LegacyGT.com

The 2008 Legacy GT - Impressions / Test Drive / Pictures (56k no-no)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knowing how greedy wentworth subaru is, I am comfortable saying they will not let the car go for $26k. The MSRP is $30k for a base lgt 5eat. The quote I got was for a base lgt 5eat at $200 below invoice ($27.6k). SWP-LegacyGT has a relationship with Wentworth and may be able to get the car at a slight discount, but we will see what numbers he can get.

I bought my 07 spec b for way below invoice, brand new with 7 miles on it, after financing and options we are paying the msrp price. Not bad :)

You can buy through the VIP program for very cheap, i forget the actual price but it is very close to invoice (+10%?) with no hassle.

alot of people on forums have a habit of talking out of their ass. they seem to think it's funny or cool.

the only ways a car will be that reduced...it's a pos that nobody wants, dealer demo, last gen and need to clear out, or used.

i promise you man. no one will scan a purchased 08 with that price.

Talking out of our ass huh?

Do I need to make an example of you this from this post? :rolleyes:

That said, I've had a steady relationship with Wentworth for years. Many of you know or may not know that Sean Saxton (RalliTEK) used to work there. I've worked with Sean now on a couple occasions and once the car comes out of warranty, most likely will be doing some more business with him. Someone whose worked at a dealership and goes out into the modding business usually has some good insight into the car dealers in the area. As far as price goes, it's a "favor" they would owe me for continued business.

A car could go for a lot less depending on how bad the dealer wanted the business and word of mouth.

Now, I don't make it a habit of talking out of my ass when it comes to Subaru's as I've been around them/admired them and owned them for quite some time. However it is smart to get to know people at the dealerships (friendly or not) and make those ties so you can get the best deal for your money.

Anyone who pays retail for a car is a moron. Yes... you heard me right. That aside, I have 3 other dealers in the area that I can go to get prices quoted and I have fellow members on this board that can arrange that. HOW do you ask? Well, by being someone that takes an interest in the Legacy community, who builds relationships with people on this very board and ultimately by someone who is an absolute car enthusiast at heart.

So before you come in here with your "N00b" hat on and stating that people like to talk out of their ass, why don't you pucker up and kiss mine since I've been so generious with the insults that you obviously hurled my way.

Stew ~ The VIP program lets you get the car I believe 2% below invoice IIRC.

Yeah that sounds right. I was thinking invoice -10% but that wouldn't make any sense. 2 or 3 percent under invoice sounds right. Anyhow, glad you like the car, thats all that really matters. If you can get it for 26 then sweet.

Is this going to be in addition to your 05?

Yeah that sounds right. I was thinking invoice -10% but that wouldn't make any sense. 2 or 3 percent under invoice sounds right. Anyhow, glad you like the car, thats all that really matters. If you can get it for 26 then sweet.

Is this going to be in addition to your 05?

Dunno. At this point, the wife isn't having anything of this. Oddly enough, she doesn't like the styling of it. :lol:

We'll see what develops.

Talking out of our ass huh?

Do I need to make an example of you this from this post? :rolleyes:

That said, I've had a steady relationship with Wentworth for years. Many of you know or may not know that Sean Saxton (RalliTEK) used to work there. I've worked with Sean now on a couple occasions and once the car comes out of warranty, most likely will be doing some more business with him. Someone whose worked at a dealership and goes out into the modding business usually has some good insight into the car dealers in the area. As far as price goes, it's a "favor" they would owe me for continued business.

A car could go for a lot less depending on how bad the dealer wanted the business and word of mouth.

Now, I don't make it a habit of talking out of my ass when it comes to Subaru's as I've been around them/admired them and owned them for quite some time. However it is smart to get to know people at the dealerships (friendly or not) and make those ties so you can get the best deal for your money.

Anyone who pays retail for a car is a moron. Yes... you heard me right. That aside, I have 3 other dealers in the area that I can go to get prices quoted and I have fellow members on this board that can arrange that. HOW do you ask? Well, by being someone that takes an interest in the Legacy community, who builds relationships with people on this very board and ultimately by someone who is an absolute car enthusiast at heart.

So before you come in here with your "N00b" hat on and stating that people like to talk out of their ass, why don't you pucker up and kiss mine since I've been so generious with the insults that you obviously hurled my way.

Stew ~ The VIP program lets you get the car I believe 2% below invoice IIRC.

scan the sheet then. i am calling you on it right here in front of everyone.

you think i paid msrp?? on a mass produced car?? hahaha...i didn't think anyone paid msrp these days. so, try not to feel more important then a pet rock.

costco vehicle purchase program. no haggling needed. no caulk sucking, no ass licking. didn't know a single soul.

I did not know the car was going to have paddle shifters!

That might be the selling point with the wife. I still think she will go with the new WRX hatch though.

Just don't try and change gears while turning the wheel...stationary paddle shifters.

Just don't try and change gears while turning the wheel...stationary paddle shifters.

The purpose of placing the paddles in a stationary position on the steering column is so that you always know exactly where they are, regardless of what position the steering wheel is in. Any paddle shifters that turn with the wheel are almost impossible to get to while performing any type of turning. If you are driving properly (i.e. hand over hand and such), the odds of your hands being where the paddles are is slim to none. At least if the paddles are stationary, you know where they are and can hit one of them with a quick move of one of your hands and then get both hands back on the wheel where they belong.

The new G35 has column mounted paddles. They work pretty well. You always know that the left paddle (which never moves), drops you down a gear, and the right paddle upshifts. I got the chance to play with these paddles, and they do work very well. Compare the G35 paddles with the new paddles on the BMW 335. These are mounted to the steering wheel. They are a slightly different design, but if you are doing any type of aggressive driving, they prove to be impossible to find when you need them. I thrashed the G35 on my test drive on some very twisty roads and was still always able to hit the paddles even during turns. Doing the same thing with the 335 paddles would have been impossible.

Also, Ferrari paddles are stationary (column mounted) as well if that tells you anything. :)

scan the sheet then. i am calling you on it right here in front of everyone.

you think i paid msrp?? on a mass produced car?? hahaha...i didn't think anyone paid msrp these days. so, try not to feel more important then a pet rock.

costco vehicle purchase program. no haggling needed. no caulk sucking, no ass licking. didn't know a single soul.

Scan what? The sale sheet for the car? :lol:

Not even sure I'm going to buy it. I threw that $26k figure out because that's the max I'd pay for the car.

You really are a dumber than you sound.

Scan what? The sale sheet for the car? :lol:

Not even sure I'm going to buy it. I threw that $26k figure out because that's the max I'd pay for the car.

You really are a dumber than you sound.

sounds like your breath smells like ass.

Not that I need to get involved here ;) but I will. :lol:

I think there should be something said for internet price quotes. People need to understand that many times there are specific factors affecting the purchase price that not everyone will have. Let me explain:

Here in the NW, invoice - $500 to $700 - rebates is a good place to aim. Other places, invoice is a struggle to get. I also believe SWP said that $33k price was on the showroom car w/nav and not the one he wants. His would retail for around $31k (GT w/5EAT), correct me if I'm wrong. :) So, taking that into acount, waiting for the $1500 rebate and get $500 below invoice (what I did for an '05 in July of '06 as did many others around here) and you're looking at or below $27k. If he waits long enough and they go to the $2500 rebate as they did in '05, then you are at $26k. Or like he said if they're willing to give up all holdback or just hook him up then he can get there without the rebate. It's not easy, but it can be done. You have to be flexible and willing to wait, but it's not out of this world to aim for. Just wanted to clear those things up and hopefully this thread can be prevented from going much farther off base. :D

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Not that I need to get involved here ;) but I will. :lol:

I think there should be something said for internet price quotes. People need to understand that many times there are specific factors affecting the purchase price that not everyone will have. Let me explain:

Here in the NW, invoice - $500 to $700 - rebates is a good place to aim. Other places, invoice is a struggle to get. I also believe SWP said that $33k price was on the showroom car w/nav and not the one he wants. His would retail for around $31k (GT w/5EAT), correct me if I'm wrong. :) So, taking that into acount, waiting for the $1500 rebate and get $500 below invoice (what I did for an '05 in July of '06 as did many others around here) and you're looking at or below $27k. If he waits long enough and they go to the $2500 rebate as they did in '05, then you are at $26k. Or like he said if they're willing to give up all holdback or just hook him up then he can get there without the rebate. It's not easy, but it can be done. You have to be flexible and willing to wait, but it's not out of this world to aim for. Just wanted to clear those things up and hopefully this thread can be prevented from going much farther off base. :D

^^ Well said.

Basically there's a couple factors involved:

- My wife letting me

- Patience

I could probably get the best deal @ Wentworth due to relationship and rebates. I would have to factory order the '08 LGT that I would want. Would I get a good deal on that? Maybe, maybe not. However, the most I'm willing to spend is $26k.

READ THAT AGAIN.... MOST I'M WILLING TO SPEND!!!!!

There is no problem in some nobody pressing me for why I choose $26,000 as my price. I choose it because that's what I, me, MR. AARON is going to shell out for a new car.

Also, I bought my '05 Non-Limited for $21.3k the CHEAPEST I've seen a new car on a lot that was a demo or pre-owned sell for on these boards. (Legacy wise)

I posted the receipt for that, go look it up if you want to.

Either way, "Dick" if you don't get the stick out of your ass, I'm going to give you a new one to worry about.

i dunno why there is such a big uproar about stationary paddle shifters? in RL situations u will be turning ur wheel more than 90 degrees which means both ur hands will need to move off the wheel and be placed at a different point. this isn't F1/Indy..... the steering ratio isn't like 1/1.... there is 900 degrees of motion here, so unless u can confidently say that in a situation where u are driving even slightly aggressive in the turns, u will know which paddle is to up/down shift when the wheel has been turned left to right X amount of degrees and u were mid-turn.

and anyways, u are suppose to shift before and after a turn, not during, so it makes the paddles moving with the steering wheel even more pointless and dangerous.

I dont understand why there is so much hatred for the 07/08 wheels. They give the car a more upscale look because they have some design to them. The 08's look okay, the back is better looking and the front is personal choice. But the problem for me continues to be what exactly "changed" or improved to validate the 2008 hoop-la. Other than a few buttons on the steering wheel and bumpers the answer is nothing. It really leaves the 3.0R the job of bringing some actual attention to Legacy line up because its somewhat different by offering a 6 cylinder and being loaded with options. But seeing the sticker prices on the GT's of 32,000 + and then some "market adjustments" on top of that, I am thinking a 3.0R , if one can be found, will be priced around 35 which is just too much.

Archived