LegacyGT.com

Gas Prices...what's your breaking point?

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would buy a smart awd or that subby elctric if it will be awd to get around town, here in iowa winters are rough and AWD is a must. I do need a full size suv for a company vehicle thou and have looked at alternatives but not much progress, ford is planing the 4.4L diesel in a few years but that is a few years to late.

No offense to DAF or anyone who would buy a Smartfortwo. You can get a Corolla/Civic for 2/3 of the price and it will get just about the same milage with alot more room. If you ever seen the NEW Corolla S you can get it with leather, nav, and some pretty hi end features. Who wants an eggshell? The smat is decieving because it really doesn't get much better milage.

Subprime is misnomer. This was/is systemic credit bubble, and no banks are safe.

Thats fine that no banks are safe, but if you look at the stock price for each bank in the past year usbanks is the only stock that hasnt decreased, Home Mortgage which i work in just recieved a big raise and it was split between all of us, becsaue we exceeded corporates expectations almost a full quarter early. So were doin good over here.

No offense to DAF or anyone who would buy a Smartfortwo. You can get a Corolla/Civic for 2/3 of the price and it will get just about the same milage with alot more room. If you ever seen the NEW Corolla S you can get it with leather, nav, and some pretty hi end features. Who wants an eggshell? The smat is decieving because it really doesn't get much better milage.

Non Taken :p BUT! a corolla has no cool factor :D I am digging the gaylish Passion in orange and silver stripe :p

I would buy a smart awd or that subby elctric if it will be awd to get around town, here in iowa winters are rough and AWD is a must. I do need a full size suv for a company vehicle thou and have looked at alternatives but not much progress, ford is planing the 4.4L diesel in a few years but that is a few years to late.

Maybe you should try to get a VW Caravelle TDI 4-motion instead? Only 174hp, but it does exist - but maybe not offered in the US market.

http://www.bedug.com/pics/caravelle.jpg

453747.png

I would buy anything that is diesel and awd, i wanted a 4motion VW passat, no can do, there is nothing in the states small and efficient in a diesel. As far as that Van, its not available in the states and to bring one over its a headache and expensive.

Soon the price I have to pay... Was SEK 12.99 per liter the other day... That's US$ 2.165/liter... Which in turn is US$8.22/Gallon... And the traffic is as bad as ever over here anyway.

Seems to me that people cut down on a lot of other things first before giving up the car...

$8 a gallon, despite my doctors complaints, I'd be back on a motorcycle... Or more importantly, a scooter. I already have a Segway for getting around shopping centers and mall areas. I just park in a central location, through the carrying cases on my Segway and go shopping. Yes, I have to drive to get there, but when there, I just ride the Segway around the shopping centers and leave my car parked.

I'm looking for a way to save gas with my car. If we had diesel engines in our vehicles we could use SAE Solutions technologies.

http://www.saeenergy.com/09_about.htm

We Subaru owners need to find something like this for our little 4cyl engines.

stedler

$8 a gallon, despite my doctors complaints, I'd be back on a motorcycle... Or more importantly, a scooter. I already have a Segway for getting around shopping centers and mall areas. I just park in a central location, through the carrying cases on my Segway and go shopping. Yes, I have to drive to get there, but when there, I just ride the Segway around the shopping centers and leave my car parked.

Are you serious? I don't think you're saving much gas that way. And it shows how ridiculously spread out retail space is built in this country. I'd recommend walking around the mall (assuming you don't have an health issue preventing you from doing so).

i fill up once a week or so... i live 8 miles from my work, and such. i think gas prices are relatively cheap considering most people spend $### eating out every two weeks, $#.## on a bottle of water because it "tastes" different, or what not.

i am just happy cruising around in my legacy 2.5i getting 25-40 mpg (depends on how i drive) in the city, with its $50 wiper blades, $950 tires, and $8 air freshner. If gas gets up to $12 a gallon ill ride my bike more often, but ill definitely keep the legacy for the winter (legacy > jeep > maixma w/ winter tires).

i think people need to stop b!tching about stuff they have no control over or literally do something about it like, drive in a more fuel efficient way, get a more fuel efficient car, move closer to work, or stop driving 40 miles to go out to eat.

i am just happy cruising around in my legacy 2.5i getting 25-40 mpg (depends on how i drive) in the city,

40mpg in a legacy??? where do you people come up with these numbers,

40mpg in a legacy??? where do you people come up with these numbers,

Same type of people who say they can get 28 mpg @ 80 mph (05 LGT). :rolleyes:

Same type of people who say they can get 28 mpg @ 80 mph (05 LGT). :rolleyes:

I have yet to see a Subaru that will get 28mpg at 80mph or 40mpg i don't care how you drive it, even with mods it will never see those kind of numbers! I have seen people inflate numbers but this is ridicules!

I have managed to get ~22 CITY recently.. but its painful I dont know that I can keep it up. People are really treating me like trash on the road.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

30 mile trip to work is KILLLLLING ME! If I piss off every single person on the road behind me and take 1 hour to drive home I can get 29-30 mpg average. My top speed the whole way is about 47 mph haha. 5th gear at 1800 RPM's is about the best gas mileage I can get.

I hear ya bigb. I live 33 miles from work and its all city. 22 seems to be the best I can do. To get that I have to put the car in neutral when going down hills and at redlights. I turn the compressor on, let the air get cold, then shut it off until the air gets hot again. I dont top 2500 rpm, I try not to top 2k rpm. acceleration at that rate is so slow people are about ready to shoot me. I might wind up a victim of road rage if I keep this up. I have cruised as low as 40 in a 45, I drop 20-30 mph going up a hill to keep from having to downshift.. its painful.

oddly enough, my commute time has not changed.. :confused:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I have yet to see a Subaru that will get 28mpg at 80mph or 40mpg i don't care how you drive it, even with mods it will never see those kind of numbers! I have seen people inflate numbers but this is ridicules!

Yeah. That pisses me off, too. Example:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88815

To a point where I thought there was something wrong with my car. Now I have to LGTs and the gas mileage wise they are the same (both are stock).

Archived