LegacyGT.com

iPod Integration Kit

Wedge

I just installed it on my 07 Spec B, and it works! YAAAAY!

2 Questions:

1. My text blinks wildly, whether scrolling or not. Does anyone else have this? It's actually off for a second, blinks on for a split second, then back off. It's really irritating.

2. Where's the PTY/CAT button?

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where's the PTY/CAT button?

The PTY/CAT button is the down arrow button below the left/right buttons right in the middle. I believe it's labelled as such.

I'll have to check on the blinking text next time I fire it up.

Cheers!

-Ian

Edit: Check that! I just checked the buttons and there isn't a PTY/CAT button but the FOLDER/CATEGORY button fills in that function.

I have several iPods, and they all blink. The only text that blinks is the bottom row, the top that says "SAT" is fine.

Also, when driving, it will occasionally (every 20 minutes or so) disconnect, and the iPod says "Detached", then "attached", and I have to cycle through inputs to get it to play again.

Yesterday, in the middle of a song, it switched to say "Loading", and would not play until we shut the car off and turned it back on. It did not blink when it said "Loading".

The install went smoothly, all connections are fine. I did plug in the existing satellite radio to the pass-through cable on the iPod unit, but unless that caused it, I think I may have a defective unit. :(

I have several iPods, and they all blink. The only text that blinks is the bottom row, the top that says "SAT" is fine.

Also, when driving, it will occasionally (every 20 minutes or so) disconnect, and the iPod says "Detached", then "attached", and I have to cycle through inputs to get it to play again.

Yesterday, in the middle of a song, it switched to say "Loading", and would not play until we shut the car off and turned it back on. It did not blink when it said "Loading".

The install went smoothly, all connections are fine. I did plug in the existing satellite radio to the pass-through cable on the iPod unit, but unless that caused it, I think I may have a defective unit. :(

My suggestion is to unhook the satellite radio tuner and see if the problem goes away.

My suggestion is to unhook the satellite radio tuner and see if the problem goes away.

:whore:

I don't have this problem and I think you are the only one that has discussed plugging the sat through the pass-though. I'd bet that this is the problem - causing a conflict somewhere.

Either that or you have a short somewhere - luckily not in your iPod jack, since you've used multiple iPods with the same problem, so I'd say its either in a connection or the cable itself...

Manual clearly states that this device is not intended to be used in conjunction with the satellite radio. I don't know why the cable had a plug for it.

Yeah, its pretty much the stupidest thing to have a bus that you can only plug one device into.

I'm guessing its because in the future, the headunits will be able to accommodate more accessories without having to change the bus interface.

Just installed my kit this past weekend. It was pretty tough due to having a regular legacy and only having the basic temperature controls. I could unplug the fan speed and vent select switch, but I could not figure out how to unplug the temperature knob. I managed to squeeze my hand in underneath and plug it in from there. I also routed it to the glove box and had it come out where the slot is to put your user manual pouch. Unfortunately, I tried the kit with my 3G ipod, hoping that it would still support it, but it didn't work. I don't have a more recent ipod to try it with at the moment, so either something went wrong with the install or it's just ipod. I guess it's time to pony up the money for a new ipod.

How was routing it to the glove box? My kit came yesterday, and I'm going to install it this weekend- I'm finding myself torn about putting it to the center console or the glove box.

Sorry for not reading the whole thing, but this won't work if you've got XM? Or it doesn't 'officially' work, but kind of works?

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Shittay.

Oh well, I like XM, and can live with a simple iPod jack.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How was routing it to the glove box? My kit came yesterday, and I'm going to install it this weekend- I'm finding myself torn about putting it to the center console or the glove box.

The wire could be run either way. Taking out the user manual shelf thing made it easy to route a cable down to the headunit. There was plenty of length and I didn't have to pull up the whole center console or drill a hole for the plug. I did do a little dremel work on the shelf thing, but it's just a cheap piece of plastic that's easily replaceable. The ability to lock up the ipod is nice too because I just got a cheap ipod off ebay that I plan to leave in the car permanently.

The blinking/random disconnect issue is gone. It turns out I had routed the iPod kit into the Sirius unit, which then routed to the stereo. This was causing all the problems.

I pulled out the sat interface cable altogether and plugged directly into the head unit. Voila! Works perfectly now. Thanks for the advice, everyone.

The wire could be run either way. Taking out the user manual shelf thing made it easy to route a cable down to the headunit. There was plenty of length and I didn't have to pull up the whole center console or drill a hole for the plug. I did do a little dremel work on the shelf thing, but it's just a cheap piece of plastic that's easily replaceable. The ability to lock up the ipod is nice too because I just got a cheap ipod off ebay that I plan to leave in the car permanently.

+1 on the lockability by putting it in the glovebox. You will also have more play to pull the cord out when plugging the unit it, I have very limited play with it in the center console, so it is a little bit of a PITA to get the thing connected -- just a small issue, as you will not be able to control the iPod from the click wheel once its connected, so there is little need to have a lot of play in the cable.

I was wondering if the iPod kit would work for a 2006 Legacy Spec b? My brother-in-law just installed an iPod kit for his SSR and said it was pretty easy.

It'll only work if sat. radio was offered and if you don't have nav.

So, I don't think it'll work with the 06.

I recently installed a regular legacy sub in my 2008 spec b and got it to work just fine. I was wondering if anyone would know if the subs wiring harness would interfere with the install of the ipod interface kit? I want to know before i purchase the kit and start tearing things apart. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

bill

Anyone have any experiance using both AUX in and the ipod? I occasionally use my laptop to listen to movies in the car (g/f watches them while I drive :p kind of annoying since I dont get to watch, but they are usually movies I wouldnt watch anyway.)

But the laptop speakers arnt loud enough and I got an 07 with the ipod. I sat in an 07/08 outback and noticed the interesting AUX plug..

Can you buy that / is it worth it for the port? How well does it work? Can I use that and have the ipod thing?

I recently installed a regular legacy sub in my 2008 spec b and got it to work just fine. I was wondering if anyone would know if the subs wiring harness would interfere with the install of the ipod interface kit? I want to know before i purchase the kit and start tearing things apart. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

bill

Were you able to run both the Sub and Nav? I believe the sub is supposed to go under the driver's seat. Did you have to find another way to fix it under the passenger seat, and did it fit properly?

When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

I think you'll be okay with the sub, but supposedly this doesn't work with Nav or Sat. radio. If you have either of those, you'll have issues.

You have to unplug the Sat radio to get this to work (trust me), but our Nav works great with the iPod kit in our 07 Spec B.

I don't have the sub (since the space under the driver's seat is occupied by the nav DVD drive), but I would assume you'd be fine.

Also, in testing with the iPhone, it works great! It takes over the iPod section (saying "Accessory Attached"), and lets you use the rest of the phone as usual. I don't put it in Airplane Mode, and have never heard any GSM noise, either.

Anyone have any experiance using both AUX in and the ipod? I occasionally use my laptop to listen to movies in the car (g/f watches them while I drive :p kind of annoying since I dont get to watch, but they are usually movies I wouldnt watch anyway.)

But the laptop speakers arnt loud enough and I got an 07 with the ipod. I sat in an 07/08 outback and noticed the interesting AUX plug..

Can you buy that / is it worth it for the port? How well does it work? Can I use that and have the ipod thing?

Using the Aux in with the iPod interface kit should work fine since you use the "SAT" (Satellite radio) input for the iPod interface. You should be able to use the "Aux" for whatever you like.

I have the Aux in jack from Subaru but I don't think there are any wires that run from it to the stereo head unit. I was actually going to go this route until the iPod integration unit came out.

Cheers!

-Ian

P6130003.jpg.38c4c0a93cf0a98f65e88564bb2030ca.jpg

P6130004.jpg.31656dc146e71a6fda0590310945316f.jpg

Archived