LegacyGT.com

~~~Plug and Play HID Install Walkthrough~~~

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Stupid question here, i cant get that damn intake tube off. you know that big ass black thing with the little black connector knobs, well i tried getting them off and broke one, i dont watn to put a flathead in there and pull up again b/c thats how i broke the last one, how do i get them off?

You're talking about the plastic intake "funnel" that sits just to the left of and above the radiator (looking toward the rear of the car from the front)? If that's what you're referring to, then they should have a cross-sectioned (similar to phillips head screw) and you just turn them (counter-clockwise) with either a flat head or a phillips head screwdriver until they're loose (about 1/4 - 1/2 turn). Then pinch under the edge of the plastic popit (screw) with your finger nails, lift it up and pull the intake free. Since you've broken one already, you're halfway done. :cool:

I think that's all that holds that in there IIRC. Failing that, try pushing down on the plastic intake body surrounding the popit and see if that will loosen it enough to allow it to turn. You could also squirt a small amount of WD40 into the popit socket to provide some lube and free it up that way.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Got the H.I.Ds in and it only took 3 hours haha i suck! Anyways there angeled and pointed all over hell! like the driver headlight has a bright area that points to the left and down like a fog light and the other one is just way up in the air. the cutoff line is down up down down up sideways up down left x2 lol. what do i do?

• 1 month later...
I purchased the Xentec HID kit off of ebay for cheap for a trial and error thing.. and I've had it for 5months now and still pretty happy with it! It was plug and play and I did not have to drill any parts of the headlamp assembly for the install... just modified the gromet it came with slightly

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bought the DDM 55watt 4500 kit for the 09. installed it yesterday and noticed no issues. tonight i drove the car around and noticed the left side isnt sparking unless i switch the lights on and off a few times. i know the answer to this problem.

but my question is, to those that have bought the relay/harness do you just purchase one kit? or do you need to purchase one for each side?

as far as how it functions. it is ridiculous. the road is illuminated like no other. the 4500 kit outputs the most lumens at 3300 so it is the brightest tempature available. im not sure why people speak of re-aiming their headlights, youre just changing the bulb out not the housing. the cutoff remains the same also.

we say to re-aim the lights because not all lamps are aligned from the factory correctly. You should check yours because perhaps yours are to high from the factory as most halogen setups are.

ive noticed they appear a little high...ill pull the car up to a wall tonight and see where they are at. im just going off looking at the cutoff on the sides, it seems to rise as opposed to going down towards the road.

bought the harness the other night. waiting for that. now both lights spark the first time everytime.....at least the last two nights they have.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

so I've installed an HID kit this week at the same time I cleared my corners so I've got my whole front end apart which made the install fairly easy. I'm still waiting for the chrome amber side marker bulbs which I ordered to arrive before I reassemble and I'm debating where to mount the ballasts.

I realize there is a significant amount of open space directly below both the headlight assemblies behind the bumper. Has anyone else removed the headlamps to install HIDs and mounted the ballasts directly to the bottom of the headlight? There is a groove in the bottom of the lamp that is the exact size of the ballast and I'm debating whether or not to mount it there. I was thinking about screwing it right in, just drilling a few small holes and filling it with silicone before installing the screws, or maybe just getting some heavy duty 3M double sided adhesive.

Any thoughts?

Archived