LegacyGT.com

~~~Plug and Play HID Install Walkthrough~~~

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got mine in today! Great walkthrough helped out a lot!! Thanks!!

One question though, I did mine first before unplugging the DRL's, after I installed everyhing, turn the car on, lights come on normal, but then they won't come on as DRL's, and will only come on if the handbrake is up (ie DRL deactivated) when handrake is down they won't turn on.. I unplegged DRL's and problem solved they go on when I want them to... I still can't figure out why they were acting like that!

• 5 months later...

I hate to bring back an old thread, but I was searching for help with changing an HID bulb. The car came with an HID kit and I have managed to acquire the right replacement bulb for the driver side headlight. I removed the battery and disconnected all the wires of the burnt bulb, but encountered one wire, a black one, that seems to extend from the set of wires that connects to the balast. This one wire seemed to be a long one that ran down my bumper to some area that wasn't visible. Aside from that one wire, my replacement bulb looks the same with all the same harnesses. Any ideas on what this is and what to do?

Also, my ballast seems to be just hanging, dangling more like it, near the base of the bumper. It was actually quite hard to get to.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
One year later and my HIDs are easily the best mod I've done, dollar for dollar....next to the brakes...and the VF52...but...still...I love them.
SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to installing my DDM kit. 55W, 5000K, battery relayed. Thanks for the great write up and photos. So far, everything works exactly like it's supposed to.

As expected, the glare through the squirrel finders is ridiculous, but at this point I'm not horribly motivated to remove the headlamp assemblies to fill them. It's not dark out yet, but I can't wait to go for a cruise tonight to see how it looks!

Did I mention I did this install outside in the pouring rain the whole time? :D Unfortunately, the light drizzle turned into a heavy downpour just as I fitted the bulbs in and I was at the point of no return. I had to secure the wiring and tape the ballasts down while getting drenched at the same time. Hopefully the tape holds.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Using a kit, such as the DDM kit, with good aim and stock projectors, people are obtaining results where glare isn't too much of a problem for oncoming drivers? Perhaps there is some bending of a squirrel spotter?

I am fine with the stock beam pattern, but I really do not want to blind others or attract unwanted attention from authorities.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
did this last week. Great write up. I decided to check the alignment after and at stock it was way low going by the alignment write up anyone else have to adjust it up that much? I talking like a foot up from the 25ft away rule. Part of me feel like I'm blinding people now?

Archived