LegacyGT.com

Info on Outback MR Coilovers

jazzymt

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im going to have to side w/ Paul on this one. Sometimes people on this board are ridiculous. Shit brakes on cars, they dont last forever, it will get dealt with but sometimes it takes time. Your car isnt going to fall into pieces, it will just ride like shit until you get it sorted out... Hes clearly trying, I would be more frustrated at MR than Paul if i was you. Woosah Woosah

+1

If Paul says, he is taking care of, that means he is taking care of it.

No questions asked . He is your man.

I have been in sales my whole working life. Both working for someone else and also with my own business. One of the things all those years have taught me is that sometimes no matter what you do or say, the customer will not be happy. I simply requested a picture as a way of expediting a warranty claim. That was done as a courtesy to the customer so he didn't have to remove the parts from his car and send them in. 2 weeks pass before I receive the requested pictures to pass on to the manufacturer. I receive them right before the 4th of July weekend so a few days pass before I am able to send them in.

I think my track record for taking care of customer concerns can speak for itself. I have sold plenty of product on this forum and at my affliated brink and mortar business with a great history of customer satisfaction. Many of those products have been Megan Racing products. While no manufacturer is perfect I will say that MR has not given me or my customers any significant trouble when it comes to warranty claims. They certainly have been as accommodating or more accommodating than other companies I have dealt with.

I appreciate all the past, present and future support that I have received from the members of LGT.com.

Boostjunkie has helped me with every little thing i've perceived as a problem with the MR's. I've had Bilsteins blow on me and had to take the strut assembly to the distributor to get a verdict on whether to replace them or not. Be glad he didnt have you do that.

While I can understand frustration regarding delayed resolution to an issue with an expensive part, there is still no reason to be uncivil.

Agreed, I don't think Boostjunkie was the one who was out of line at all from reading the PM trail

One thing that really complicates things is that these are, for the most part, daily-driven cars. Aftermarket parts can fail, just like OEM parts, but not being able to bring it in to the local MR "dealership" means that you have to wait longer and go through more back-and-forth to get the issue resolved. A lot of times, a person cannot afford the downtime on their vehicle which will escalate the urgency until the person is at their boiling point. I find in most cases a phone call does 1000x better than an email, PM, or post in keeping both parties calm and respectful of each other.

Two great guys here (from what I've observed since 1/06), I'm sure they can work it out amicably.

One thing that really complicates things is that these are, for the most part, daily-driven cars. Aftermarket parts can fail, just like OEM parts, but not being able to bring it in to the local MR "dealership" means that you have to wait longer and go through more back-and-forth to get the issue resolved. A lot of times, a person cannot afford the downtime on their vehicle which will escalate the urgency until the person is at their boiling point. I find in most cases a phone call does 1000x better than an email, PM, or post in keeping both parties calm and respectful of each other.

Two great guys here (from what I've observed since 1/06), I'm sure they can work it out amicably.

I'm not sure OEM issues get resolved any quicker. You have been to a car dealership b4, right? Make a warranty claim on a car if you want to see a dealer get creative in making excuses on why it's not a warranty issue. :lol:

So far my MR coilovers have been good. I have done 2 track events, an auto-x and rally-x with them. The rears have developed a loud squeek when I go over bumps though. It started about 6 months ago and they seem to be getting worse. I have contacted Paul to see if he has any advise.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

I trust paul to resolve this issue, but personally I wouldn't run any MR mechanical parts, frankly if someone else made a quad-tip exhaust i wouldn't have bought the megan. when the company started, they were known for shitty quality products and i don't see things being much different now.

i'm not sure that there is any grease inside a shock. I rebuild mx susupension, and that surely does not make me an expert in any way on auto suspension, but shocks will generally be filled with oil/gas and or a mixture. Not grease. is that grease from somewhere else?? My megans have top damping adjust only as well. so this is for outback?

Jazzy, I share your frustration with Boostjunkie.

I have a problem with frozen front coilover. I contacted Boostjunkie to resolve the problem. He was helpful whenever he responded unfortunately he would respond on average once a week. I was patient with him considering it is summer and holidays. So I waited and we had this month long conversation eventually we agreed on the replacement parts I needed and the price.

I sent a payment to him on July 8th through PayPal but have not heard back from him since then.

No money, no shock, no Boostjunkie ....

I PMed him, emailed ,but seems like everything went into the black hole.

Does anyone know what happened to Paul?

I can't believe he would ditch this forum like that.

Well - just when I thought things couldn't get worse...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/JazzyMT/IMG_7726_web.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/JazzyMT/IMG_7727_web.jpg

I was driving home from work today - driving down the dirt road to my house and I hear a *bang*. I think, "hrm...that was kinda loud" - drive on for a few more feet and "bangity bang bang bang" - "uh oh...that doesn't sound good."

So, I get out and see this - the front driver side coilover busted off just below the top-hat. The threaded stud is still in it - the rest is crammed into the wheel well. I'll take more pictures of the carnage later - for now, I'm trying to find all the pieces of my old shocks so I can keep driving my car...

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Your car isnt going to fall into pieces, it will just ride like shit until you get it sorted out... Hes clearly trying

eerie prophecy

...that really blows Jazzy, glad you weren't injured.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

Yea - I was driving home with a friend too - he's staying at my house this week while we wait for some parts to fix his 96 Outback...now we're both carless since I couldn't find my top spring perch for one of the shocks (I couldn't make this crap up if I tried). I have a 40 minute commute too - very lucky it happened on the 0.5 miles of dirt road at 10mph and not the other 35 miles of +65mph highway & interstate I drive. So I called my other bud that helped me put them on to see if the missing stock part was in his garage & he was shocked - I drove him around for lunch today & he commented it could have killed us both if it had happened at the wrong time while we were driving around in city traffic.

So - I guess I'll be buying a new *stock* spring perch from Subaru tomorrow...hopefully they have them on hand. :(

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

oh damn! at least i knew when to replace them cheap MR coilovers when i first realized that it has issues.

6months in, noises in the front, my friend Jeff who drove a GC8 with MR coilovers, who also used to work for MR said that its just the pillowball mount, and noises are normal for coilovers.(which i found out later that all my other friend's coilover didnt have any noises [buddy club, JIC, Tein...etc]

Then at the 8-9months mark, I start getting a lot of noises from the rear, and for some reason, the rear adjusting knobs are not only not adjusting right, it also wont stay on. So i kept them in the glove box, and only use it when i need to adjust, then i just used L wrench.

11 Month mark, seem something was wrong with the bumpstop and the rear left strut was basically not functional. I thought something was loose, I check out all the threads, even had the alignment guy Cyrus @ JC Auto check it out, and everything was fine, so i had a friend drive the car while i was in the back and turns out the whole thing is moving and making noise internally, and the shock was basically done for. For the money, I wouldn't bother getting it fixed and deal with it again in the long run. I paid 900 installed, for the amount of time I've had it, not worth it at all. All went down the drain, I thought I do the suspension mods before stage II, if I was to reverse, I could have got way better options than back then.

Bilstein/RS*R is my current setup.

Wow, did something happen? I'm starting to see threads talking about MR quality. Up, coil-overs, etc,,,,, MR was always said to be of a higher quaility. Unlike alot of other products that are out there. Paul is a good guy and he will make it right. Too bad KW doesn't make a coil-over for OB. I have had my kw's for about a year with no problem. Good luck
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Wow, did something happen? I'm starting to see threads talking about MR quality. Up, coil-overs, etc,,,,, MR was always said to be of a higher quality. Unlike alot of other products that are out there. Paul is a good guy and he will make it right. Too bad KW doesn't make a coil-over for OB. I have had my kw's for about a year with no problem. Good luck

don't know who said that, but in other circles its known to be iffy if not poor.

(this is all hearsay so don't take it as fact. just browsing thru different forums, experiences from friends, etc)

Archived