LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

yea seatle getting a gt hood could work but i was saying there is a shop in my area that makes custom hoods for pretty much any car. i didnt mean takign a hammer to the underside of my hood haha. i just phrased it wrong.

and would the lgt hood fit over the impreza turbo kit? that would save me some money if i buy this..

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OEM uses RE92s,,,............ummmmmmm.

Refilling a container every second tank of gas is a PITA, so is getting gas come to think of it!

In all seriousness do the research. I was very skeptical at first, now I would never be w/o WI.

are you running only WI (as in no intercooler)? i read the meth/water thread, some people have done they system without using an intercooler, but it didn't appear this was common practice.

also, i don't think that the EM that comes with the kit can change maps on the fly, so, if the meth/water system fails for some reason or you run out of it, you're likely to blow your engine. where as if the IC developes a leak (failure), you just loose boost, the car runs rich, and you loose power.

i just think in this application the intercooler is very reliable day to day for the most part, and meth/water injection could be a great supporting (additional) system.

are you running only WI (as in no intercooler)? i read the meth/water thread, some people have done they system without using an intercooler, but it didn't appear this was common practice.

also, i don't think that the EM that comes with the kit can change maps on the fly, so, if the meth/water system fails for some reason or you run out of it, you're likely to blow your engine. where as if the IC developes a leak (failure), you just loose boost, the car runs rich, and you loose power.

i just think in this application the intercooler is very reliable day to day for the most part, and meth/water injection could be a great supporting (additional) system.

I am not at all pretending to know all there is about WI on a non-intercooled car. My car is the GT so I have an IC.

Why couldn't one (IC or no IC) use a similiar failsafe that most of use: WI failure = WG spring boost only? I don't know the specifics of this kit, maybe that can't be done.?????????

I personally would want an IC, but would strongly consider WI too.

I am not at all pretending to know all there is about WI on a non-intercooled car. My car is the GT so I have an IC.

Why couldn't one (IC or no IC) use a similiar failsafe that most of use: WI failure = WG spring boost only? I don't know the specifics of this kit, maybe that can't be done.?????????

I personally would want an IC, but would strongly consider WI too.

well, i think we're in agreement, but making points different ways. the WI would be a nice add on to the kit, especially because of the likeliness of detonation.

^ If the 4EAT in the Legacy is anything like the Forester XT, you should be fine. Mine dyno'd 195whp/250ft.lb. on a Mustang Dyno (91 octane) and it's still going strong. :)

-Mike-

Yes, but the Forester XT came from the factory with a turbo, meaning that the tranny is probably stronger than an NA 4EAT. Our trannies probably wernt built to handle much more than stock power output. The only reason I ask is because this is my only car, I have to use it to get to work, to school, ect. I am going to turbo it if I can do it safely, if there is any possibility of my transmisson scattering all over the road, I'm not going to turbo it until I swap a manual tranny in...and while the new tranny is sitting in my garage as i wait for more parts and $$, I'd tear it down and build it to be bomb-proof.

If it can be proven that the NA 4EAT can handle boost, im writing a check to Rallitek for 3500$ next summer, end-o-story.

If it can be proven that the NA 4EAT can handle boost, im writing a check to Rallitek for 3500$ next summer, end-o-story.

Can the Auto tranny handle the extra power? Or is a manual needed?

The AT handles it just fine. The MT requires a clutch upgrade.

Sean S.

get your pen and checkbook ready

Yep, I am still waiting for an update on this...would be nice if someone really could see this develop and make a video out of it. Maybe once it goes to the dyno on a 06 or 07 NA Legacy or something like that

:cool:

Need to do this right. Installing the turbo itself is not too hard but it has to come with a ECU that is already set up.

Messing with tuning the computer system in the car --> not a good idea.

Hey this kit will come with a ECU that is already set up will it not?

:cool:

Need to do this right. Installing the turbo itself is not too hard but it has to come with a ECU that is already set up.

Messing with tuning the computer system in the car --> not a good idea.

Hey this kit will come with a ECU that is already set up will it not?

the kit comes with a piggyback ECU. basically takes all the readings from the sensors before they get to the OE ECU. computes new outputs based on the maps, tells the computer one thing, and then does something else. and based on the info, its plug and play. no soldering necessary.

nothing is done the OE ECU in the vehicle. its all about changing inputs and outputs.

Guest subiecity
all i gotta say is sean is ****** awesome cuz idk too many companies that are chill and actually test fit shit and post data up here, and able to answer all questions...if my car was standard, and i didnt hear soo many bad things about the internals on a 2.5i motor not beeing able to handle boost, even if it is a lil boost it still worries me too much to even bother, if im gonna bolt on a turbocharger, its not going to be on my everyday driver......anyways im wating anxiosly for the front and rear sways, endlinks and brackets to come in from rallitek :) its gonna be fun in the sun with them shits on :)

• 4 weeks later...
and something like turbo for 3.0R? :)

To develop a kit for 3.0R I will need to start with finding out sales potential. (How many vehicles sold, demographics...any help apreciated.)

We could always build you a 1-off custom setup!

-Sean S.

To develop a kit for 3.0R I will need to start with finding out sales potential. (How many vehicles sold, demographics...any help apreciated.)

We could always build you a 1-off custom setup!

-Sean S.

As I mentioned in PM, sales potential in area of Slovak/Czech republic is low. The numbers of sold 3.0R are max 50 per year in SK. I think that czech sales will be 2x/3x more.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i had this great idea that i think could possible work with some obvious engine upgrades...

my friend has a impreza 2.5rs with a bolt on turbo, now he is practically giving away the car but i think im gonna grab the turbo before hand, i think it could work but could i attach the turbo with the fmic listed on this website?

or should i still work on my supercharger project with a fmic? im kinda caught up in what to do

Archived