LegacyGT.com

INSTRUCTIONS TO: unlock NAV while in motion

XiiiXiii

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done. So easy after I actually got myself outside to do it.

Things you need:

1 molex connector

1 tweezers (to remove the cables from the plug

1 box cutter (to strip the opposite end of the molex connector. Do not cut off the pointy side)

1 14mm socket wrench (get one that rachets)

Electrical tape.

30 minutes (seriously, if you're quick you can get this done in probably 10.)

Remove the two bolts from the front seat, lean the seat back, get your fingers to unplug the connector, insert the pointy side of the molex connector in the right slot, wrap the other end of the wire around the DVD enclosure, wrap that with electrical tape, turn your nav unit on to make sure the PKB is ON, make any necessary adjustments if it's not, bolt seat back down, enjoy.

So i grounded the pin to unlock navi underneath my seat.. unlocks navi in motion.. but doesnt unlock dvd while in motion?

I think you have to do the same thing on the back of the nav screen to get the dvd to play while in motion. But don't quote me.

• 1 month later...
None of this unlocks the other INFO options (like the calculator), does it?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Got it. Bummer.

I never had the issue with nav-in-motion, because I'm using a Kenwood Nav module instead of the stock unit. Garmin FTW.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 2 months later...
does this work for 5th Gen nav?

The hack for the GenV is essentially the same. However, the e-brake input is at the back of the head unit on a green coloured plug (It's green downunder, not sure about the USDM Legacy's). All up it's about a 10-20 min job depending on your skill level for taking dashboards apart.

• 3 weeks later...

I did this hack yesterday. There was a small difference in that the vehicle signals screen didn't provide any e-brake signal info. I didn't have any feed back and wasnt sure if it was working until I went for a test drive.

Secondly, I didn't ground the pin to the chassis, I simply ran a wire from the ebrake pin to the pin with the black wire. seemed a lot cleaner and easier.

Anyways, cheers, thanks for the info!

I did this hack yesterday. There was a small difference in that the vehicle signals screen didn't provide any e-brake signal info. I didn't have any feed back and wasnt sure if it was working until I went for a test drive.

Could you post a picture of your diagnostics screen?

robertsm99 posted a picture of the "VEHICLE/GYRO SIGNALS" screen in his 2008 here. Another 2008 owner, Kargurra, said his did not show the parking brake status (in this post).

Tip for others: Search this thread for diagnostic* (with asterisk, to catch both diagnostic and diagnostics) to find other posts that talk about accessing that screen.

Could you post a picture of your diagnostics screen?

robertsm99 posted a picture of the "VEHICLE/GYRO SIGNALS" screen in his 2008 here. Another 2008 owner, Kargurra, said his did not show the parking brake status (in this post).

Tip for others: Search this thread for diagnostic* (with asterisk, to catch both diagnostic and diagnostics) to find other posts that talk about accessing that screen.

http://i.imgur.com/t9zYN.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just did this in 15 minutes with a paperclip. I just bent the paperclip and grounded it on the metal part of the unit. Parking brake is now "on" all the time!

I'm sure it would have been easier if I removed the seat, but there's no need really; you just need a flashlight and small fingers so you see what you are poking at.

• 4 months later...

Archived