LegacyGT.com

The 2008 Legacy GT - Impressions / Test Drive / Pictures (56k no-no)

I thought it was still Momo designed...but they just didn't put the words on it anymore?

Nice write up!

It wasn't too bad. It moved in and out as needed.

However as I was driving my car today I noticed the leather wheel on my car has a lot better grip than the "leather" steering wheel on the '08.

Also worth note, the '08 has ditched the "Momo" wheel for a generic leather one.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought it was still Momo designed...but they just didn't put the words on it anymore?

Nice write up!

You're right, I believe this is the case. The Spec. B momo wheel is slightly smaller in diameter and thinner, but the LGT wheel is still above average.

Not a fan of the grille, but I could deal with it. However, what I can't deal with is the complete shit job they did with the rear end treatment. The tail lights, and the rear bumper look like shit. And I also think the 05-06 rims look better than the 07-08's. Just my .02

EDIT--and what I am shocked about is the fact that the shift paddles are stationary. WTF? That's one of the dumbest things I've seen.

Couldn't agree more, with everything you've said.

The stationary shift paddles. . .? lame, even my '02 Lexus shifters were a part of the steering wheel that moved when the steering wheel moved.

And what the F*CK is with this chrome SH*T here!!?!!?

:mad:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/c1pendragon/08_Subaro_legacy_rearlight_CAD_430.jpg

It looks like this from the rear. . . a gay old Diamante. . .

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/c1pendragon/c447097a.jpg

I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but the 08 is just plain ugly to me. I get less of a feeling that the Legacy is a great bang for the buck with every passing year. Unless they can add serious horsepower to overcome the rising sticker price (and for nothing more than a few cosmetic changes), Subaru won't be getting my hard earned dough in the future.

I think the LGT Momo wheel is one of the best looking ones out there. Much better than a 4 spoke wheel. Not really a fan of wood trim either.

What makes the 08 wheel have better grip? Is the leather perforated on the 08? Or is it just a different type of leather?

Ill take that wheel. Dplacen has one in his '97.

I saw an '08 Spec B the other day. Really sharp looking car. I like the redesign a lot. Subaru did it right with the Legacy, much more so than another car in their line up... However, no more Subaru's for me until they make bring the STi Legacy for Forrester (or both) to the US. Stop half-assing us SOA!

I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but the 08 is just plain ugly to me. I get less of a feeling that the Legacy is a great bang for the buck with every passing year. Unless they can add serious horsepower to overcome the rising sticker price (and for nothing more than a few cosmetic changes), Subaru won't be getting my hard earned dough in the future.

you do know the 07 was a hair cheaper than the 06 right?

That said below I'll be posting the options, cost and out the door cost. The one I looked at that most likely I would be ordering in a Silver/Black leather would be right around $33k with all the options I want. I'll probably pay around $26k or lower depending on where I get it from. That being the case though, allotments are slow to come in as they are pretty new.

I hope this question isn't too far off-topic, but... Isn't selling a Legacy that stickers for $33k (invoice around $30k+) for $26k (assuming pre-TTL) a money-losing transaction for the dealership?

If I could arrive at that price, I'd be quite tempted to buy one (GT auto w/ Nav+VDC). But being the novice car buyer that I am, I don't understand how you can get a price like that thousands below invoice, even considering holdback. Or is there some other non-negotiation-related discount you didn't mention (Subaru bucks, employee/family discount of some kind, etc.) that's involved in that price?

I hope this question isn't too far off-topic, but... Isn't selling a Legacy that stickers for $33k (invoice around $30k+) for $26k (assuming pre-TTL) a money-losing transaction for the dealership?

If I could arrive at that price, I'd be quite tempted to buy one (GT auto w/ Nav+VDC). But being the novice car buyer that I am, I don't understand how you can get a price like that thousands below invoice, even considering holdback. Or is there some other non-negotiation-related discount you didn't mention (Subaru bucks, employee/family discount of some kind, etc.) that's involved in that price?

alot of people on forums have a habit of talking out of their ass. they seem to think it's funny or cool.

the only ways a car will be that reduced...it's a pos that nobody wants, dealer demo, last gen and need to clear out, or used.

i promise you man. no one will scan a purchased 08 with that price.

alot of people on forums have a habit of talking out of their ass.
I know that's always a possibility on any forum. I just wanted to hear the OP's rationale for that price point, rather than flame him for something like that.

Hi All, new to the Forum, and that is due to my recent purchase of my 08 Legacy spec B. I fell in love with the 2.5 GT and it drove VERY nice, but ended up getting the spec B when I discovered that my dealer had one in stock, and in bright silver too!! This car is just spectacular!! I love everything about it too. The ride, the speed, the looks, the sporty feel, it is just incredible. They finally did away with the Blue Alcantera cloth seat inserts and it is now a black/dark grey insert, looks much cleaner IMO.

I have not seen the '05 gage cluster so I can't comment on its looks, but I like the new style. Very easy to see in bright daylight with the sun roof retracted, and at night as well. The AC controls are still separate for the passenger and driver and the over all feel and placement of all the controls is very intuitive too.

Well, I look forward to enjoying this forum, and sharing my 2 cents worth of opinions/knowledge.

If I had something important to say, I wouldn't tell you anyway.

Yea, I know that feeling well!! Lucky for me, I have a car payment to keep that in line, a bit...
If I had something important to say, I wouldn't tell you anyway.

Archived