminals to me next week. I also have new production PCBs on order.

This production units should be available to the masses by early Feb.

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

Awesome. And thanks to DIJ for the initial beta test feedback. Everything is looking great.

BTW - If you haven't done so already, just a reminder to get your site vendor status in place before you go on production. Don't want that to hold up getting this to those of us who want to buy it when it's ready.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

3 out of 3 beta testers say it's good to go for the 2005s - Thanks to the beta testers for checking that out.

When can I order?

Not for a few weeks, however I think i may assemble a few more beta units and put them up on the website, first come first serve.

I'm struggling with wire info for the 05-06 NAV unit. Anyone have useful info, does anyone know what happens to the trip harness when you have navigation, does it plug into the navigation unit?

basically if we could find a wiring diagram that shows the same serial lines going into the nav unit then we could probably put boost data on the nav unit too.

Anybody have a nav unit in their 05 or 06 that could track some wires down?

What about you car pc guys?

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

OK, this is bugging me.

manuel = someone's name

manual = of or done with the hands; of a machine or device worked by hand, not automatically or electronically

Cheers!

Thanks, Goneskiian - drives me nuts, too. It seems like "manual" is just one of those words alot of us have a mental block with... LOL ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I just read through all 11 pages, and need some Cliff notes or something.

Does this display boost only in the form of an LED, or does it also have a numerical value displayed at the same time?

I have an 05 LGT, do I just need to buy the gauge, or do I need the additional sensors and connectors offered on the OP's website?

Thanks in advance

The original gauge is a row of LEDs. The new one is a numeric display that works with the display by the clock.

You can use one or the other or both.

You'll need to buy some vacuum hose to run a line to the engine bay and a t fitting or two.

AFAIK know the original one doesn't come with the factory connectors and needs to be spliced, and the new one comes with the connectors. The splicing is easy.

Install was straight forward between the instructions included and also the knowledge on this forum. Unit came as described, well assembled. IT is cool being able to glance over and see what kind of boost my Turbo is spooling. Sourcing tubing and t-joint (I went with a Y connector) was the hardest part. Well that and routing the tube through the firewall and finding the tube on the other side. So, the GTBoost gauge itself is plug and play and is very sweet, running hoses takes a bit of work, work well worth while.

Thanks Lossol.

-tim