LegacyGT.com

INSTRUCTIONS TO: unlock NAV while in motion

XiiiXiii

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great mod!. Just did it with my 08 spec b in about 15 mins. Like one of the previous posters mentioned i used a wire and pin from a floppy drive molex connector and it fit in there perfect with excellent contact. Used a screw on the DVD chassie for the grounding point.

Great stuff!

• 2 weeks later...
Did mine last night on my '08 Spec.B. Took all of 10 minutes to get it in, but my dumb ass spent over an hour readjusting the cable waiting for the PBK. : ON to show up on the nav. '08 owners keep in mind you have to into the hidden menu to see the staus of the parking brake signal.

im gonna get around to doing this sometime this weekend. was supposed to hitch a ride home from school with a friend & ride my motorcycle back to school so i can have car & bike but kid got kicked out end of last week... so im SOL

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Help me. I just can't find the unit below the passanger seat, should it be there or near the navigator dvd tray? I have the tray below the dvd player in the middle console. Any hint where it can be found? Car is diesel boxer legacy late 2008 model. I haven't removed any center plastic panels yet, car has only 1000km/595miles on odometer. So playing for sure ;)

http://motoring.sky.com/UserFiles/Image/Subaru%20Legacy%20Diesel%20-%20Sky%20Drive/Interior.jpg

Hi,

Help me. I just can't find the unit below the passanger seat, should it be there or near the navigator dvd tray? I have the tray below the dvd player in the middle console. Any hint where it can be found? Car is diesel boxer legacy late 2008 model. I haven't removed any center plastic panels yet, car has only 1000km/595miles on odometer. So playing for sure ;)

Lately Subaru has started placing the new navi units inside the glovebox in the upper left part. They are very small units and you note it only when you shade some lights inside the glovebox.

Where are you based ? It looks like your Legacy has the new Audyssey Multeq audio system. Am I correct ? How does it sounds ? Thanks

Lately Subaru has started placing the new navi units inside the glovebox in the upper left part. They are very small units and you note it only when you shade some lights inside the glovebox.

Where are you based ? It looks like your Legacy has the new Audyssey Multeq audio system. Am I correct ? How does it sounds ? Thanks

I'm from finland and that picture is something what seems to be 1:1 like mine car, It doesn't have harman kardon audio set on it and i'm bit disapointed, i guess it sounds good, but midrange is got too much gain. Maybe new speakers would to the magic with better cone materials.

I gotta check that glovebox better then, i did a fast search under driver seat without removing front skirt of it. It seem to have only the elevator mechanics of electric seat under it.

i still havent gotten around to doing this...

A must if you have a regular navigator. I think a few of my friends know how to run this better than I do! This mod has changed my exploring experience.

I'm from finland and that picture is something what seems to be 1:1 like mine car, It doesn't have harman kardon audio set on it and i'm bit disapointed, i guess it sounds good, but midrange is got too much gain. Maybe new speakers would to the magic with better cone materials.

I gotta check that glovebox better then, i did a fast search under driver seat without removing front skirt of it. It seem to have only the elevator mechanics of electric seat under it.

I replaced the front speakers because the OEM are really outragous! (A couple of euros value in a forty thousand euros car).

Sound is really better but I miss the bass, so I'm thinking about installing the original subwoofer (I don't wnat to follow the Cleansweep route).

Um...my Nav-equipped cars came with manuals explaining where the unit is.

You need to know, of course, to insert the DVDs, so they do tell you.

It may be, though, that they moved it and made it harder to get at the back panel, where the connector we've discussed is. HPH

I still can't find that box under seat, looked under driver and passenger seat.. Nothing there. Does anyone else own a 2009 model legacy?

Maybe i just wait for a good instructions :)

Cornelius,

Did your read my post #133 ? Look in the glovebox !

Cornelius,

Did your read my post #133 ? Look in the glovebox !

Yes, i read that. I don't have picture from the glovebox on my machine, but it looks like smaller box in top left row, one cd jewel wide and six cd jewel height. Then the wide one is on right, about 1,5 dvd disc jewel long.

I haven't removed any plastics there and navigation disc goes into the center console below the dvd player.

I don't have guts yet to rip plastics apart from there.. so waiting for a someone doing it first :-)

Not sure if this will help anyone, but my Australian MY08 Liberty (that's just what we call the Legacy here) has the Sat Nav installed between the CD/DVD player and the HVAC controls. Essentially there's a second slot for the Nav Disc underneath the regular drive. Perhaps it is because mine is a "Limited Edition with Satellite Navigation" and so the system came factory installed.

Unfortunately this means I have to pull my dash apart to do this mod which I didn't really want to do on my 1 week old car!

Strangely I haven't been able to access the service mode for the navigation. I've tried the whole press the middle of the screen at the main menu for 10 seconds but with no luck.

Cheers for all the awesome info on this forum guys. We should really create a wiki for easy access to it all!

got some pictures of what your talking about? sure others would like to see your setup...

Not sure if this will help anyone, but my Australian MY08 Liberty (that's just what we call the Legacy here) has the Sat Nav installed between the CD/DVD player and the HVAC controls. Essentially there's a second slot for the Nav Disc underneath the regular drive. Perhaps it is because mine is a "Limited Edition with Satellite Navigation" and so the system came factory installed.

Unfortunately this means I have to pull my dash apart to do this mod which I didn't really want to do on my 1 week old car!

Strangely I haven't been able to access the service mode for the navigation. I've tried the whole press the middle of the screen at the main menu for 10 seconds but with no luck.

Cheers for all the awesome info on this forum guys. We should really create a wiki for easy access to it all!

got some pictures of what your talking about? sure others would like to see your setup...

I can also take some pictures, the navigation unit (dvd drive) is below the dvd player in dash, behind a fancy plastic plate. I guess this is the reason why i haven't found the unit under the seat, i tought the navigation dvd drive and center unit are two different parts :-) But i don't have time or guts to rip off dash for experimental testing.

Other thing what is common, the service mode cannot be accessed. I have done all the tricks.

I can also take some pictures, the navigation unit (dvd drive) is below the dvd player in dash, behind a fancy plastic plate. I guess this is the reason why i haven't found the unit under the seat, i tought the navigation dvd drive and center unit are two different parts :-) But i don't have time or guts to rip off dash for experimental testing.

Other thing what is common, the service mode cannot be accessed. I have done all the tricks.

maybe its a different type of unit they put in for AUS? could be a different setup. do the menues look the same as the ones here, have you seen pictures of it?

maybe its a different type of unit they put in for AUS? could be a different setup. do the menues look the same as the ones here, have you seen pictures of it?

I live in northern europe, so if i understood correctly there are japan/europe/usa models from subaru. Dealer said that when i asked can i have remote start for my car, "wiring harmness would be different" he said.

enough talk, here's some pics.

http://www.munkuvat.org/thumb/136973.jpeg

http://www.munkuvat.org/thumb/136974.jpeg

Archived