LegacyGT.com

~~~Plug and Play HID Install Walkthrough~~~

here is a neat comparison picture I found for those that don't know what temp they would like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/Ocelaris/Lighting/HID20kelvin.jpg

5k looks good, but hard to tell in this pic...i really need to see it in person...

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you disable your DRL and turn your low beams (HID replacements) on full-time as the DRL circuitry doesn't convey enough amperage/voltage to suport the HIDs - check!

What happens when you shift to high beam and then back to low beam? Or do the low beams operate in tandem with the hight beam? If not, you could have a few seconds of darkness while the HIDs light off - correct? That could prove interesting....:eek:

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I would like to know the answer to this one as well. Someone said you just need to unplug it on the 07, however then I lose high beams and fogs. Can someone please help Akira88 and I out?

Thanks guys!

Can anyone with 2007 Legacy verify that it's the blue and black wire that needs to be cut?

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/2921/cimg0897vf9.th.jpghttp://img362.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Thanks.

Just clipped the blue and black wire and that seemed to do the trick on my 07 LGT.

Take care,

o1

I would like to know the answer to this one as well. Someone said you just need to unplug it on the 07, however then I lose high beams and fogs. Can someone please help Akira88 and I out?

Thanks guys!

So you disable your DRL and turn your low beams (HID replacements) on full-time as the DRL circuitry doesn't convey enough amperage/voltage to suport the HIDs - check!

What happens when you shift to high beam and then back to low beam? Or do the low beams operate in tandem with the hight beam? If not, you could have a few seconds of darkness while the HIDs light off - correct? That could prove interesting....:eek:

I'm not sure what exactly your asking Dale.

but you disable the DRL's since there isn't enough amperage to keep the bulbs ignited. The high beams on our year are wired separately from the DRL circuit so your high beams wont be affected at all.

Just let me know when you want to install them and I'll come over and help you.

I'm not sure what exactly your asking Dale.

but you disable the DRL's since there isn't enough amperage to keep the bulbs ignited. The high beams on our year are wired separately from the DRL circuit so your high beams wont be affected at all.

Just let me know when you want to install them and I'll come over and help you.

G - the question is: Since the low beams (HID bulbs) go "off" when you turn on your high beams, what happens when you transition back to low (HID) beams? Do the HIDs fire-up immediately or is there a "pause" while they re-ignite"? Was curious whether this is an issue or not

when you turn on the high beams the lows stay on.

Then that solves that potential issue. I was under the mis-conception that they were independent of each other. Thanks!

i installed my ddm kit today, im having some trouble.. they are in a 99 LGT

the hid's only work when fog lights are on. and if i turn the fogs off the hid's turn off also. and im not getting high or low beams, just one and im not sure if its high or low.

i used the battery harness to hook it up.

my questions: when you use the battery harness, what do you do with the grounds and power on the main one?

and is there a certain angel that the lights should be in the socket?

sorry if these are stupid questions but it did not specify in the instructions. and im not good with electrical stuff.

thanks

scot

• 2 weeks later...
I think that it is time someone posted those pictures again from the first page that photo bucket deleted. I will being adding a DDM kit next week and I was looking around today and practicing. I got the dust shield off, i undid the little screw holding the retainer clip down and i can pull the bulb out. After that I am going to need pictures to see.

I fitted one of the 4500k 35W bulbs in my passenger side headlight and setting up the ballast. I haven't gotten to swap out the driver's side so it was a good chance for me to do a bit of comparing.

I'm wondering if the I didn't get the bulb seated properly. I'm getting better light from my OEM halogen bulb. It seems like the cutoff is much more distinct on the OEM bulb.

When I tried fitting the bulb into the headlight housing it seemed like it just set on top of a lip around the edge of the bulb hole and the spring clip held it in place. I'd think that the bulb base should have seated into that lip but looking at the OEM bulbs it seemed that they also just set on top of the lip.

I considered filing down the plastic base edges to fit it inside the lip on the housing but I didn't want to start cutting or modding anything until I heard from someone with experience.

When fitting the bulb, is there a certain position that the tab on the base should point? Am I fitting this bulb right? I've had HIDs in other vehicles and had good experiences in the past so I'm surprised that I'm getting less light with the new HID bulb

Thanks

Whobaru is no longer a member and his pics may have departed with him. We're working on getting another set up, but Whobaru's were excellent and are missed.

Archived