LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4EAT+Turbo Kit=Disaster?

anyone care to chime in on my predicament?

why? my '04 fxt had the 4eat direct control automatic, and that thing was a beast off the line. it dynoed around 180 at the wheels after a retune, and the auto was more than capable during fast jaunts on winding roads. i just wish the forester had the sportshift feature the legacy's have. i think the turbo kit may be a godsend for auto leggy owners. we will see...

"Almost", I've found, can be a pretty important word.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^^^...

I took "late summer" as meaning late summer.;)

What MY cars are you R&Ding, Sean? A lot of people are worried about the newer PZEV cars being hard to gain any hp from. I'm curious myself. What are your thoughts?

^^^^^^...

I took "late summer" as meaning late summer.;)

What MY cars are you R&Ding, Sean? A lot of people are worried about the newer PZEV cars being hard to gain any hp from. I'm curious myself. What are your thoughts?

i was depressed for a week when i found out Borla header wont work with my PZEV engine :icon_cry:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

i was depressed for a week when i found out Borla header wont work with my PZEV engine :icon_cry:

You and me both, that also mean that if we purchase the Turbo kit were gonna have to get custom headers done up. Sending my car this Sunday to get mine in:):):):) Shit better work:mad:

You and me both, that also mean that if we purchase the Turbo kit were gonna have to get custom headers done up. Sending my car this Sunday to get mine in:):):):) Shit better work:mad:

OT but also important: So you got a custom header done? Keep us posted

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

I think this would be a great idea here once I got my car fully paid off. I got a mechanic friend who could install it for me. So the gain is about 40 - 50 hp or so? That doesn't sound too bad. I think this whole concept of car HP is a scam to begin with. When car companies list the horsepower of a car they only list it on the engine at peak performance. That is how they came up with 175 for a 2.5i engine. But who in reality gets that. The actual hp on the wheels is somewhere between 130-140 during the higher/peak levels. I guess with this kit you peak somewhere around to 200 hp on the engine but would most of the time in reality get somewhere between 160-170 hp on the wheels. At least that is the way I understand it. Unless I am misinterpreting the dyno chart

• 2 weeks later...

You should be able to push more than 4psi if you tune your maps and put Meth injection in.

why is it nobody on here talks about meth? its better than a intercooler, ever heard of heat soaking? sure you have to fill another tank, but its cheap and lasts a long time.

sean s,

how you said the turbo kit wont fit due to the intercooler top placement. would this turbo kit fit if you just mold the hood of the car or is their engine parts in the way?

molding the hood of the car? do you mean cutting out a hole for the scoop? if so, that would take away from the "bolt-on" marketability of the kit. you could swap hoods with an LGT'er that's going with an FMIC and wants the stealth look, but i wouldn't want to hope and pray someone near by, with my color car wants to do just that.

You should be able to push more than 4psi if you tune your maps and put Meth injection in.

why is it nobody on here talks about meth? its better than a intercooler, ever heard of heat soaking? sure you have to fill another tank, but its cheap and lasts a long time.

sean said the kit runs at about 6psi. not sure where the 4psi came from?

to me, meth injection is a high HP/backup kind of system. its there when you do reach heat soak, but i don't know about long-term primary cooling durability. the turbo they're using is small enough that it doesn't create an extreme amount of heat during compression. in most applications, the FMIC should be fine (the current FMIC in the LGT's probably rejects the same amount of heat the FMIC will).

if meth injection is so great, why aren't the OEM's using it? i think it would be a hassle to deal with. the FMIC is always there, always ready to go, doesn't need to be refilled. sure it can suffer from heat soak, but i think that taking out some timing could correct that.

if meth injection is so great, why aren't the OEM's using it? i think it would be a hassle to deal with. the FMIC is always there, always ready to go, doesn't need to be refilled. sure it can suffer from heat soak, but i think that taking out some timing could correct that.

OEM uses RE92s,,,............ummmmmmm.

Refilling a container every second tank of gas is a PITA, so is getting gas come to think of it!

In all seriousness do the research. I was very skeptical at first, now I would never be w/o WI.

Archived