LegacyGT.com

Info on Outback MR Coilovers

jazzymt

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

i have not heard back from Paul on my PM's either. Definately not feeling the love right now and I cant stand the way the front end of my car handles the bumps. I think I am going to raise the rears and put my OEM fronts back on. Of course I have to pay another $180 for an alignment if I go this route.

Paul...are you monitoring this thread? Are you out of business? Can we get a contact from MR directly?

I've decided to remove my MRs.

I did find a slightly loose lockring on it, so I was super fopeful it was the cause of the knock, but sadly it was not. I've noticed the side that knocks goes through the compresion stroke faster than the other side. For example, I go over a speed bump, and on the downside of it, the right side drops faster than the left. And then, knock, it bottoms out. I know it's bottoming out since there is a harsh abrupt stop in the suspension travel. Meanwhile the lesft side is working as it should, even though the left side is leaking way more grease. I can't believe how much grease has come out of that thing!!! Mabe the grease is being used as bottom out protection :lol:, and once the grease is gone it will start bottoming like the right one.

As a daily driver, the MRs are not the right choice either. I have to go so slow over speed bumps, that people behind me get frustrated and go around me while I'm crawling over the bumps.

Good bye MRs, hello worn out OEM stuff. I'm done with them.

Yet another once respected vendor gone AWOL? Suspension components are a critical safety feature on a car, when problems like the above are posted and the vendor mysteriously disappears, one can only wonder what the heck is going on.

Last Activity: 10-12-2008 08:04 PM

huuuuum

Well paul got back with me about sending them in which I didn't want to. So I asked if I could buy new dampers and send mine in. He said yes so I sent PM about buying fronts first. Well that was last week. Heck I am trying to purchase them and its usually at least 3-7 days before I get a message back. Anyway still haven't heard back on where to pay and how long it will take to get them. I am not against these at all for all those running the megans I feel we must have received some defective ones. There are tons of cars running some sort of megans with no problems.

I've decided to remove my MRs.

I did find a slightly loose lockring on it, so I was super fopeful it was the cause of the knock, but sadly it was not. I've noticed the side that knocks goes through the compresion stroke faster than the other side. For example, I go over a speed bump, and on the downside of it, the right side drops faster than the left. And then, knock, it bottoms out. I know it's bottoming out since there is a harsh abrupt stop in the suspension travel. Meanwhile the lesft side is working as it should, even though the left side is leaking way more grease. I can't believe how much grease has come out of that thing!!! Mabe the grease is being used as bottom out protection :lol:, and once the grease is gone it will start bottoming like the right one.

mine did the bottoming out on the right side since day one: on stock suspension, k-sport coilovers, and on bilsteins with pinks. Also it seems that the car like to lean to the left.

I have to ask, are most of the problems people are experiencing from the first or second batch of MR Outback coilovers?

i bought mine in Oct 07, not sure which batch. Does anubody have a contact for megan racing directly?

thanks. Does anybody know the name of the company that Boostjunkie is running these sales through? MR will want that when I contact them directly.

I did get this back when sending him a PM:

Boostjunkie has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

thanks. Does anybody know the name of the company that Boostjunkie is running these sales through? MR will want that when I contact them directly.

I did get this back when sending him a PM:

Boostjunkie has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Let us know what you find out, and tell them you are the first in a line of calls :lol:

I have to ask, are most of the problems people are experiencing from the first or second batch of MR Outback coilovers?

I bought mine from vel0mac on this site, he purchased them in the second batch (around June 07) and ran them 1500 miles. I purchased them from him put them on in sept 07 and I started having the problem with the clunking in May 08. Mine were about 11 months old when the problem started and since I kept driving it I bet my warranty is out the window not to mention the fact that I purchased them used/new. :redface:

A good company would honour it though. I mean what set of shocks goes out in 11 months let alone a couple of years.

I mean if I have to buy replacement dampers and they are not covered, Id be out the initial cost plus the 375-400 for dampers and now you are getting into the price of the more expensive coilovers. Lucky for me I only paid 625 for mine with 1500 miles on them.

Last Activity: 10-12-2008 08:04 PM

huuuuum

Interesting so he had activity on the 12th and the last PM I received from him was on:

10-09-2008, 03:28 PM

So he has been on the site but not answering PM's

My response to his 10-09-2008 PM was on

10-10-2008, 03:26 PM

Well I hope he answers soon, before I have jazzymats problems

Cleared some PM space out. I apologize if you sent a message that bounced. I honestly haven't been on LGT.com nearly as much as I used to, heck my wife logs in more often that I do to check up on the SoCal folks, which is why my account shows activity when I personally haven't been on.

Anyways, for anyone who has had any issues with the OB coilovers who hasn't been able to get a hold of me, please shoot me a PM and I'll help you get whatever issues you have resolved.

Cleared some PM space out. I apologize if you sent a message that bounced. I honestly haven't been on LGT.com nearly as much as I used to, heck my wife logs in more often that I do to check up on the SoCal folks, which is why my account shows activity when I personally haven't been on.

Anyways, for anyone who has had any issues with the OB coilovers who hasn't been able to get a hold of me, please shoot me a PM and I'll help you get whatever issues you have resolved.

PM sent

I fixed my clunking last night.

Here's what I did:

1. jack up the car

2. remove wheels

3. remove MR coil overs

4. replace with OEM stuff

5. put wheels back on and enjoy

My knocking was getting worse day by day, and I decided I didn't want to get stranded on the side of the road.

I'll probably call MR directly and see what they say. Now I'll at least be able to send it in too.

Archived