LegacyGT.com

INSTRUCTIONS TO: unlock NAV while in motion

XiiiXiii

Works like a charm! Can't do calculator or similar stuff while moving still, but addresses and route option type stuff is okay! :woowoo::woowoo:

thanks more than I can say XiiXii! :wub::icon_chee

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SWEET!

Thanks for this I just did the mod in about half an hour...most of that time was discovering that the '07 model in Aus has the unit in the glove box and not under the seat...which sadly, I already knew...but somehow forgot:confused:

So, I have posted a few pic's of the same mod. for the Australian model showing how to get to the plug at the back of the unit.

You do not need to remove the unit, just the glove box drawer, the tray and the bottom cover. You can then put your hand up the back, remove the plug from the unit, put in the wire (I used a molex pin I had lying about so it fitted well) and ground the wire. Done.

Here's the pic's.

1.JPG.37bdaf5bd58ca17d925396bb23409394.JPG

2.JPG.8fb7aa8cf6c0935dffb47069b9dc23de.JPG

3.JPG.7ec79e64b852e911ec0e228be325ca11.JPG

5.JPG.50e3dc6720d39a49794245f60ddcd730.JPG

6.JPG.bb58092810ca74d6da0cd7c8f144f911.JPG

7.JPG.04da0d32177db1c3d1eb50c1be37d921.JPG

8.JPG.27918d6a7260ba5b14f935e9d412222d.JPG

9.JPG.9937f99af1921c349234fe07cb87aca9.JPG

a1.JPG.a9c2fe9eecb31908a527564316c85178.JPG

a2.JPG.288ab0133b8a86dbe3ece49e1ec769f0.JPG

PKBPN.JPG.13cf7486bb8ac033ef7ddf3b5e95d933.JPG

THANK YOU XiiiXiii!!! this mod rocks!

So simple, so quick, so FREE!!!!

did this last night and I'm lovin' it!

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Works like a charm! Can't do calculator or similar stuff while moving still, but addresses and route option type stuff is okay!

I haven't tried it yet but I think to unlock that you will need to ground the parking brake sensor wire that goes the nav screen. I believe its the Grey wire in the harness. You will have to cut it and then ground it. There were instructions on it in the other super long nav hack thread. It's the same mod to make the aux vid input work while driving.

just did it and love it but still doesnt allow me to watch dvd's while in motion gonna have to mess around with it this weekend. has anyone figured this portion of it out yet? think it might be possible through the connector next to the video in port. maybe hook up a toggle to fool the screen into thinking the reverse cam is on.

Any thoughts????

I haven't tried it yet but I think to unlock that you will need to ground the parking brake sensor wire that goes the nav screen. I believe its the Grey wire in the harness. You will have to cut it and then ground it. There were instructions on it in the other super long nav hack thread. It's the same mod to make the aux vid input work while driving.

That shouldn't be it, as I have that mod so my video IPod can do movies and videos while driving...

Not like I really need the calculator and stuff while driving anyways...

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That shouldn't be it, as I have that mod so my video IPod can do movies and videos while driving...

Not like I really need the calculator and stuff while driving anyways...

Damn, that sucks. I was hoping that the video in motion hack would work. I guess the software of the screen uses the speed sensor to lock you out. I would test cutting that line, but I'm not sure if items such as maintenance monitor will break.

Hopefully this Sunday I have some free time. I want to gut the nav screen out and analyze it. See if that touch panel is easy to take apart to look at the internals.

Good cause I didn't.

Thanks to XiiiXiii for such a simple hack. Worked like a charm.

OK stewart,

So you just took a black wire... one end you bolted to your DVD bracket unit thingy...the other end you stuffed into the proper pin location....

That's it?

Archived