LegacyGT.com

~~~Plug and Play HID Install Walkthrough~~~

if you have any questions then just post them and I'll do my best to answer them.

hey ministiguy. ive got a question for u. i recently put in an hid kit on my 07 impreza. it uses the h7 bulbs. i had to sand the plastic base of the bulb for it to fit in properly because it was slightly too snug. so it went in ok. the passenger side bulb looks great! the cut off is really good, better than expected.

the driver side looks TERRIBLE. the cut off is barely there and well theres a nasty dark spot...

any tips on eliminating this? i can't understand if both bulbs went in the same way ..why do they show so different?

also, after i get the bulb positioned perfectly, how do i aim it a little higher?

any suggestions? also, the black and the red wires that plug into the stock wires, do i tuck those inside as well? obviously it won't go inside where the bulbs go but theres a little space where it naturally tends to go into because the wires are so short. does that impede the light output in any way?

much appreciated.

thanks!

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first to answer the output problem.

The main reason for a bad output is bulb seating. One thing you need to be sure of is that not only do you have the bulb positioned correctly but that you have it flushly mounted and not mounted at an angle in any way. The correct mounting for most h7 kits places the return wire (the brown wire that comes out the top of the bulb back into the plastic base) at the 7' o clock position. Now what this does is cause a black spot in the beam pattern at the same position in the beam and if you are up against a wall you can see it.

Here is a picture depicting the dark area. You'll see it on both lamps at the 7 position of the beam pattern.

http://i32.tinypic.com/2nc1ddt.jpg

If that is not what your lights look like please post a pictures of your beam so that I can help diagnose what your problem might be.

for aiming go to the exterior section of the forums and I have a sticky'd thread on aiming the headlamps right up at the top. :D

again please post your questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Its better if you post them rather then PM me because it will then be public and help someone else that might have the same question.

Whobaru will be permanently absent from the site. You won't be able to reach him via PM or via these threads.

I've known Whobaru for a while back when he was Kagenmateer on the forum this comes as a shock because for the most part he struck me as the kind of member that went out of his way to provide help, like in this thread. If anyone needs help figuring out the HID install, feel free to pm me.

I've known Whobaru for a while back when he was Kagenmateer on the forum this comes as a shock because for the most part he struck me as the kind of member that went out of his way to provide help, like in this thread. If anyone needs help figuring out the HID install, feel free to pm me.

Thank you!

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

No, it's not the brightest. Read this. The light output decreases as the K gets bigger. I went with the 4300k/4500k from Xenon expert. $125 shipped and lifetime warranty. Comes with the battery harness as well. They are true form "white" HID's without really any blue tint. That's what I wanted: the most clear light I could. They still look very classy and the install will take about an hour plus if it's your first time playing around in there. Worth every penny and I've only had mine for less than 24 hours. :lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Ok, I got everything installed using the no-drill method. Looks very nice.

One of my rubber grommets broke when I was pulling it through the pass thru hole, so I had to improvise somewhat.

Archived