LegacyGT.com

~~~Plug and Play HID Install Walkthrough~~~

Hey guys im new here. i actually just bought a 2008 subaru legacy 2.5se and want to put HID headlights in. Is it possible to put them in and just not touch the DRL. i still want the daytime running lights, and my highbeams. i just want to make the projector bulb be HID. is that possible? i am clueless about headlights so please help!!!

You will be fine.

The DRLs are essentially the high-beams, just dimmed out a lot. The low beam is seperate from the DRL/high-beams.

No need to disable anything. Just put the HIDs in, and you'll be fine.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so the projector bulb and the drl/high beam are on 2 seperate harnesses? there will be enough power to have both hooked up? im not gunna lose the blue light on the cluster that says the high beams are on or anything cuz i read a few forums that mentioned something like that but that was for the drl mod?

1 harness on the back of the headlamps connects to the main engine harness for the lights.

so there is just 1 harness? or there is 1 harness on the low beams and then 1 on the high beams? and if there is only 1 harness that connects to the engine harness how would the high beams still be connected because i thought the ballast would just output the HID? im sorry ima dumby at this stuff... please try and clearify for me!!

Just remember the primary reason many of us disable the DRLs is so the HID bulbs last longer.

but if my DRL/high beam is a seperate bulb from my low beam then how would HID bulb burn out quick.. if its not the same bulb and the DRL is my high beam dimmed down then whats the connection to the HID burnout?

thanks man!! ur DIY was alot of help!! ne suggestions for colors.. itll be h7 bulbs as well... i dont want a super white bulb i want some blue tint but not like too ricey you know? ne ideas?

4300K is pure white.

5000K has a hint of blue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

alright HID guru's...

I Just Installed the Apexecone kit from xenon depot.

I finished the install with the battery harness and gave the lights a test try, to my dismay, the driverside ignited and the passenger side ignited for 1 second and then turns off. If i turn the headlights off and back on, it will flicker 3 or 4 times and then turn off. What is going on?!?!?! anyideas on where to start?

i can haz a siginaturz now?

If it isn't a bad ballast, I would start by looking for differences between the driver and passenger sides. Same ground? If not, make it the same. Same quality connections? If not, ...

If all else fails, prolly a bad ballast. My guess though.

If it isn't a bad ballast, I would start by looking for differences between the driver and passenger sides. Same ground? If not, make it the same. Same quality connections? If not, ...

If all else fails, prolly a bad ballast. My guess though.

I have the battery harness that was supplied with my HID kit, therefore it shares the same ground and the same power lead, there is a fusable link that is in good shape. Could the relay be blown?

i can haz a siginaturz now?

Possible. Do you know how to read/test the outputs from a relay? That's a good place to start. Have someone click the light switch while you test where the voltage is dropping out. Before or after the relay. This is one of those things I kinda have to check out in person.

• 1 month later...

Archived