LegacyGT.com

Mod Pics

Arith

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
- Prova SI-Drive Dial Cap

- Prova Fly-By-Wire Throttle Controller

What are those two items? I've never heard of them.

Agreed - I would love to see pics of these installed! All the pics I've seen are just of the item, so it's hard to judge what it'll look like in the car(especially the SI-Drive cap).

Agreed - I would love to see pics of these installed! All the pics I've seen are just of the item, so it's hard to judge what it'll look like in the car(especially the SI-Drive cap).

I know the Fly by wire helps correct the delay on the tps and the drive by wire I have seen the unite before. I can not remember where I saw it though. it allows u to adjust ur sensitivity

What are those two items? I've never heard of them.

Like K2 Gear, Prova is a JDM company that produces a lot of Subaru products.

The SI-Drive dial cap is simply a replacement to the plain plastic SI dial on the center console. Just a bit of bling more than anything else :):

http://www.jprova.co.jp/products/accesories/4e3ukb0000000ihx-img/4e3ukb0000000k0u.jpg

The fly-by-wire throttle controller is simply an module that allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the electronic throttle body. As great as a tune is to fix response and the delay, I still want to retain some sort of control of the throttle response, depending on my mood.

Most modern throttle controllers have preset levels that you can select from. However if you like the setting between two presets, you're out of luck. The great thing about the Prova one is that it's a dial so you can just 'dial' in the level of sensitivity, depending on what your mood is. I usually adjust it to half way, which provides a more gas pedal. So instead of having to step the gas pedal down half way to get the turbo to kick in, you need only press the pedal about 10%. Great for street driving fun!

http://www.jprova.co.jp/products/electronics/u3eqp3000000qmte-img/u3eqp3000000qwxn.jpg

The throttle controller is currently hidden in the coin holder. I'll take some pics of both over the weekend to post up.

I still want to see a picture of the SI-drive installed in the car - it's hard to tell from the picture just how big it is (the stock knob is really small, and the Prova one looks huge.

I would like to know where you got each mod and possibly some help in purchasing a few. I love the wheels but my LGT is a 2005 model. Would those wheels fit?

They do for all STi's that were release for the D-series in MY07 (MY08 for America).

Haha. Really? That's actually a cost saving thing by Subaru Australia. The additional reflectors were not required for the Australia market, so instead of issuing a new rear bumper without them, they just covered them up with the plastic vents. They only cost like $15 for a pair so that would definintely be a cheap and easy mod if you're not fancy to the reflectors (otherwise just smoke tint them which is what I would do).

EDIT - I just found out the vents will NOT fit the USDM Legacy as the bumper configuration is different. Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up.

Sorry no. But at least the liner is grey and not tan/taupe so it's not as offensive.

Fair enough. It's just that internal parts don't make for very purdy pictures. :) But I have dabbled in performance and suspension as well. It's not all one-sided. I've copied over the mod list I posted on my intro page. I have pictures for each mod so let me know if you're interested in seeing any.

Modifications

Accessories

- Subaru USDM center & side cargo nets

- Zero/Sports carbon fiber engine cover set

- Zero/Sports Special Edition blue radiator caps

- Zero/Sports Special Edition blue oil cap

Audio

- JBL 12" Subwoofer

- Focal Solid 1 600W amplifier

- Dynamat lining

Braking

- Brembo calipers (4-pot, 2-pot)

- Cusco cyclinder brake stopper

- Dixcel slotted rotors (front & rear)

- Dixcel Z-Series Pads (front)

- Dixcel M-Series Pads (rear)

- STi stainless steel brake lines

Engine

- AVO Turbo Inlet Pipe

- Blitz carbon suction intake kit

- C&V Performance custom tune

- Go Fast Bits Respons blow-off valve

- GReddy Front Mount Kit

- HKS EVC Boost Controller

- HKS Twin Spark Ignition Amplifier

- Phat Performance custom piping

- Prova air intake guide

- SARD fuel pump

- Stainless Steel Braided turbo oil supply line

- Subaru IHI VF52 Turbo

- Zero/Sports Cool Action II

- Zero/Sports Cool Radiator

Exhaust

- K2 Gear Twin Pipe Center

- K2 Gear Titanium Exhaust Tips

- Phat Performance mufflers

- Phat Performance dump pipe

Exterior

- Delta Speed rear bumper lower lip

- Delta Speed side skirts

- Headlight Armor taillight tint overlay (30%)

- K2 Gear eyelids

- K2 Gear rear window spoiler

- K2 Gear Carbon Fiber Subaru trunk badge

- Liberal vented front fenders

- Painted taillight chrome strip

- STi chrome badge

- STi deck lid spoiler

- Subaru GT front bumper conversion

- Subaru JDM Legacy badge in shadow chrome

- Zero/Sports front lip

- Zero/Sports mesh grille

Interior

- Blitz Cabin Air Filter

- Corazon Sliding Arm center Console

- Momo Carbon Fiber Trim shift knob

- STi carbon fiber mirror shield cover

- STi sill plate covers

- Subaru JDM coin holder

- Subaru JDM clear door light lens

Lighting

- MiTek 6000K HID Bulbs

- LED Foglights

- Liberal LED Interior Dome Light

- Liberal LED parkers

- LED replacement for brakes/reverse

- LED strips at the trunk, licenase plate, and side doors

Suspension

- Cusco lower brace

- Cusco heavy duty rear sway bar mounts

- J-Speed control arm bushings

- STi front strut tower brace

- STi lower strut brace

- STi lateral links

- Tein Type Flex coilovers

- Whiteline swaybars (front & rear)

- Zero/Sports roll centre adjustors

Wheels

- Advan Connoisseur 151C wheels (19x8.5)

- Marangoni Mythos tires (225/35-19)

- KITS 10mm spacer kit (rear)

- STi security charcoal wheel nuts

Sorry about the lack of updates and pics. But most of the recent mods have all been 'behind the scenes' mods that are out of visible sight so I really can't post any pics:

- Blitz Cabin Air Filter

- Go Fast Bits Respons Blow-Off Valve

-

Whats the benefit of the Blitz cabin air filter?

I have a GFB BOV on mine but it looks different to yours, i think the have the hybrid one. How do you find the sound of it?

Also your carbon fiber cover for your Blitz induction kit, is that a one off custom made piece or can it be bought somewhere?

Lovin' your car BTW!

Folks, give me some time to take and post up the pics. It's been very busy here. :)

I would like to know where you got each mod and possibly some help in purchasing a few.

I have various sources for parts. My main one is a friend who is a major importer of JDM parts and accessories for Australian retailers and tuners. Not only that, but he's installed all the parts I've bought because the guy's an expert on anything Legacy (as well as anything JDM). He currently supplies most of us on the Liberty.Asn.Au forum.

When I need smaller items that I don't want to bother him with, it's JapanParts.Com and eBay. :) And I got the VF52 from an online shop in Florida at a pretty good price.

I love the wheels but my LGT is a 2005 model. Would those wheels fit?

Sure. MY04-MY09 Legacy's all have 5x100 PCD. You'd just need to roll the guards.

Whats the benefit of the Blitz cabin air filter?

It's washable! Instead of having to throw it out, you need only wash the filter and it's good to go until next interval. And I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect, but it does filter out smelly smells better than the OEM one.

I have a GFB BOV on mine but it looks different to yours, i think the have the hybrid one. How do you find the sound of it?

I used to have the Hybrid GT one as well. The newer Respons model is exactly the same thing, only you can twist it on the fly to adjust the amount of air into the atmosphere. So instead of only 3 options (full plumb, half, and full atmo) and having to remove and install the trumpet or plug, you need only twist the dial at top to adjust it. Plus you can adjust it to any level you want (I prefer the noise level in between full plumb and half atmo).

Also your carbon fiber cover for your Blitz induction kit, is that a one off custom made piece or can it be bought somewhere?

The CF cover comes with the Blitz induciton kit, which is why the induction kit is so expensive. But for me it's worth it because I don't get hassled by the police because the law here states that the air filter must be physically seperated from the engine bay (anyone running a pod filter without a cover is doing it illegally). However I'm not sure if you can buy it seperately though.

a lot to pay for the carbon on top of the filter i'd say

But ahh, but it's just more than a cover top. It's actually a 1-piece formed CF 3-sided box that covers the entire filter (except for the front and sides), along with the induction, to separate it from the engine bay. Not only does this prevent the filter from catching fire (don't ask me, that's the reason the law makers say the filter has to be separated from the engine bay), but it's not sucking in hot air from the engine bay.

Yes, it's certainly quite pricey, especially considering AVO and HKS have their own filter box cover. But it's pretty much a bling factor. Zero/Sports has a CF top cover but that's only for the factory air box and panel filter.

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/parts/Intake_Blitz4.jpg

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/parts/Intake_Blitz5.jpg

Here is a pic of the Focal amplifier and the single 12" subwoofer. Nothing fancy but it's quite effective and I still retain good trunk space for carrying stuff.

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/parts/Focal_Amp-01.jpg

The JDM clear/white lens cover for the door instead of that insidious red. A subtle mod that only a particular owner would know about). I'll need to hook up lights in it one day so run alongside the LED strip in the map pocket.

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/parts/JDM_Clear_Lens-01.jpg

The Prova throttle controller, neatly hidden inside the JDM coin holder. Not sure if the US models gets a coin holder or a fuse box cover, but the Australian model gets a fuse cover. Unfortunately I got to make use of the coin holder for about 2 days as I had to make room for the throttle controller.

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/parts/Prova_Throttle-01.jpg

Picture of the engine bay with the blue Zero/Sports anniversary radiator and oil caps. Much better than that horrible green IMO.

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/parts/ZeroSports_RadCaps-01.jpg

And lastly, the Prova SI dial cap. At first, I thought it was a replacement dial for the center console. Then when I got it, I finally realised it was a metal cap that sits over the existing dial! D'oh! That's alright, didn't want any prying or removing. Just fit over top and it's done. And yes, before anyone quips up, the car's an auto ok! Shut up already! :rolleyes: Although it's slightly bigger than the factory one, the cap matches nicely with the silver knobs of the head unit, and it feels more solid when I switch between modes. It probably matches better with the MY10 model as there's a chrome trim surrounding the dial, but it looks alright here.

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/parts/Prova_STi_Cap-01.jpg

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/parts/Prova_STi_Cap-02.jpg

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/parts/Prova_STi_Cap-03.jpg

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/parts/Prova_STi_Cap-04.jpg

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/parts/Prova_STi_Cap-05.jpg

Btw I spoke with my friend, Michael (who goes by Phat GT on the Liberty.Asn.Au forum), who orders all my parts for me, and he said he'd be willing to deal with and ship with anyone from the US.

Michael is equivalent to a distributor of JDM parts to Australia, and can get practically any part that comes out of Japan. From small items to large items, he can get it all. Even if you can't figure out what the brand or name of it is, just send him a picture and he can research who makes it (ie- my Liberal front fenders!). He said it's actually cheaper for him to ship to the US as well, so there's a huge advantage there! His prices are very very reasonable, and he's able to usually do very cut prices for shipping, without having to resort to shipping by boat.

For anyone who's interested, email him at: forumparts@gmail.com

Thanks for the pics, Arith, very clean all the way around! I love that engine bay cover! :wub:

I'm liking that Prova SI cover - looks very nice installed. Might have to make that my next upgrade.

Wow. Just Wow.

I do like the Prova SI controller wheel. That has to feel more substantial in the hand. Not that I spend much time out of S#, but you have to deal with that selector pretty much every time you start the car, so...

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I do like the Prova SI controller wheel. That has to feel more substantial in the hand.

The fact that you don't have to scrunch your fingers to turn the knob feels great! Feels solid and robust. And the tracks along the side of the knob ensures so slippage. A highly recommened bling mod if one can afford it. :)

Man that's one sexy car!

You've probably already said this before, but what ic are you using? Your engine looks incredible with all that cf!

Also, how much was the prova si drive cap (you can tell me in australian dollars...I can convert)?

How much have you spent in mods so far?

Archived