LegacyGT.com

Mod Pics

Arith

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have driver's side electric, but not for passenger's side.

Keep in mind Australia drives on the other side of the road so the side you're looking at is the passenger side. :)

But yeah, all about cutting costs to reduce the market price. Like the plastic vent covers for the rear bumper rather than actual lights or reflectors.

Been through this entire thread and I haven't seen a single picture of a moderator. WTF?!?!?

Uh-oh. Did I do something wrong that needs reporting?

• 1 month later...

Subscribed!

This car honestly got me excited about the Legacy's and got me to purchase mine!

Now, with that said, I have two questions about it....first, what are the two things on the front bumper that look like led light strips (and I may have answered the question with that last bit)? Then, on the bumper, what did you have to do to remove the post in the center of the front air dam? When those are in, it really blocks a lot of the intercooler (and airflow I'd imagine as well)...and I think the front mounts look weird with that piece in. So was that easily removed?

what are the two things on the front bumper that look like led light strips (and I may have answered the question with that last bit)?

LOL! Yup, 6-LED foglights bought off eBay. I wasn't happy with the placement of the factory fogs, and HID foglights would have been a bit overkill. So I just went with a more subtle route.

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/parts/Foglights_LED2.jpg

...what did you have to do to remove the post in the center of the front air dam? So was that easily removed?

While the front bumper was off the car during the FMIC install, the middle support bar was cut and removed. It's just flexible plastic just like the rest of the bumper so cutting it wasn't difficult, and you just need to trim/sand the edges afterwards. Because the front bumper is quite flexible, I'm guessing it's there to prevent the bottom middle from sagging. But since I have the stiff fiberglass Zero/Sports lower lip there, it actually acts as a reinforcement for the middle.

how in christ's name do you get that shine out of the paint? thats incredible

tone mapping.

Like here, for example. The truck was FILTHY.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs223.snc1/7018_131051897988_639642988_2551892_4093007_n.jpg

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

tone mapping.
how in christ's name do you get that shine out of the paint? thats incredible

LOL! If only that were true. But those who know me in person know I have a horrible obsession with maintaining cleanliness of the car. Yup, full of 'pride in the ride', so I keep it nice and clean 24/7. :lol: Plus I may add contrast to my pics, but Tangcla avoids any post processing work. So what you see is what you get when it comes to all his pictures. ;)

do you have any videos?

Sorry, no. I only have exhaust video clips. But the car is quite ordinary driving down the street so I'm sure any footage of a Legacy is same same.

Do you drive that car to your gigs? What do your clients think?

LOL! Not sure what you're getting at here. I'm an IT nerd with a family. :)

Archived