LegacyGT.com

Gas Prices...what's your breaking point?

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Easy now.........

No problem cruising @ 72mph getting 32mpg with the SZ55.

Calculated or on skewed trip computer due to larger injectors? :lol:

No way stock LGT gets 28 mpg @ 80 mph. No effin way, unless you go downhill and with tail wind.

30 mile trip to work is KILLLLLING ME! If I piss off every single person on the road behind me and take 1 hour to drive home I can get 29-30 mpg average. My top speed the whole way is about 47 mph haha. 5th gear at 1800 RPM's is about the best gas mileage I can get.

That's all, I avg. 24mpg on my 100 mile round trip to work. It take me 50 to 60 min. to get to work. 0nly 40% is innerstate highway.The other 60% is rural highway, with small town every 5 to 7miles. Slowing down to 30 & 45mph. I fill-up twice a wk.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

These mileage numbers are all over the map :confused:. I thought it was pretty clear the trip computers are worthless. Mine reads 24.9 to 25.9 average which is easy driving on a 80/20 hwy/non hwy commute. My calculations are running 22 average pretty consistently. Where's my Turbonator?

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

I checked mine. It's with in, less then 1 mpg.

And a note to the APv2 user's. I drop my shift light to 4k. Help me to keep the rpm's down. The STi 6MT is really close togother the first 3 gears. It's nothing to shift above 5k, it happens so quickly. If I shift at or before 4k for 1 hole tank. I seen 26.5mpg, that's not fun as letting her Rev.:cool:

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

not hitting boost. on average its around 28-30. interstate going 70 ~ 35 with a semi....

not hitting boost in 2.5i? that's kinda expected...

^ How do you drive? That's pretty impressive. 08 is geared differently which helps with the economy, but I don't tell us you drive 80 mph.

I'm curious if folks are dividing their ranges properly. Unless you're running your tank dry you shouldn't be dividing by 16.9 gallons. Am I Mr. Obvious?

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

I'm the one gettin my granny on around town :lol: I havent topped 60 in weeks.. its killing me.

I use the trip comptuer, I dont care if its a little off. If I want to get a different reading I generally subtract the miles driven from the gallons put back into the car when I fill up every time. Its been close enough to the trip meter that I dont care to verify it anymore. The BEST I seem to be able to do with city driving is 22.9, it balances "on the edge of a knife.. sway but a little and it will.."well you get the idea. accelerating too hard makes it drop rapidly. (too hard as in.. 2500 rpm vs 2k rpm.. I feel like a slave to my info center. :( )

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

A lawmaker says U.S. taxpayers are being bilked to the tune of millions of dollars by a biofuel subsidy that helps to lower gas prices in Europe, and he's leading the charge to close the apparent loophole.

The scam is known as “splash and dash.” It stems from an existing $1 subsidy for every gallon of biodiesel fuel blended with regular diesel in the United States.

“Taxpayers should be outraged because they are subsidizing foreign consumers of biodiesel,” said Shadegg (R-AZ). “That is insane, and it’s a ridiculous burden to put on American taxpayers.”

Full story and details:

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_frien...366601,00.html

A lawmaker says U.S. taxpayers are being bilked to the tune of millions of dollars by a biofuel subsidy that helps to lower gas prices in Europe, and he's leading the charge to close the apparent loophole.

The scam is known as “splash and dash.” It stems from an existing $1 subsidy for every gallon of biodiesel fuel blended with regular diesel in the United States.

“Taxpayers should be outraged because they are subsidizing foreign consumers of biodiesel,” said Shadegg (R-AZ). “That is insane, and it’s a ridiculous burden to put on American taxpayers.”

Full story and details:

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_frien...366601,00.html

Bullshit :lol:

Xenophobia at its best :rolleyes:

Bullshit :lol:

Xenophobia at its best :rolleyes:

^^+1

We are getting so much crap stories out there now its not even funny. The real reasons for high oil prices are pretty simple but nobody wants to believe it. It has to be something more sinister, something more complicated and there has to be a scape goat, preferably somebody non-American so we can vent:rolleyes:

The way these stories come out its like how the scam artist came out when Bush announced the rebate checks.

what's to wtf about that? its a piggyback ECU like jetchips or bullydog or.. name your company here. Except its focus is E85 retuning.

FOOD based ethanol is NOT the solution however.......

ya know I saw a news article the other day about microbes that can eat waste and produce oil. If they could make that work, we could solve all our oil problems and not have to change a thing. The environmentalists wouldn't like that tho.. since they're SO CONVINCED that humanity has caused every problem thats ever existed.. ever..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I'm not gonna say of this is true or not true, because I have no idea.

HOWEVER, the amount of abuse/redistribution/squandering of tax monies through the impossibly complex layers of the system is massive, to the least.

Is it true? No idea.

Would it actually shock me? No.

If it is true, it SHOULD BE shut down. Simple as that.

I don't know if its true, i ran into to it, having said that nothing surprises me anymore :) We donate trillions of our tax dollars to hundreds of countries just so they can be our friends anyway!

Archived