LegacyGT.com

The 2008 Legacy GT - Impressions / Test Drive / Pictures (56k no-no)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just report his posts... i mean once a mod takes a look at them and the situation they will decide the course of action that is needed. and this guy still doesn't get it that SWP said that he will "probably" pay 26k or lower on the Legacy he wants. How do you expect him to post up a sales sheet when he never bought the car? thats like asking for a picture of the 2010 legacy.... it isn't even designed yet.... and with the usual slow sales of legacies anyways, i'm sure 26k for a LGT can happen once mid 2009 rolls around i mean heck up until jan. u can still buy/custom order 07 legacies. u assume that legacies are going to sell like camry's or something.... subaru is not a high volume selling car company. moreso for a car that is barely known.

and this review is still the most detailed out for the 08's and it has given me a lot to think about since this would be my first legacy.

I would like to keep my next car at or below 25k. I also like the wrx, but wish the new one was better looking...

A WRX will cost you about $25k maybe $26k. Are considering auto or manual because that certainly affects price. New or used?

Good luck ever getting any kind of response from anyone on this board after your little tirade Mister Dick. Your name is going to spread around this board like wildfire so bad that before you know it you'll have to try to come back with a new name as a Newbie again and learn how to behave like a good little Mister Dick. Grow up.

uhh ok.

what part about my posts seem wrong?

the fact i had the balls to call someone a liar?

or the fact i proved another person wrong.

what spreads like wildfire in any forum is a sense of ownership you just don't have and stupidity which seems to run rampart here. if you think this forum has any way a big part of my life like it may be yours, you are sadly mistaken. if you choose to be a monkey, that's cool too. there will be others too who have nothing to say abotu any thread yet seem to think forum ownership.

it's old news. you guys really need to step out of your darkened computer room and realize there is lots of other crap to do.

Well you could stop clogging our forum with crap and start contributing something useful, which has yet to be seen.

And I didn't realize youd gone through all of my posts.

i posted a link of my "contribution" and left proof of your lack of.

you are over...

I have an rc car to destroy. i'll leave you with your right hand...

good day.

what spreads like wildfire in any forum is a sense of ownership you just don't have and stupidity which seems to run rampart here.

it's old news. you guys really need to step out of your darkened computer room and realize there is lots of other crap to do.

but wait, if we are all stupid, what does that make you? who is also a part of this forum? :rolleyes:

and darken computer room? this ain't the 90's where only nerds surf the internet and actually had computer skills. Most of my posts are from work when i got time to kill. at least i am getting paid to post so i'm not going to complain about spending half my day in front of a computer in a brightly lit office.

Mister Dick keeps trying to talk like a sophisticate, yet you can so tell that he's got the mentality of a 16 year old kid. It's really amusing. I wonder if he treats his car like he treats everyone on this site??

Mister Dick keeps trying to talk like a sophisticate, yet you can so tell that he's got the mentality of a 16 year old kid. It's really amusing. I wonder if he treats his car like he treats everyone on this site??

it's at carter subaru right now for an alignment. royal purple in the back seat.

silver 07 gt debadged. you'll know it when you see it.

i do drive it like it's stolen though. did since day one. fyi...last i checked it still had the mobile 1 i put in 4k miles ago.

am trying to figure out what the problem is in some of you. i've done nothing to you but call a couple of you on what I believe to be b.s. i have yet to be proven wrong but have received name calling and nonsense replies. yet, I get accused of having a 16 yo mentality? Does that REALLY make any sense to any of you?

then for some odd reason you chime in with absolutely NOTHING to say but to accuse me of having a 16 yo mentality. I ask again...does that make sense to you?

it's pretty sad really. im surprised none of you have called me a liar in actually having the gt.

Yup. I really dont feel like arguing with a cocky 16 year old.

then why do you keep trying?

funny for you as well...any reason why you want the last word?

aldo funny how i busted your ass in the 5eat thread and here and you call me cocky. AND 16?? wow!

what it is...you and 99.9% of this forum assume that just because i joined the forum recently that i am a young new owner. this isn't my first car nor my first brand new car. This isn't even my first forum. so you, and all the others, should really get over the stigma that a new member is completely ignorant. i will call as i see it not what others claim it to be. if i can input something, i will (and have). if you find some of my input worthless, then perhaps you shouldn;t be reading the thread to begin with. especially you in the 5eat thread. you have no business being in there. you dont have one, dont drive one, know nothing about it and all you could talk about was the manual in your 99 legacy.

does that make sense to you? why would you do that?

any more stuff you wanna add?

fwiw anyways...

but wait, if we are all stupid, what does that make you? who is also a part of this forum? :rolleyes:

and darken computer room? this ain't the 90's where only nerds surf the internet and actually had computer skills. Most of my posts are from work when i got time to kill. at least i am getting paid to post so i'm not going to complain about spending half my day in front of a computer in a brightly lit office.

any reason as to why you have a sentra yet still choose to chime in?

in case you can't figure it out...figure of speech.

thanks for the input though. excellent work.

any reason as to why you have a sentra yet still choose to chime in?

in case you can't figure it out...figure of speech.

thanks for the input though. excellent work.

so b/c i have a sentra i can't join this forum? looks like someone thinks they have forum ownership mentality. and i thought you frowned upon that? :rolleyes:

what spreads like wildfire in any forum is a sense of ownership you just don't have

so until the mods kick me out for not having a Legacy, i'll "chime" in whenever i want, Dick. ;)

Hey guys, I really like the legacy gt and may consider buying one as my next vehicle in a year or so if all goes as planned. What are people actually paying for these at say end of year clearance or with rebates? I am also looking at the new mits. rallart (if it comes out decent) and the mazdapeed6. I know people are paying like 22-23k for the MS6 even though they sticker at around 27-29k (too bad this is the last year for them though). I would like to keep my next car at or below 25k. I also like the wrx, but wish the new one was better looking...

The new WRXdoes look good, it just needs a grill like the New STI, not that thing it comes with.

Have you considered the MS3? It gets good ratings.

Nice. I assume you tested the 2.5 GT. I wonder how the 3.0 R's are like compared to 2.5 GT's.

I'm surprised that they still don't offer HID's at least as an option here...

I don't like the new grill any more than the old grill, but both the front bumper and rear bumper I kinda like.

That SI-Drive, i think, is more useful in AUTO cars than in Manual cars. I hate Intelligent mode in traffic in my 5MT, but that is just me.

Nice write up so far, and semi-nice pics. :)

AND the pictures of the rear end... does the tail-pipe look off-center/crooked to anyone else??

I noticed that too. :confused:

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I'm new to this forum. i just bought a new 2008 spec b. First one in the north pa area. this is my 6th subaru. I love them. traded in my 05 obxt ltd wagon with just 20,000 miles. Had to have the 08 spec b. since this is the 4th subaru i bought from this dealer I got a great deal. good trade in value plus knocked off $2000 from the msrp and threw in sirus, homelink mirror, and front and rear mud flaps for free. the car is great. it rides different from the ob and totally different from my wife 07 forester xt. love the 6 sp and memory seats. have the car a week an have 700 miles on it already. will keep you guys updated and post some pictures soon.

I noticed that too. :confused:

Which part.

It would seem to me that Intelligent mode is more geared toward highway cruising when youre not really accelerating, just hangin out.

And Subaru believes that projector headlights are better than HIDs....oh except in the STi :rolleyes:

Which part.

It would seem to me that Intelligent mode is more geared toward highway cruising when youre not really accelerating, just hangin out.

wrong.

the intellegent mode is just fine for everything except street racing. torque is constant at every shift and the acceleration feels pretty easy. took the gt to 110 in I just to test it out. accleration was fine. Not as quick at s# but fine.

still has A LOT more power than that rental forester I had even in I.

ok boys i don't care who started it it ends now. this goes for all of you stop the bickering and name calling or i will close this. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived