LegacyGT.com

iPod Integration Kit

Wedge

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys......

Had to take a little road trip today & am sick & tired of Radio stations....

Can I hook a Ipod up to my 05 HU???

This maybe in another thread but I need to pick one up ASAP if it's possible. I'll be on the road alot next week.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

wukindada - Nope, not gonna work. I tried it when I took my '05 HU out. There's no place to plug in the kit. Sorry.

FM transmitter FTW!

Not the best but should work in a pinch. Or you can just put some headphones on! :lol: :lol: ;)

Just in case anybody has the question. This kit WILL NOT work with the '06 HU's as they don't have satellite radio either.

uh... jazzy's aux in mod works PERFECTLY in an 05..

you dont need a crappy ridiculously low quality fm modulator.. wheres everyone been on this?

http://www.jazzyengineering.com

its real simple and real easy to install, you dont need any kind of technical knowledge except how NOT to break plastic clips or metal tabs.. imo if you've ever taken apart a cdrom or a vcr or anything like that, you can do this w/o even trying..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

2 BIG questions, based on varying levels of functionality in past iPod integration kits I've used:

1.) If you choose a playlist and/or set it to Random Play, does the Random setting stick when you get back in the car and turn it on again? Or do you have to pick your playlist and start over every time you start the car?

2.) Does it automatically start playing the iPod when you start the car, and shut it off when the car is turned off?

Thanks for your help, this may blow the other option (Spending $400 on a Drive+Play 2) out of the water.

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

Yeah what's goin go on with that? I'm ordering an '07 head unit so I can have iPod connectivity!

Do you know if one can install it on 2005 lgt with the same wires? I've heard that one also would need a $750 new armrest that includes something for Ipod connection.

I'm getting one from KingofParts for about $400 new. I have been unsuccessful finding a used one. I'm going all out and getting the iPod hookup and OEM sub. It'll be around $700 bucks, but it's the same as upgrading to a nice new aftermarket head unit and it's about the only option we have... I am quite happy about being able to do this, though.

Archived