LegacyGT.com

The 2008 Legacy GT - Impressions / Test Drive / Pictures (56k no-no)

i want to see more pics also. we just all have to play nice. :) bosco

You're a meanie :spin::lol::D I saw a Legacy 2.5i in person...the lines are very natural and pleasant to the eye. A couple small JDM tweaks and it could be even better. :)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm new to this forum. i just bought a new 2008 spec b. First one in the north pa area. this is my 6th subaru. I love them. traded in my 05 obxt ltd wagon with just 20,000 miles. Had to have the 08 spec b. since this is the 4th subaru i bought from this dealer I got a great deal. good trade in value plus knocked off $2000 from the msrp and threw in sirus, homelink mirror, and front and rear mud flaps for free. the car is great. it rides different from the ob and totally different from my wife 07 forester xt. love the 6 sp and memory seats. have the car a week an have 700 miles on it already. will keep you guys updated and post some pictures soon.

welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for stoping the daytime soap drama bosco!

I looked at the 08 spec B on the showroom this weekend. I like the 07 wheels much better. Most of the changes were minor cosmetic stuff. The spec B has paddle shifters for changing SI-Drive modes...kinda lame since the selector knob is still in the center console. I like the 07 blue seat inserts better too. Also, the 08 steering wheel is simply a leather covered steering wheel....I don't think it is a momo (which I think the 07 has). Over all, there aren't that many changes between model year spec B's.

alwaysjeff....I'm sure we are all curious as to whether your 08 has the same hesitation when accelerating many of us have been experiencing. There are many threads on here about it to see what I'm talking about. Congrats on the new car!

txchas- dont really know what you mean about hesitation. this is my 4th turbo,1st stick and as far as i know there is no hesitation. The autos had some turbo lag but thats about it. With the new spec b the sweet spot is about 3000-3500rpm. You step on it and it goes like a rocket.

txchas- dont really know what you mean about hesitation. this is my 4th turbo,1st stick and as far as i know there is no hesitation. The autos had some turbo lag but thats about it. With the new spec b the sweet spot is about 3000-3500rpm. You step on it and it goes like a rocket.

Here is the thread: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55114

Hopefully, you don't have this problem.

Nope dont have the hesitation problem thank goodness. Sorry to all you guys that are having problems with your dealers service department. The 4 subbies i bought from this dealer never ever had to go back for anything other than routine maintenance. I guess I'm lucky. My son has my old 05 forester xt with

97,000 miles. One set of brakes and mobile 1 every 5,000 thats all i ever did to it. oh and of course i had the dealers 60,000 mile service done for I think it was about $700. Runs as good as the day I drove it off the lot.

I have almost 900 miles on my spec B, and I have opened it up a few times, and haven't yet had the hesitation problem that is plaguing some of you. It pulls like a freight train, just ask the BMW 325 and Audi A4 3.2 I spanked already!!! This is such a sweet car!

alwaysjeff, welcome to the forum, I have the same car here in CA. Bright Silver too. Have had it for almost 4 weeks this Friday. I think we are one of the very few owners of the 08 spec Bs, so far. Enjoy your new ride!!

If I had something important to say, I wouldn't tell you anyway.

wow....I thought I was in love with the car before but stationary paddle shifters and that whole new look has just completely sold me on subaru. Sure it doesn't have the name of BMW and Audi but it only takes one minute inside the car to realize that name doesn't mean shit.

Have they gone with the single key fob as promised instead of a key and fob seperate?

BTW: People saying they hate the stationary paddle shifters - think Ferrari and Lamborghini. Imagine trying to downshift through an exit out of a hard turn? Are you going to have time to go "Which side is the '+' or '-' on or are you going to KNOW where they are? God, playing forza on xbox with moving paddle shifters was annoying, I can't imagine how they'd be in a real car.

Yup. Single key. Not the most attractive thing ever, but hey it's one piece! It looks similar to my mom's Honda CRV key :rolleyes::

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/Ob08keys1.JPG

sorry for my confusion, but please tell me it's not those big blocks and it's the slender subaru key....

:lol: :lol: Oh don't you wish! :( It is the big block things, our '05-07 keys are like the single key above with an additional fob. :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived