LegacyGT.com

iPod Integration Kit

Wedge

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Installed it into a friends 07gt (I don't have an iPod). Works fine. Mounted the device to the bottom of the stereo with the two wire ties that were included. There was some difficulty in getting the iPod to lay flat with the cable attached in the armrest compartment. He had to drill the hole in the corner and not install the grommet.

INTERFACE:

Chapter skip is handled by briefly pressing the left/right buttons, FF/RR require holding them down. Seems a little slow to update the interface. I believe his iPod is 4G black and white. The system will quickly switch tracks as you select them. As opposed to the iPod interface, which doesn't start playing until after a selection has been made.

No Ground Loop Isolator(GLI) required. The Karmen:Kardon needed it, but this doesn't. (BTW: GLI is for removing alternator noise from the power to an audio device.)

Dissassembly/Reassembly (including removing the Harman:Kardon) took over 2 hours. Most of the time was spent mulling over installation options, and being cautious with the equipment and upholstery.

**PLACEHOLDER: Will edit in pics as soon as I figure out how to attach em.**

IMG_0818.thumb.JPG.b3697df5e66f06fb6a38d782309567dd.JPG

IMG_0849.thumb.jpg.8236c5b7e50cfe127eedc23f61d78e80.jpg

-Jim

(AKA 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0)

Placed order today from Subaru Parts. From everything I've read on this forum, it should work well and am anxious to try it.

I'm having some difficulty with my Belkin "flexdock" ipod adapter and some transmission noise creeping into the stereo. Has anyone who has installed the Subie part had any problem with transmission noise (I'm guessing that's what the whir sound is that follows the engine speed when the sound settings are just right). Does anyone know whether the connecting cable is shielded?

I am picking up my new baby (OBP) tomorrow. My dealer ordered the integration kit and will install it for me when they hook up the OEM subwoofer -- $140 installed.

:woowoo:

I was stoked when someone bumped this thread -- wouldn't have know about this option and I thought only the new 'prezers had true integration.

Thanks for the great info!

I got installed my ipod integration kit today, but looks like it wont work with European models??

I do have MY07 Spec B with navi and radio have also "AUX button" but not that "Sat button"...

ipod goes to "Subaru" mod but thats all...

Well...Shit happens.

Does anyone have idea what the hell that "AUX" is for??

Guest Gitster
I wonder if this wil work with a Parrot BT kit installed. The BT kit just interrupts the power and audio harnesses that plug into the back of the HU.

How about controls though, I dont see any Ipod Menus in those pics.

There are no iPod menus. The iPod screen just has a Subaru Logo. The display on the stereo looks EXACTLY like it was running the XM device, except that the "Channels" are now Playlists.

-Jim

Is this a worthwhile upgrade if you already have Jazzy's board?

I can get a P-204UH stereo for $275, and probably the kit for another $126, but really, I dont know if it'd be much better than what I have.

How is the audio quality? Can you navigate menus with the steering wheel controls?

Guest Gitster
There are no iPod menus. The iPod screen just has a Subaru Logo. The display on the stereo looks EXACTLY like it was running the XM device, except that the "Channels" are now Playlists.

Haha, well my Ipod menu is a bit more complicated than "playlists."

Does it scroll through all the artists and albums like the Ipod does ?

What about Video ? Settings ? Artists ? Albums ? Songs ?

I don't know if it's worth it if you've already got jazzy's mod running.

This is just easier to install and doesn't require the silent CD.

Audio quality seems great to me but I'm no audiophile. I don't think you'll be able to navigate menu's unless you've got an '08 that allows you to navigate your satellite radio via the steering wheel controls.

Cheers!

-Ian

Does it scroll through all the artists and albums like the Ipod does ?

What about Video ? Settings ? Artists ? Albums ? Songs ?

FOR THE LAST TIME! THERE IS A USER MANUAL POSTED IN THE VERY FIRST POST. :rtfm: !!!!

;)

Not if you plug it into the Subaru iPod integration kit. It'll just say "SUBARU"

Seriously, stick a Data CD with some folders with MP3s in the changer. That is not that far from the interface you get with the kit. It makes the iPod look like an XM receiver. The stereo doesn't even know the iPod is there. It thinks you're listening to a radio.

The Harmen:Kardon screen looks a little like an iPod screen if that's your fancy. But even that doesn't support video or control settings, and it cannot be controlled through the stereo at all.

-Jim

Archived