LegacyGT.com

Mod Pics

Arith

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh noes! 5EATme FTL!!:spin:

Heh-heh. I know. I guess the only things I have left to take comfort in is:

1. The type of transmission does not effect how it looks.

2. Subaru's 5EAT is quite good, and I'm having a total blast driving it

3. The car can whoop the ass of 97% of all the manuals on the Australian roads

3. The car can whoop the ass of 97% of all the manuals on the Australian roads

not only that but I find that the more stock looking LGTs like mine often surprise people when they just try to cut in front of you at a redlight or want to get into a gap before you close it. sleeper ftw.

I :wub: my 5EAT.. and I'm not afraid to say it.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Colored plates are big over here as one can pick between white, black, gold, yellow, silver, blue, purple, red, and green. It's a huge money maker for the government because you have to pay an annual fee to continue keeping the custom plate.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/myrta/myplates/carsandtrucks.html

I'm sure once US Road Authorities realize the cash potential, they may get into it. Then again there's only 5 states here in Australia compared to 50 in the US so it might be harder to distinguish the plates between states.

I honestly think that i have heard of a state doing it before. The sold black ones to support the DARE program (anti drug and alchohol to kids)

Yeah, PA where I live. Then the dumb ass dmv stopped the cool plates (Black background white lettering and red higlights on the DARE logo) b/c "too many drug dealers were using the plates". I call b/s on that, I think they stopped making them b/c 80% of enthusiasts had the plate and probably got pulled over for shenanigans more often than some d.b. driving a minivan. Even if the enthusiast had a joint on them, dui(if they were also a d.b.), or underage hookers in the car I still don't believe the reasoning for discontinuing the plates as the still make a plate with the DARE symbol with the stock color plates.

If they really want to make a solid effort to pull in money for the program then charge 500 bucks for the plate, hell Ill buy one and Im sure some punk kid that likes to cut people off cant afford one. Shit charge a cool grand, afterall look at the auctioning price for some UK plates.

If you can't tell I am not one of the more fortunate ones to have purchased the plates before the end, this was b/c I chose ZTEROIDZ as my vanity on my z31 at the time....the car sits and has no steroids.

• 2 weeks later...
How much you pay for your Blitz Carbon Suction kit?

The Blitz kit was a whoppin' $1,400 AUD. But that was months ago. With the poor Australian dollar I'm probably looking at over $2,000 AUD these days. But with the American dollar isn't too bad with the Japanese yen so it shouldn't be that bad.

Archived